Poll: What design of Paladin armor do you prefer?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Jerry View Post
    The skirt would only be acceptable if they made it look like plate. It just looks like a skirt, which is dumb.
    Thats a limitation with the game engine if anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like a 'skirt'; it makes the class differentiate(?) from other plate wearers within the game. Regardless of it having historical merit or not; after all it is a fantasy game based on a fantasy world - historical merit isn't one of the highest points on the priority list; if at all.

I am for skirts/robes but only if it fits with the tier.

T1, T3, T4, T5, T6 ,T7 ,T9 all would look hideous with a skirt
    T2, T8 and T10 are in my oppinion the best looking paladin sets so bring on more skirted tiers!
    With that said I think T10 with pants would also look great, but I am glad they went with skirts.

ps. T1,T3sucked big time, T4 is underrated, T5 was just ugly, T6 is overrated and T9 isnt worth the name of tier...more like a dungeon set with the whole "classes will look the same"-idea going with it....yugh!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.articulateddiscussion.com...lfPaladin1.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ElfPaladin.jpg

1) I hate blood elves in Judgement Armor

2) This is how it should be done, loose and split, multiple pieces, possibly showing chain mail and other pieces under.

3) Blood Elves in Judgement Armor make me nerd rage.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

what a retards my fellow paladins are, how can you vote for skirt?
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    How can you not vote for a skirt?

And... yeah with the exception of t6 all of the non-skirt sets looked awful (and I don't like the t6 look that much either.... because it lacks a skirt !)
    Last edited by Nillo; 2010-08-03 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    Well, you jut click on the "armor with skirts/robes" button on the top. Its not that hard.
    Anyone who is stupid enough to not know how to vote for skirt is more likely a retard id say.

Tier2 is THE best looking set to date, of all classes! That says enough I think.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    For all those skirt bashers out there, take a moment to consider the practical mechanics of armor below the waist. Metal pants are terrible for anything but cavalry to wea. They are horridly uncomfortable and limit mobility. The usual solution for this is to leave the crotch area unarmored, but then its just that, unarmored. Militaries with better funding and ingenuity would usually give infantry a knee length chain mail skirt, which provided protection and mobility.
    In addtion, the broad surface of the skirt is much better for deflecting blows as it pushes them outward, whereas the shape of the human legs funnels a sword directly into your crotch. Unpleasant, yes? The floor lenght robes may be a bit much, but I'm honestly confused why its only paladins. any plate/mail wearer really should always be wearing a chain skirt.

Summary of the above post - if you want to remain real man, wear a skirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    http://www.articulateddiscussion.com...lfPaladin1.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ElfPaladin.jpg

1) I hate blood elves in Judgement Armor

2) This is how it should be done, loose and split, multiple pieces, possibly showing chain mail and other pieces under.

3) Blood Elves in Judgement Armor make me nerd rage.
    judgement looks best on blood elves imo, except for the hood that doesn't look anyhting like a hood.

humans should wear t10 or t6.

---------- Post added 2010-08-03 at 06:34 PM ----------

quick note, if it were spec dependant i would rage, in that case blizzard has to make it an interface option.

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

I prefer skirt but I wouldn't want to force every ret pally to wear a skirt, that's why I chose "I dont mind"

I don't mind kilts. Plus, concerning tier sets, there have been only 3 out of 10 kilts. So it's quite alright imo

It depends on the set. Heroic Sanctified T10 and T2 looked good with it.
    Just be happy they didn't give T5 a skirt.

Deleted
    I don't like skirts very much. But not because of the looks, but because it looks as if my feet are detatched while running. (Human female pov) Check it out next time if you havn't noticed. What has been seen cannot be unseen...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skypunk_lx View Post
    Nice advice you gave, I suggest you take your own advice, and read something about an ancient military order call The Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon, and search pictures of their Grand Masters, I will even be naming two of them below. And if you going to rebuke to later Plate armour also search these two words: Tassets and Faulds.
    Hehe. You don't need to lecture me about armor, medieval military history, history of the term "paladin" or any other stuff that you obviously read from Wiki 5 mins ago just so that you could get seemingly smart arguments to defend gay skirts you seem to like so much.

Too bad that your fast history course didn't tell that in the time of the Templars they used chain mail, not plate. Plate like the one I linked didn't appear until the entire order had died away. Long mail shirts with heraldic cloths over them might look like skirts, however they were split from the middle to allow riding and free movement on foot. No one in his right mind would go into battle wearing an ankle-long skirt that would get stuck with obstacles like different terrain or bodies.

The plate armor in WoW is obviously ment to resemble the classic knightly armor, meaning how it started to look during 15th century. Not mail skirts, not transitional half-mail and half-plate things. Just pure "white" plate. They should stick with that principle.