Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Deathwing? Not what he seems

So I'm going to go over a few thing's that deathwing is failing to suceed so far in the beta patch's.

1) Deathwing's size? Deathwing is puny, he's like the size of those dragons flying around frostwyrm temple. He is nothing special and definitely not looking intimidating at that size. Even the old classic boss's were bigger like Ragnaros,Nefarian and Onyxia. Now we are talking the new end-game boss and they seem like they're getting smaller and smaller...

REAL SIZE: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...tpanel_021.jpg

That is how he should have been, THAT SIZE. where the HUMAN/WOW CHAR Is struggling to see anything but his foot cause his computer graphics aren't set high enough to see the rest of his body.

2) Deathwing's model? Yeah, I won't lie I thought it was pretty fucking awesome. Scaly, fire igniting in the middle of the cracks. New face, look's really sharp and devestating, though his size pulls him down. but the problem is we were MIS-LEAD. The pictures we saw of Deathwing looked so much different. It looked like he had a different body structure & posture.

FOR EXAMPLE
    MODEL: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...tpanel_021.jpg

I thought he was going to be standing like that, but he looks like the rest of the dragons. I thought he'd be like a lizard's posture and a huge long neck but just a oversized cooler looking one?

3) Deathwing's health, this has nothing really to do with problem's with his health etc. But it's a bit of a hint. I saw in a video his health was 858M. I believe so that must mean a little something about how high our damage is going to be scaling. If LK 25 HM is 108M that means it's 8x more so our dmg would have to be about 8x more.

So, I just let out my QQ, I want to hear what you guys think about the SIZE & MODEL. Especially the model. That's what dissapointed me the most.
    hey im gud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravian View Post
    So I'm going to go over a few thing's that deathwing is failing to suceed so far in the beta patch's.

1) Deathwing's size? Deathwing is puny, he's like the size of those dragons flying around frostwyrm temple. He is nothing special and definitely not looking intimidating at that size. Even the old classic boss's were bigger like Ragnaros,Nefarian and Onyxia. Now we are talking the new end-game boss and they seem like they're getting smaller and smaller...

REAL SIZE: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...tpanel_021.jpg

That is how he should have been, THAT SIZE. where the HUMAN/WOW CHAR Is struggling to see anything but his foot cause his computer graphics aren't set high enough to see the rest of his body.

2) Deathwing's model? Yeah, I won't lie I thought it was pretty fucking awesome. Scaly, fire igniting in the middle of the cracks. New face, look's really sharp and devestating, though his size pulls him down. but the problem is we were MIS-LEAD. The pictures we saw of Deathwing looked so much different. It looked like he had a different body structure & posture.

FOR EXAMPLE
    MODEL: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...tpanel_021.jpg

I thought he was going to be standing like that, but he looks like the rest of the dragons. I thought he'd be like a lizard's posture and a huge long neck but just a oversized cooler looking one?

3) Deathwing's health, this has nothing really to do with problem's with his health etc. But it's a bit of a hint. I saw in a video his health was 858M. I believe so that must mean a little something about how high our damage is going to be scaling. If LK 25 HM is 108M that means it's 8x more so our dmg would have to be about 8x more.

So, I just let out my QQ, I want to hear what you guys think about the SIZE & MODEL. Especially the model. That's what dissapointed me the most.
    You have two different links to the same thing in one post...

Also I don't think this is his final model, considering Arthas used to have a human model before they changed him to what he is now. And beta is far from over. And the health thing is silly, don't judge by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the smaller sizes are due to the smaller sizes of the raids. Before it was 40 people all doing all kinds of insane flashy spells effects it was madness. If you had a normal size mob in that mess you wouldn't be able to find jack. But yeah I do kinda miss raid bosses so big they could crush a tauren with their pinky.

858M hp seems quite a bit ridiculous.
    MAYBE, just MAYBE its in the 500M mark or something for 25 Heroics.
    Unless it is 858M where the actually raid group does like 500M by themselves and hop onto vehicles or have assistance for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    You have two different links to the same thing in one post...

Also I don't think this is his final model, considering Arthas used to have a human model before they changed him to what he is now. And beta is far from over. And the health thing is silly, don't judge by it.
    I'll try and find the other link, sorry. & I really hope this is the beta model. Because if this is it but just going to be size scaled up more I am going to be really fucking disappointed with this expansion. He doesn't look any special.
    hey im gud

10+ Year Old Account
    the posture and size is likely a deathwing skin on a regular dragon skeleton. gonna change

Sometimes when a boss appears outside of their raid for a quest they have a totally different health pool, for instance Malygos has like 10K or something for the quest where you help that Red Dragon before he freezes her?

Just don't judge the book by it's cover is all I'm saying.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

858M is probs just a random number they put in. Arthas has like 50 diff hp levels all through wotlk questing areas. They probs dont really know how much hp he will have yet depending how bad/good the gearing ends up.

He isnt that small, could be bigger but that would need a giant room and for game mechanic reasons would probs get abit annoying/laggy. Depending on the encounter he could be his current size or bumped up to Supremus size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just one question why people are whining about how small Deathwing is... I mean its only beta for god sake its not the release version so have patience and wait when the game released then start judge..

yeah, well it is still subject to change so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Anyone else have other idea's or thoughts about this?

& Yes

858M doesn't seeem quite ridiculous it's what I saw I know the damage will be scaled tremendously. The weapon damage on weapons are like almost surpassing shadowmourne if not HAVE surpassed shadowmourne.

I mean, Cataclysm is suppose to be out BEFORE BLIZZCON 10. that means BEFORE OCTOBER. So beta won't be that much longer so we better see some DRASTIC changes
    hey im gud

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    If you think about it, the concept work for Deathwing looks more like the structure and body rig of a Pit Lord rather than a dragon. Plus i think using a Pit Lords structure, but ofc changing it dramaticly to give it the proper proportions for a dragon would make him look insanely awesome. Atm, his ingame model doesnt look intimidating, as his head is too big for his body. He just looks ike a cute little metal dragon tbh.

He needs to be bigger, cooler, and harder. Paragon will get the w1'st anyway : P
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertaiment
    The only new glyph we are ready to announce right now is the Glyph of Divine Shield, which reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone whenever Divine Shield is active.

I mean, Cataclysm is suppose to be out BEFORE BLIZZCON 10. that means BEFORE OCTOBER. So beta won't be that much longer so we better see some DRASTIC changes

Deathwing's raid will not be open anyways when Cata comes out, so why does his stats even matter? They have until it opens to tweak his HP and whatnot, they probably don't even know the numbers yet since they have not gotten all the gear set in stone.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

15+ Year Old Account
    Where do you get that idea?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

I'm pretty sure nobody has said this anywhere ever in an official capacity. Anyone who says this is just fanwanking.

Pretty sure no one ever said that, source?

Quote Originally Posted by Nucrus View Post
    Pretty sure no one ever said that, source?
    I don't remember who said it but a major dev in Cataclysm said

"People will be complaining about Goblin Rogue's before blizzcon"

Blizzcon is in october. BEFORE OCT.
    hey im gud

Quote Originally Posted by Nucrus View Post
    source?
    Dravian's arsehole

You have the figure that Deathchin may not be a simple "deeps him down and watch for teh lava" fight, considering Maly was nothing of the sorts. Go figure you push him to 70% and then we jump on red drakes and just start pew pewing for maybe a good 20-30% before returning back to the "dodge teh lavas"

10+ Year Old Account
    but the problem is we were MIS-LEAD.
    Things change. We were supposed to have the Path of the Titans, but no.

Hunter's were supposed to have Shadowmourne, but no.