Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Let's say you are en Enhancement Shaman. You have 179 Str/Agi, 20% Atk Spd, 10% AP, Wisdom and Bloodlust

Let's say you are a Frost Death Knight. You have 155 Str/Agi, 20% Atk Spd and... yeah, that's it.

I can go on with every class/spec in the game and Shamans will win the buff-race against all of them, except for maybe Paladins. Also, "bring the player not the class" tells you anything? My guess is taht you are either a troll or you really suck so much at playing your class, that your buffs are the single only reason you are invited to raids. Either the reason, I feel sorry for you.

This thread amuses me.

Deleted
    Quit whining, this is the 4th or 5th thread moaning about this in a few days now and the title is just trolling. It's really making shamans look like crybabies, booohooo my buff isn't unique, no one's gonna take me to raids now... what, seriously?!

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know its not possible for a DK to have all of those buffs at one time?

*lichborne is no where near better than Tremor totem - its self only and makes your vulnerable to undead based CC like turn evil and Shackle undead.

*Blood presence heals for barely anything, hardly comparable to healing stream totem.

*Desecration is very good i give you that , but it is deep unholy and useless outside of pvp as you have to get in close to use plague / scourge strike to proc it.Kind of apples vs oranges here as i think earthbind to be good in its own way. Its a root for elemental and it removes snares and slows for enhance.

*Pally resistances are only better than shaman ones when the other benifical pallies buffs are being provided. otherwise shamans can have more than one up at once,
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    HEY GUYS
    CATACLYSM IS GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.. BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.

"Bring the player, not the class"

just throwing that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowIceAvian View Post
    Just look at the blue posts, for heaven's sake!

-Strength of Earth Totem
    Death Knights get a better aura version.

-Windfury Totem

-Wrath of Air Totem
    I'll give them this.

-Flametongue Totem
    13% magic damage is better then 144 spellpower in every tier past Naxxramas.

-Tremor Tote
    Death Knights get a better version that lets them heal themselves for more and that doesn't eat one out of four buff slots.

-Healing Stream Totem
    Judgement of Light is better then it, for God's sake. A Blood Death Knight or even one in Blood Presence pretty much doubles HST's output by autoattacking.

-resistance Totems
    When have these ever been useful or better then the paladin aura versions?

-Earthbind Totem
    Death Knights get a better version that doesn't have five health and looks badass to boot.

-Bloodlust/Heroism
    I am sick to fucking death of people whining about Bloodlust. Mages get a BETTER version of it and do much more DPS then shamans of any spec yet the first thing you ever hear out of anyone's damn mouth when talking about the shaman class is "BLOODLUST HURR".

-Unleashed Rage/Elemental Oath
    Other, better, more prevalent classes bring these. Their auras also overwrite the shaman's auras even though they're exactly the same. Why even bother mentioning them?

Next time, Blizzard, try fixing the class that's actually broken instead of telling them they suck because of all the buffs they bring that every other class also brings and then proceeding to give loladins more shit.
    I can agree with you that paladins are op, i can also agree that dk's are quite a bit too versatile.

but shamans dont suck and your just being stupid with some of those totems, for one alot of buffs can be dispelled, u have to attack totems and for some people that one GCD can be impossible.

also you have all your 4 totems up at once, and can do some pretty interesting things with some of them.

dks can only have one presence up.

I know for a fact the most skill requiring classes the top three are.

1. shaman 2. warlock 3. mage to play them all to their maximum performance, so im not saying l2p but you have the hardest class to master so maybe you have to learn a bit more about it and work on it alot.

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I wanted the Burning Legion Faction

I went on answered the questions didnt think id get it by what i was picking, i got the burning legion faction.

Shamans DPS is low in raids indeed but on Resto they do damn fine.

Moonkin Aura will negate the need for Wrath of Air to be dropped in Cataclysm.

I don't even know what the hell,

-Tremor Tote
    Death Knights get a better version that lets them heal themselves for more and that doesn't eat one out of four buff slots.
    ???
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

Deleted

-Strength of Earth Totem

-Windfury Totem

-Wrath of Air Totem
    I'll give them this.

-Flametongue Totem
    13% magic damage is better then 144 spellpower in every tier past Naxxramas.

-Tremor Tote

-Healing Stream Totem
    Judgement of Light is better then it, for God's sake. A Blood Death Knight or even one in Blood Presence pretty much doubles HST's output by autoattacking.

-resistance Totems
    When have these ever been useful or better then the paladin aura versions?

-Earthbind Totem
    Death Knights get a better version that doesn't have five health and looks badass to boot.

-Bloodlust/Heroism
    I am sick to fucking death of people whining about Bloodlust. Mages get a BETTER version of it and do much more DPS then shamans of any spec yet the first thing you ever hear out of anyone's damn mouth when talking about the shaman class is "BLOODLUST HURR".

-Unleashed Rage/Elemental Oath
    Other, better, more prevalent classes bring these. Their auras also overwrite the shaman's auras even though they're exactly the same. Why even bother mentioning them?

Next time, Blizzard, try fixing the class that's actually broken instead of telling them they suck because of all the buffs they bring that every other class also brings and then proceeding to give loladins more shit.
    Sorry but I don't want to return to the days of One-shot-Frost-Shock or the days of Arcanite-Windfury-Reaper annihlation. Your QQ has been noted and a response will be sent to you via Death Coil to the face! Seriously though Shaman are fine and the most balanced they've been in a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    Do you find it fun to be a shaman healer? I am just curious because I am having a bear of a time leveling ta shaman in enhancement, because of boredom. Is it worth it, since I plan on being resto?
    Enhancement can be a snore at lower levels...wait till you get DW and your all totem drop...forgot it's name >o<<Doh!) but the thing with Resto is that it's much more an end game kinda thing that can be hard to get into when you don't have chain heal

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Buffs-Debuffs

QQ more.

and how do you freaking know mage is going to do more dmg then a enh shaman?
    are you a engineer and got goblin future googles?

15+ Year Old Account
    Alone on the mountainside, breathing the clearest winds...
    Quote Originally Posted by Israfel View Post
    I don't even know what the hell,

???
    I think he's talking about lichborne. Sure, it breaks fear. It also lets you death Coil yourself for healing. Assuming you have the RP to hit a DC. It also has a 2 minute CD and makes you vulnerable to Turn Evil, and Shackle Undead. It also only affects you, not anybody that happens to be nearby. Apples and Oranges, really.

Okay I'm going to stop this little B***h right here, I play a hunter, a class that right now is on the top side of the damage meters for the higher up guilds. Now When you say that people won't bring you just because your buff isn't unique?? Hunters have one unique buff(debuff) that doesn't do what any other class can do, and it's going to stay that way, you know what that buff is HUNTERS MARK, which only helps other hunters,So don't come whining about how blizzard has never played any class beyond level 20, when its obvious that you are a piss poor example of your class, and if you think its the F****** class that's wrong, why not re-roll, go get a head start on those DK's you seem to be soppy over, apparently leveling a pally is cake, so why not roll one of them instead of just crying on the mmo-champ forums hoping that some GM will wander here, and not think this is an obvious QQ/Troll thread, read your BS and this say to all this buddies, 'you know I think we should be more pro-shaman' even though right now they're mandatory in any raid, where MY class isn't so you can just back the F*** off, learn to play your class, and if you suck, try a different one, and if you just like playing a shaman, go read lord of the clans or go to a freaking RP server. Because just because you B**** about something doesn't mean that blizzard is going to give you a kill button. I hope you have a nice day sir, also I hope that someone will be able to get that really big splinter out of your A**.

Strength of Earth Totem - Enhancement Shamans who take Enhancing totems will provide a better buff then Horn of winter.

Flametongue Totem - Spellpower can be used to buff healers unlike spell damage.

Tremor Totem- Oh yeah, the healers are going to stack on the death knight tanking Onyxia just to avoid the fear. Can you say cleave? I knew you could.

Healing Stream Totem - I wasn't aware that DKs still had presences that affected the entire raid. If the totems stacks with judgements why ignore the extra healing?

resistance Totems - Why should I be forced to find a paladin for my ten man raid and I have been in 25 man raids with no paladins. Maybe its better for the paladin to keep up devotion to improve healing so the shaman will keep frost or fire resist totems down.

Earthbind totem - Maybe the constant slow that doesn't pull agro on the blood beast is a bit better then the DK slowing a single beast. BTW, the shaman can drop the totem and never ease up on dps. Your also assuming that the adds are spawning in the melee group.

Bloodlust/ Heroism - Same buff in every way but lets see your freaking mage spot heal when the healer gets killed by a mob that decides to join the party or gets loose from a stunned/ feared tank.

Unleashed Rage/Elemental Oath - How is any of that different from any other classes that have over lapping buffs?

A lot of your arguments are based on 25 man raids and ignore both 10 man raids and 5 man dungeons. They also assume that you will have a magical perfect party and that party has yet to magically appear. If you want that raid comp then you have to actually recruit for it.
    Last edited by Epiclurker; 2010-08-02 at 08:23 AM.

i work on blizzard and i have a lvl 58 shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post
    Let's say you are en Enhancement Shaman. You have 179 Str/Agi, 20% Atk Spd, 10% AP, Wisdom and Bloodlust

Let's say you are a Frost Death Knight. You have 155 Str/Agi, 20% Atk Spd and... yeah, that's it.

I can go on with every class/spec in the game and Shamans will win the buff-race against all of them, except for maybe Paladins. Also, "bring the player not the class" tells you anything? My guess is taht you are either a troll or you really suck so much at playing your class, that your buffs are the single only reason you are invited to raids. Either the reason, I feel sorry for you.
    ^^This.

To OP: I'm sorry but comparing DK buffs to shaman buffs is like comparing a baby's ability to eat solid food to an adult! It's simply ridiculous! This is not even counting the fact that almost none of the DK buffs can apply to a party (that includes presences). In fact comparing shaman buffs to any other class other than paladin is pointless since shamans would win hands down every time.

Think someone needs to chill out more. As Blizzard have said, they would rather get rid of the entire buffing system (where would people like you who play shamans for buffing feel about that!) than have gross imbalances in buffing abilities of any one class. However, that is NOT to say that every class brings the same number or powerful buff types. Hunters and priests bring almost no buffs compared to paladins and shamans, for example. You don't hear them QQ'ing about it!

Next you will see druids no longer being the only battle res and mana innervaters. I think many druids will actually welcome that change. Being asked to do either thing in a raid, especially as a tank, is annoying to say the least to most druids (I should know I've played druid main since BC). They will broadly welcome the change and not be QQ'ing about "losing buffs"!

Buffs are for group play not to make you feel imba and shamans remain still at minimum compared to other classes the second best buffing class (paladin bringing the most) to any party. Arguably, if you include the dynamic (super)buff Bloodlust/Heroism, shamans are the best buffing class and always having been. But honestly counting or comparing your buffs to other classes is pointless since everyone knows Blizzard will continue to homogenize them.

Live with it, everyone else does - its just buffs after all!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-08-02 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arathull View Post
    clearly someone whom has never A, never played a shaman, or B doesnt do hard modes
    A) Funny, because Mudang just happens to mean "Shaman". Ironic isn't it?
    B) I have. I still stand by my statement. Shamans are are fine, L2P.
    Casual Vs. Hardcore?
    It's a false dichotomy, premised on a noobish attempt at a dialectic argument, whereby people can vent their various prejudices by creating what's known as a "straw man" against which to contrast their theoretically superior moral character.

First off, it seems like DKs are the only ones you're mentioning. So you're not losing out on much. Welcome to every other class that shares a buff with atleast one other. And mentioning the dps difference of two classes in an expansion that hasn't been released yet...really?

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.