Maelstrom 10-50x BETTER? (SOURCE)

Originally Posted by Valnoth (Source)
    Maybe I missed the memo on levels of "epicosity" or something, but I'm pretty sure the Maelstrom is a CLASS 10 epic zone. Though I guess it is missing sharks with laser beams patrolling the waters and Arthur Fonzarelli jumping across it with water skis. And dinosaurs.

[...] After reading this post I called for a meeting with TOP TOP MEN (that's two tops) in order to figure out a solution to the problem at hand. Frankly, I think we hit a home run. The next 4.0 build (or the one after) should have a Maelstrom that's between 10 - 50x more epic than what currently exists.
    Soo, I bolded it out. Is this an exaggeration? A joke perhaps? or are they serious 10-50x? It's already fucking cooler than I expected.
    hey im gud

10+ Year Old Account
    its the shark/dinosaur/undead thing thats making the epic level rise. and its working

10+ Year Old Account

Edit: Yeah, if the Epicus Maximus is what they meant then that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    its the shark/dinosaur/undead thing thats making the epic level rise. and its working
    I'm pretty sure in bold it says Maelstrom... and whats with that Epicosity thing is it a developer easter egg thing ONLY FOR THE BETA? or will it come out in live. Can it attack you, etc any more information about it?
    hey im gud

Quote Originally Posted by Dravian View Post
    I'm pretty sure in bold it says Maelstrom... and whats with that Epicosity thing is it a developer easter egg thing ONLY FOR THE BETA? or will it come out in live. Can it attack you, etc any more information about it?
    I'm going to guess that they are actually now planning to jazz up the Maelstrom, that they put Epicus Maximus there to keep players amused until they can come up with a more breathtaking design.

Epicus Maximus is such an immersion breaker.

*dons flame resistant hat*
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post

It definitely is. Luckily it won't be there in live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post

It isn't his fault that putting the maelstrom next to him makes it look junky. Being awesome is a burden ya know.

Man, some people must have turned off their sarcasm radars. Pfft

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard actualy created a placeholder for awesome. just imagine the epicness of the undead sharkosaur and put it into the actual maelstrom design. yay.

Quote Originally Posted by unillenium View Post
    I'm going to guess that they are actually now planning to jazz up the Maelstrom, that they put Epicus Maximus there to keep players amused until they can come up with a more breathtaking design.
    Or they did it to make fun of people like you who don't understand it's already pretty damn epic, and the only way they could make it more epic would be to put sharks with fricken' lazor beams in it. It needs no redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe

That's exactly the point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur

Quote Originally Posted by badgers View Post
    it definitely is. Luckily it won't be there in live.
    lol.

---------- Post added 2010-07-31 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    Or they did it to make fun of people like you who don't understand it's already pretty damn epic, and the only way they could make it more epic would be to put sharks with fricken' lazor beams in it. It needs no redesign.

I was unaware; good to know.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post

Yeah. Pretty much this. What genuinely surprised me is that Blizzard actually did it. I mean when I heard about that blue post, I was like "yeah. I see what they did there. <Insert sarcastic remark here>" But when I saw the screen shots I was like "Wait. For real? Now how about that?"

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter