Thread: Meta

Meta

So I was talking to a buddy of mine and he was trying to convince me that the chaotic skyflare meta was superior if u used the second blue gem for a socket bonus of +6 str or more. Has anyone heard this or simmed it?

What should I gem for?
    Step 1: Determining Your meta
    Look at your gear, count the blue sockets you have. If you have at least two, see if they have 6 str bonuses or higher. If you have two blue sockets with two 6 or higher str bonuses, then you should use a nightmare tear, a str/stam gem, and the 21 crit meta. If you do not meet the above requirements, use the 21 agi meta and one nightmare tear.
    From the Death Knight DPS guide sticky, read it http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-for-help-here
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

ah and now I feel like an idiot haha. thank you very much lol

Regardless of what other people have said I have seen about 2 or 3 good sources that say that relentless earthsiege is the best for any melee class (agility and crit rating) it scales better is only slightly less crit than the chaotic and it frees up a blue socket, having more than 1 blue socket unless the strength bonus is high enough is just not worth it, you gain overall not using that second blue socket.

If I remember correctly the reasoning behind this is the fact that the socket bonus's aren't high enough to make up for the loss of having to use a second blue socket, strength wise.

Deleted
    from the EJ unholy discussion thread:

Originally Posted by Nifty01
    Taking the BIS ep values.

20str gem + 21agi meta = 91,81 EP

10str/15stam gem + 6str bonus +21crit meta = 94,07 EP

The pants are an even better place to put a blue gem since the Ep loss is only 1,5EP through the yellow gem and 6,22EP through the blue gem compared to the 12,44EP loss in the chest.

conclusion: go with sovereign dreadstone + nightmare tear and crit meta.
    Exactly, lots of people think that the one blue gem is a heavy DPS lose tho they do not take into consideration that the 20str gem at the place of 10str/15 is actualy only a 4Str gain (which becomes 4,68 with kings/endless winter/ravenous) and not to mention that 21 crit rating provides not only physical crit increase but also magical.