Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ice Block still exists, so you can conceivably survive anyway. And plus, people don't care that pallies get Argent Defender. And no one complained about unholy DK's being able to resurrect after death as a ghoul. That was removed only because Blizzard didn't like it.

Deleted
    They will probably add something like "Recently rescued from Cauterize, not even ice could stop this heat", so that you can't iceblock. I dunno though. I guess we will have to wait and see

The 4 seconds to burn 48% of your hp seems kind of fast, but that's what makes it balanced. Any slower and it could get overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    The 4 seconds to burn 48% of your hp seems kind of fast, but that's what makes it balanced. Any slower and it could get overpowered.
    You could technically avoid all the damage if you're fast enough. Molten shields getting Mage Ward off GCD will make fast reactions easier as well.

ok, now I am QQ'ing

Things like this kinda depress me, and just make me want to not reactivate for Cata.

Mages and Rogues are the only 2 classes in WoW that actually need abilities taken away, not given even more tools to make them control more fights.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    And no one complained about unholy DK's being able to resurrect after death as a ghoul. That was removed only because Blizzard didn't like it.
    Lots of people complained about it. Was too OP for shit like arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    ok, now I am QQ'ing

Things like this kinda depress me, and just make me want to not reactivate for Cata.

Mages and Rogues are the only 2 classes in WoW that actually need abilities taken away, not given even more tools to make them control more fights.
    I agree. Im sick of seeing all those fire mages raping in arenas.

And no one complained about unholy DK's being able to resurrect after death as a ghoul. That was removed only because Blizzard didn't like it.
    I Complained about it. It was ridiculous.

Even if noone else in the entire world complained about it, you'd still be wrong

You'll likely need to Iceblock/Ward it unless you are running with a priest or druid healer. You can easily lock down a healer for 4 sec or interrupt their casts.

10+ Year Old Account
    What i'm wondering is if your already below 40% will Cauterize still proc or do you have to be at say 41% hp and knocked down to 0 for it to work. For a rogue cheat death works no matter what hp your at, so i'm just wondering if it is the same atm or if they might change it like that later on

Quote Originally Posted by Sevii View Post
    What i'm wondering is if your already below 40% will Cauterize still proc or do you have to be at say 41% hp and knocked down to 0 for it to work. For a rogue cheat death works no matter what hp your at, so i'm just wondering if it is the same atm or if they might change it like that later on
    No one knows but at the moment, it seems like the intent is for it to work regardless of what hp you were originally at. Once you hit 0, you get 'healed' to 40% and then the dot begins.... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Orinoco View Post
    This is exactly how it would work if you were Arc/Fire spec. New arcane rotation that includes suicide :P?
    Incanter's Absorption is, what, Tier 6? And Cauterize will be Tier 3, so they'll be mutually exclusive.

@ Stirge; Ah didn't check the damned tiers. That is a shame.

Do buffs stick if you hit 0HP but technically don't die? Never looked into how the 'cheat death' mechanics work.

Deleted
    You die and come back as fire to burn all the liars leaving blanket of ash on the ground and die again.

They should just call it Phoenix Form so every mage since the advent of Guardian Spirit can stop asking for it.

Deleted
    i would be surprised you can iceblock this lol, it just gives you extra survability

Quote Originally Posted by Orinoco View Post
    @ Stirge; Ah didn't check the damned tiers. That is a shame.

Do buffs stick if you hit 0HP but technically don't die? Never looked into how the 'cheat death' mechanics work.
    Yes, you can read it as "When you would die, instead you heal to 40% health and start burning." So all your buffs(and debuffs, for that matter) stay intact. Or at least, that's how it works with Ardent Defender on live.

---------- Post added 2010-07-31 at 09:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bowtux View Post
    i would be surprised you can iceblock this lol, it just gives you extra survability
    I would not be surprised at all. If they just wanted you to die again immediately, instead of burning for 4 seconds you would just drop dead in 4 seconds. This talent is in fact specifically designed to give you extra survivability. It even gives you a little extra tactical flexibility, in addition to saving you 'cause you're bad. (Just to note, if I had this talent, it would probably proc about once a minute, on cooldown. :P ) If you see an avoidable demise coming, you can decide whether to avoid it completely by moving, probably costing you dps, ice block it, definitely costing you some dps, or just let Cauterize save you and keep casting. Most times, the best answer will be to get out the way and keep your defensive cooldowns for when RNG hates you, but sometimes you'll really just want to take the hit and keep on trucking.

Ice Block still exists, so you can conceivably survive anyway. And plus, people don't care that pallies get Argent Defender. And no one complained about unholy DK's being able to resurrect after death as a ghoul. That was removed only because Blizzard didn't like it.
    Erm....yes they did. That's why they removed it from the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxius View Post
    so theoretically, could this effect happen, then cast (fire absorbtion mage spell that escapes my memory) and through the arcane tree gain spell power? im not looking at the talent trees atm, but could this work in theory?
    Deep Arcane + 3rd Fire Tier = Error.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

at first i was about to kill blizz for this talent, but then i said to myself'Wait.I can IB through it'. This is better than cheat death, cause it brings you to 40%, and technically you can prepare by IB's duration to pwn.