10+ Year Old Account

Snowfall Graveyard

This is from a Horde point of view:

Is capping Snowfall Graveyard truly ALWAYS a bad move for the Horde?

Now at 80 it seems AV truly is a race...w the gear on most tanks and heals Van doesn't stand a chance even if he has some of his lieutenants still up to aid him. At 80 i recognize that SFGY can slow the whole bg down quite a bit. Pre-80 it seems most times you really do want defend your towers and bases...defend bal...while making progress north and capping enemy bases. You cant just always race to van and expect to win. So if your team is taking the time and effort to defend bal etc...why should we just let them have SFGY and spawn behind the major offensive force? I've been in plenty really fun AV (especially pre 80) where we D bal...someone caps sfgy (and of course gets shit for it over chat) and then we proceed to completely dominate the BG and get perfection. I could be wrong...but it seems that all the people who jump all over chat with "OMG what noob capped sf? l2play!" really don't want to fight...they want to race. The idea of forcing your enemy back as you fight forward seems much closer to what a battle is than hey lets just let them by to sack our towers while we do likewise.
    Anyway I did not mean this to be a rant...was just looking for the mmochamp pvp community's ideas on the matter.
    "Brevity is...wit"

If your horde you want to take dun baldar graveyard as quick as possible and stonehearth, let the alliance get iceblood and snowfall, they basically get stuck at field of strife, they cant get to stonehearth and they cant get past tower point.

I havent done Av in ages so my tacs might be rubbish now.

And they can attack from the starting zone, but they cant get anywhere if you defend the graveyards.

It is only not a bad idea when you have the two graveyards above it. Otherwise they'll res and either screw things up for you or try run away, get killed and repeat.
    Metzen wrote both Thrall AND Garrosh... how do you feel now fanbois?

Just dont cap it.

av gives you bacon no matter how you play the game. capping snowfall slows down the game so players have to press the button longer to get the bacon. getting bacon is better than playing well. if you lose, you still get bacon, just a smaller amount. either way, they get bacon so why change tactics?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    av gives you bacon no matter how you play the game. capping snowfall slows down the game so players have to press the button longer to get the bacon. getting bacon is better than playing well. if you lose, you still get bacon, just a smaller amount. either way, they get bacon so why change tactics?
    pretty unclear on what you mean...but are you saying you get bonus xp/honor for a loss and a win so why not do either as long as its quick? Sounds dumb to me...when i play i play to win.
    "Brevity is...wit"