Deleted

Question [Disc] Is gemming for pure SP getting useless with the 30% ICC buff?

See.. I was wondering..
    I'm in a strict 10m guild and we've reached the LK heroic 10m a week ago. But since I'm gonna be using PoH alot more then I ever did.
    So I was thinking, since the healing and absorbed amount is getting buffed by 30% (which is what Spellpower does)
    I was wondering if it would be better to (eventually) go for the socket bonus and gem sp/haste or even sp/int
    Our healing team is me as disc together with a holy paladin, we wont have a druid in the group so I wont have an Innervate.
    Also (this is Offtopic) I will probably be going from Glyph of Flash, shield and penance to Glyph of PoH, shield and penance.

Here's my Armoy link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...light&cn=Pyrah
    and my wow heroes link: http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...ght&name=pyrah

Thanks in advance
    Pyrah
    Last edited by mmoc8e6796b678; 2010-08-02 at 11:29 AM. Reason: added armory and wow heroes link

10+ Year Old Account
    Iirc you should be shielding everyone but the tanks for Infest, which only leaves you two targets to support heal. You already have a good amount of Haste for Disc. Multiple and frequent Rapture procs pretty much assure you'll never oom anyhow. Sure you'll use PoH for the transition phases, but will you really any other time? Also you don't have 4pc yet, and that's approx. worth more than all your SP gems.

Basically I would suggest not changing your gemming, but adjusting your PW:S rank so that it just barely breaks regularly for Infest. That way you'll effectively negate the need to heal those 8 people for most of the encounter while not loosing any throughput on your tanks and getting multiple Rapture procs. Also you're really want that SP for H Halion (if you decide to stay Disc for that).
    Last edited by Frmercury; 2010-08-01 at 07:11 PM. Reason: I can't read good, lol

I don't see why adding to your shield amount is "useless". But what Frmercury said is right, you want your PW:S to absorb almost the amount of Infest, so that the shields break and you can have infinite mana phase 1 + 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Pyra, what is your current haste?

Try PoH glyph, I find it very helpful and not sure but seems to proc my trinket more.

If you are going to downrank your PW:S, use something like Grid to do it, and then have a different key combo to your full shields so they are available for the outer edge phases and the final phase when Infest doesn't get cast.

Deleted
    Here's my Armoy link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...light&cn=Pyrah
    and my wow heroes link: http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...ght&name=pyrah
    (also added to my op)

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Iirc you should be shielding everyone but the tanks for Infest, which only leaves you two targets to support heal. You already have a good amount of Haste for Disc. Multiple and frequent Rapture procs pretty much assure you'll never oom anyhow. Sure you'll use PoH for the transition phases, but will you really any other time? Also you don't have 4pc yet, and that's approx. worth more than all your SP gems.
    I am doing that ;-) and off topic, I 2 healed LK normal with one tank together with a holy paladin with the 15% buff
    I know I dont have it yet, but I only need the gloves and then I will equip that, together with the headpiece I allready got.
    As for when using PoH -> I'm indeed gonna use it in transition phases, but also in frostmourne when ever I get the time to do it (together with BT ofc) and perhaps for P3 when theres so much going on at the same time which would (perhaps) result in me not completing to shield the whole raid except the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    you're really want that SP for H Halion (if you decide to stay Disc for that).
    I must agree on this one. But Halion aint that important for us, his loot on 10 man is completely uther shite and secondly, he doesnt count as a progression kill on Guildox.com, and the LK is. So we aint focusing on him atm. We will when we got LK hc down.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    What Frmercury said is right, you want your PW:S to absorb almost the amount of Infest, so that the shields break and you can have infinite mana phase 1 + 2.
    I'm guessing you mean, that Infest would cause just a little more dmg then my shields absorb?
    And see.. i'm not realy sure about downranking shields. I never liked the fact of doing so. Ok they can be handy for infest and rapture procs to give you infinite mana, But I've done it before and I'm just fine on mana, so is the holy paladin. I will need to use my highest rank shields for: Possibly a Soulreaper, frostmourn room, transition phases and probably phase 3, because there is SO much going on.
    I dont want my lower ranked shields to break to early either and this can happen from different things going throughout the whole fight, ppl getting picked up or attacked by valkyrs, ppl not moving fast enough out of Shadow trap or Defile. And that would fuck up my Rapture anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I don't see why adding to your shield amount is "useless".
    I agree but the 30% buff is gonna do much more then my spellpower is worth. And if i could trade in SP for haste or even intelect to just lose a small ammount of spellpower, then why should I. The buff is increasing my absorbtion amount and healing done, basicly what spellpower normally does. The buff does not scale with haste, regen or my mana pool

Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    Pyra, what is your current haste? Try PoH glyph, I find it very helpful and not sure but seems to proc my trinket more.
    My current haste is 703 (all from the gear. What trinket are you using? dont forget I'm in a strict 10 man guild, ICC25+hc, halion 25+hc and ToGc25 is off limits for me.

Ofcourse all the discussion about whetter to or not to use downranked shields wasnt my question

10+ Year Old Account
    Your haste seems to be at a nice level, due to the helm and chest you are using. After looking at you gear and gems you may not want to change anything. When you switch your glyph to PoH you will find it will give you more wiggle room as the extra heal it procs will feed you DA on those targets, this should happen quite a bit with the crit you have. Also since PoH does proc DA you can save some mana on Pw:S as one PoH is much cheaper than 5 Pw:S. I changed glyphs about a month ago and love it!

The only gem you may want to change would be the sp/int in your chest to sp/haste, but really don't think it will change any of your numbers. (I am running with 6 sp/haste gems but only have 616 haste, but my sp is 444 more than what you have....want more haste)

Note on trinket, I missed the fact that you are strictly 10 man, our group focus is 10 man heroic as well, but we do raid 25 man now and then, but nothing serious, I have Althor's Abacus, but still switch to Solace on LK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    Your haste seems to be at a nice level, due to the helm and chest you are using. After looking at you gear and gems you may not want to change anything. When you switch your glyph to PoH you will find it will give you more wiggle room as the extra heal it procs will feed you DA on those targets, this should happen quite a bit with the crit you have. Also since PoH does proc DA you can save some mana on Pw:S as one PoH is much cheaper than 5 Pw:S. I changed glyphs about a month ago and love it!

The only gem you may want to change would be the sp/int in your chest to sp/haste, but really don't think it will change any of your numbers. (I am running with 6 sp/haste gems but only have 616 haste, but my sp is 444 more than what you have....want more haste)

Note on trinket, I missed the fact that you are strictly 10 man, our group focus is 10 man heroic as well, but we do raid 25 man now and then, but nothing serious, I have Althor's Abacus, but still switch to Solace on LK.
    I'm in love with althor's and the one from halion25 but yeah.. off limits

So you mean you are using glyph of PoH not only just for LK hc?
    I'm gonna change the head to the t10 once i get hold on the gloves tho. I am a bit worried about my spirit tho, I know it almost has no value for disc but having some wont hurt i'm guessing. Dunno if I should specc for PoH..

10+ Year Old Account
    Saving mana on FH at this point does nothing for us, yes I always use glyph of PoH, with so many of the fights having raid wide damage it truly is a plus, using a few PoH here and there also means weakened soul won't be on a low health target when the really need a shield.

As for when using PoH -> I'm indeed gonna use it in transition phases, but also in frostmourne when ever I get the time to do it (together with BT ofc) and perhaps for P3 when theres so much going on at the same time which would (perhaps) result in me not completing to shield the whole raid except the tanks.
    My personal experience has been that you shouldn't worry about PoHing Frostmourne. It's awkward, and you've got to keep moving. What I do is shield everyone, bounce PoM, and use Holy Nova. You really want to stick with instants as much as possible, because you don't want to take a chance on getting hit. As for P3, I still shield spam everyone because if Vile Spirits explode on someone, a shield can mean survival versus one-shot death. I really just PoH transition phases, and if I'm done shielding all of my infest targets early before infest hits in P1 and P2, I precast a PoH.

To answer your question though, yes, I'd still gem pure spellpower to increase shield sizes (including Divine Aegis) and throughput. If you're not having mana or haste issues, why fix what's not broken?
    Last edited by Auraye; 2010-08-02 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I actually solo healed Frostmourne room as Shadow for our kill. Well the Disc put out PoM, but that was it. Just PoM, Renew, Holy Nova. It's really easy as long as you guys don't get hit.

Why would you, as a shadow priest, be solo-healing Frostmourne while the healers do nothing? That just makes no sense to me. Shouldn't you have been DPSing the wicked spirits?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auraye View Post
    Why would you, as a shadow priest, be solo-healing Frostmourne while the healers do nothing? That just makes no sense to me. Shouldn't you have been DPSing the wicked spirits?
    I didn't even have time to target them (full ranged group) lol. The healers were regening mana.