Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nice find, going to check it myself right now!

to those who said they arnt a fel orc because of teh lack of spikes there are several stages of fel orcism the first stage is the red skin if they are subject to demon blood for longer they get spikes on their body and end up with bodies like they ahve been doing more roids than humanly possible

". The most prominent side effect of this blood haze is a deep red discoloration of the flesh..." quoted from Wowwiki. Red orcs are Fel Orcs, with our without spikes fangs or w/e
    According to wowwiki the Dragonmaw is one of the corrupted clans, and since they're joining the horde it's not really weird at all.

Concerning the people who say they look like normal Orcs: I can understand colour blindness, but where the hell did you level after 60?

Besides what other people already said about the different stages of Fel Orcness, the regular Fel Orc model doesn't support helms. Yeah, go figure. Every Fel Orc you see with any kind of helm is actually just a regular Orc model (no spikes, no tusks, no anything) with a red skin, just like the NPCs in the OP.

http://cata.wowhead.com/npc=19411
    http://cata.wowhead.com/npc=16925
    http://cata.wowhead.com/npc=19410

Some examples.

Another interesting thing is the massive Orc leading the Horde airship in Gilneas. He looks like Gurtogg Bloodboil but green. That can't be natural.
    Last edited by Magnett; 2010-07-31 at 09:41 PM.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Who said Fel Orcs can't try to redeem themselves? Had the Mag'har acted this way they would have never joined the Horde.
    He's climbin' in your Deepholme
    Burnin' yo people up
    Tryin to kill em' so you need to hide yo kids hide yo wife
    Cause he burnin' erbody out there

Deleted
    Fel orcs were formerly led by Kargath Bladefist, Magtheridon and/or Illidan. Now all those guys are dead lorewise.

So, it would make sense for a part of the fel orcs that still remained sane to join the horde. These red ones are probably not too different from the green orcs: the spiky ones are probably beyond saving.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Garrosh has enough honor and sense to make sure such dishonorable and untrustworthy things as Fel Orcs don't join the Horde.

The Dragonmaw are something else in a sense.

There were actually at least some Fel Orcs forced into becoming one of those. There's imprisoned Mag'har in some parts of the Blood Furnace, and I assume they aren't there for a nice guided tour. Chances are that it's been long enough that they're starting to revert back to normal Orcs (As in they're merely easily angered, as opposed to constantly angered), but they still have the skin color.

Or it's just a texture bug. One of the two.

btw this is what the Orcs at Dragonmaw port say:

Ornak(Tauren), Orgrimmar:
    Negotiations aren’t going well, Syrcorax. The Dragonmaw are not yet free orcs.
    Somehow, we MUST get them to join the Horde!
    Let me know if you need transport back to the fleet.

Dragonmaw Fel Enforcer(Fel Orc):
    Warchief Mor’ghor runs the show here. Don’t forget it!
    The fury! The power! I have never felt so strong in all my life.
    Soon. ALL the Dragonmaw will feel as I do.

Go ahead, tauren. Give me an excuse.

Gorthul, Dragonmaw Flight Master(Grey Orc):
    I can’t help you, druid. Warchief Mor’ghor would have me executed
    if I allowed the Horde to use one of our wind riders.
    Some day he’ll get what’s coming to him…

Dragonmaw Blacksmith(Grey Orc):
    I have nothing I’m allowed to sell to you.

My goods aren’t for sale to the Horde. Don’t like it? Take it up with the Warchief!
    Warchief Mor’ghor ordered us not to do buisness with the Horde.
    <The merchant spits on the ground, infuriated, but refuses to speak
    any more on the subject.>
    Go away, I don’t want the Warchief to find out I’ve been talking to
    the Horde.

Gregor, Dragonmaw Medicine Man(Grey Orc):
    We Dragonmaw have seen so much suffreing…
    our defeat at Grim Batol… the loss of so many great warriors
    in Outland… and now incursions from Twilight’s Hammer.
    I sometimes wonder if we will ever be great again. But
    younglings like Zaela, they give this old heap of bones some hope.

I smell an epic quest chain where you have to kill this Warchief Mor’ghor and all the other fel orcs. To free the grey/black ones

Went to look myself just to see if maybe it was just color of the zone/poor quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwaus View Post

I smell an epic quest chain where you have to kill this Warchief Mor’ghor and all the other fel orcs. To free the grey/black ones
    Bwah I liked Mor'Ghor he was nice to me when I did my dailies.

Except for that one time where he tried to kil- wait a minute, Mor'Ghors a warchief now? Good for him.
    Last edited by Rainbow Thunder; 2010-07-31 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwaus View Post
    I think I get it. The Dragonmaw in Azeroth (which apparently are grey now, strange as that used to be Blackrock only) are under tyranny from the Fel Dragonmaw from Outland (who probably fled when Illidan was killed), hence the Enforcers. In case someone doesn't remember him, Mor'ghor was the leader of the Dragonmaw back in Netherwing Ledge. It's a bit odd though, because the last quest implied Illidan would kill him.

Anyway, apparently the Fel Dragonmaw want to turn all Dragonmaw into Fel Orcs? (where'd they get the blood?) So the Tauren, with their usual carebearism, want to "free" them and find a place for them in the Horde. That's what I could gather.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Deleted
    Garrosh is really embracing the bad history of the Horde, now is he? First Alexstrasza's prison guards, and now the most vile orcs around, those who continued the genocide on the Draenei long after the end of the Second War.

Garrosh might be changing, but he is still racing at top speed down the dark path Saurfang threatened him with.

edit: Bah, that's what I get for not reading all the posts. Nice find still, and looks like a very nice questline for the horde and the orcs in particular. Sheds some light on post-Illidan Outland.
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2010-07-31 at 10:58 PM.

This is very interesting and strange at the same time.

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

So Blizzard is actually messing around with Outland quests?

Why are they still red if we killed the source of their corruption? When Grom killed Mannoroth the red skins turned green. So, wouldn't the same be for these clans as well?

INCOMING retcon ><

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Why are they still red if we killed the source of their corruption? When Grom killed Mannoroth the red skins turned green. So, wouldn't the same be for these clans as well?

INCOMING retcon ><
    This is a prime example of someone taking the lore too seriously with too much detail.

First the valkyrs ,then fel orcs?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, there's one thing I don't get, in the Dark Portal pics, where the hell are the Alliance guards? Cause if Horde controlled it they would've obliterated the Human commander there.

15+ Year Old Account
    They all went to Swamps of Sorrow.