Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    On saurfang you are only 400 DPS behind that paladin and he is at the bottom of the meter... Honestly don't see any problems tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

Hrm... would u mind posting logs.. or telling me your guild/server

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pulled Saurfang logs up and compared them between your group 1 and group 2, here are a few things I found. I can't say I'm impressed with your main group's paladin at the bottom of the pack on Saurfang, a fight where we can make the most of a well-timed divine storm to pad the DPS meters.

Group 1 DPS: 266007.0 (2:54)
    Group 2 DPS: 225734.3 (3:26)

Your guild's main group had much higher raid DPS shortening the length of the fight by almost 30 seconds. In a 3 minute fight that's a significant length. They also Bloodlusted at the beginning of the fight where your group 'lusted at the end. Unless your healers are weak enough that they cannot possibly heal through the last 30% of the fight without Bloodlust it's more beneficial (from a damage dealing standpoint) to 'lust on the pull as DPS cooldowns, ICD trinkets and the like are up for everyone.

I also noticed you line up Avenging Wrath and Hyperspeed perfectly, I'm assuming it's a macro. That's good. On the other hand, you should be stacking AW with Bloodlust and your Potion of Speed. Stacking cooldowns will net you higher DPS than staggering them.

That being said, he only beat you by ~300 DPS on a fight that was 30 seconds shorter than yours. It's hard to compare the logs because there's such a difference in times between them but I would say that isn't too bad at all.

And last of all; you're an engineer. Use Saronite Bombs and Global Thermal Sapper Charges on cooldown. You didn't use a single one on that fight. Might as well reroll JC if you don't want to make the most out of your Engy in favor of a set it and forget it Prof.

First off... that was a very useful analysis... thanks.
    My group is where we try out trial members and we have a horrible turnover rate so progression is harder for us... that being said we tried to lust off top a few attempts and changed it but im not so sure we had to... we ended up just having our better boomkin go resto and that gave us what we needed... Ill take your advice and try and line up my AW/haste gloves with lust... and I never thought of even using those saronite bombs and sapper charges... does that make a substantial difference?

*Another thing.... I wish I could "pad the meters* by DS'ing when the beasts come... unfortunatly our ranged couldnt handle it and I would just pull aggro and die and he would gain more blood power
    Last edited by azraelius; 2010-08-01 at 04:21 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    For items that are off the global cooldown it never hurts to use them. Here are the numbers from my Saurfang parse last Tuesday night, I did over 20k "free" damage with bombs over the course of 2:41.

Global Thermal Sapper Charge 13747
    Saronite Bomb 7228

The question isn't whether or not it makes a substantial difference. It isn't going to give you 1000 dps but when you can use them, you should use them.

Heh, I just analyzed my own logs and noticed I could've held off on AW/speed a bit longer to catch my last Paragon proc, what a hypocrite I am!

hrmmm i dont have anything in the middle of my screen that shows me when my trinket procs... maybe i should cuz i never look in my buffs list to see...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're familiar with CLCRet it isn't much trouble to monitor internal cooldowns with the addon. There are other addons you can set up to monitor ICDs as well, NeedtoKnow and Procodile to name a couple. I prefer the simplicity of CLCRet combined with OmniCC to show a countdown in an easy to see spot on my screen, right below my character. My setup looks like this:

Monitoring engineering cooldowns and ICDs in one spot is a very simple thing you can do to better your DPS.

interesting thank you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    For items that are off the global cooldown it never hurts to use them. Here are the numbers from my Saurfang parse last Tuesday night, I did over 20k "free" damage with bombs over the course of 2:41.

Global Thermal Sapper Charge 13747
    Saronite Bomb 7228

The question isn't whether or not it makes a substantial difference. It isn't going to give you 1000 dps but when you can use them, you should use them.

Heh, I just analyzed my own logs and noticed I could've held off on AW/speed a bit longer to catch my last Paragon proc, what a hypocrite I am!
    130 DPS is better than no DPS at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly lag

Get a bigger axe
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

Lag, eCD optimization, proper use of ICD's, proper use of AW, proper use of positioning are the biggest factors to increasing DPS assuming you have Clcret and can follow it.