Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New character models?

I'm pretty sure there is already a thread on this one. I'm aware there is, so don't blame me for this thread. I'm just likely bumppin' it up or something, lawl.

Now then, as we know, in Cataclysm, many pre-TBC a.k.a old/vanilla WoW locations are getting updated with major and minor updates. Also, as you may have noticed, the character models of Worgen and Goblin are a lot more better than the models of old characters (human, night elf, etc..).

This made me wonder; will there be new character models for the other characters?

Reply what you think.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angranity View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is already a thread on this one. I'm aware there is, so don't blame me for this thread.
    Isn't that a reason to "blame you for this thread"?

15+ Year Old Account
    I really do hope they'll redo the basic-races' models, but i doubt it'll happen at the release of Cata.

Maybe in a future patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope so, but it will be alot of work for blizzard. Because they have to remake all the faces etc. Maybe not at launch, but i hope in a patch or 2 later

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltah View Post
    I really do hope they'll redo the basic-races' models, but i doubt it'll happen at the release of Cata.

Maybe in a future patch.
    That's what the whole thread is all about, my friend!

My brother said earlier that Blizzard has already considered re-modeling them, but.. we don't really know when. I thought of Cataclysm as a very good time to re-model them, as that's probably the last expansion set? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    That's what the whole thread is all about, my friend!

My brother said earlier that Blizzard has already considered re-modeling them, but.. we don't really know when. I thought of Cataclysm as a very good time to re-model them, as that's probably the last expansion set? :P
    Sorry dude, but you should read up on stuff before you make a new thread about something that there are already threads about.

There wont be any new character models in cataclysm (maybe...maybe in a very late patch) but probably not.

Cataclysm wont be the last expansion either, there is ALOT of lore left to go through and with 11 million subscribers blizzard wont just quit producing content.

Not trying to be an a-hole here, but as I said, you should probably read up some before the next time you want to make a new thread :P

Blizz have said plenty of times that they want to do it, but there is so much other stuff to do at the moment with higher priority. It's possible they'll update them in a content patch in cata, like they did with druid forms.

are a lot more better than
    gahhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk View Post
    Magic makes everything radioactive so if you drink water that hasn't been purified by a vendor, you get a stacking DoT debuff called Cancer.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    There =/= Their =/= They're; Where =/= Were =/= We're

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies.

I'd like to add something off-topic in here; why am I having this feeling all the time? All the time I want to make fan-fiction of World of Warcraft. Draw new races, edit the game to have new classes and photoshop new expansions and... arrrghh! But I can't do it. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.
    If you play a worgen/goblin/be/dranie than go try the older races you can really see the diffrence in pixels/polygon count.

it really is sad and I hope they fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Blizz have said plenty of times that they want to do it, but there is so much other stuff to do at the moment with higher priority. It's possible they'll update them in a content patch in cata, like they did with druid forms.
    This is the fact of the matter.

Personally I think Blizzard has their priorities wrong. I don't know about the rest of you but whenever I show my friends wow the first problem they always point out is "Urgh, what terrible graphics". Now it is an incredibly shallow opinion but in todays world its seen as a huge thing.

Sure the environments are stunning and the new effects are amazing but the one thing you will be looking at for 99% of your playtime looks like shit? They should've been the first thing to come graphics wise, not the last.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    This is the fact of the matter.

Personally I think Blizzard has their priorities wrong. I don't know about the rest of you but whenever I show my friends wow the first problem they always point out is "Urgh, what terrible graphics". Now it is an incredibly shallow opinion but in todays world its seen as a huge thing.

Sure the environments are stunning and the new effects are amazing but the one thing you will be looking at for 99% of your playtime looks like shit? They should've been the first thing to come graphics wise, not the last.
    Do you honestly spend 99% of your time looking at your character though? I mean it obviously exists on my screen, but I can hardly say I am ever focused on it and the parts that can be seen are typically covered in gear with a higher graphic quality than the actual character inside it anyways. Most of the time you are busy watching buttons for their cooldowns to come back or or observing other mobs or players in the area to analyze their positions and actions because you know exactly what your toon is doing. So should the buttons have far more interesting and interactive looks since you are actually looking at them about as much if not more, especially in combat, than you are looking at your actual character?

New models would be great, but they are like the dance studio, they serve an incredibly small purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Do you honestly spend 99% of your time looking at your character though? I mean it obviously exists on my screen, but I can hardly say I am ever focused on it and the parts that can be seen are typically covered in gear with a higher graphic quality than the actual character inside it anyways. Most of the time you are busy watching buttons for their cooldowns to come back or or observing other mobs or players in the area to analyze their positions and actions because you know exactly what your toon is doing. So should the buttons have far more interesting and interactive looks since you are actually looking at them about as much if not more, especially in combat, than you are looking at your actual character?

New models would be great, but they are like the dance studio, they serve an incredibly small purpose.
    True but this exact same arguement could be used to justify not upgrading any of Wows graphics, yet cataclysm is all that. I'm not going to try to say its more important then a functional raid or balanced pvp but its certainly more important then a leveling zone you'll probably spend 5 hours at most in your wow career visiting on that character.

tldr: Would you rather have a nice looking Darkshore or a nice looking Night Elf? I know what my choice would be be.

In an interview lat year on WoW.com they said they wanted to do it a few patches into Cata. And on MMOchamp a few days ago there was a blue post simply stating it was one of their top priorities BUT they said it woulnd't be a quick and easy thing because the Goblin and Worgen models took them a very long time. Remember, if they do make new models they're also gonna fix the old animations too because some of them, like Human running animations, are pretty pathetic looking.

I would love updated character models. The older races need a major change. Another thing I would like to see is models that actually RUN. Characters run so well in Acherus! And I am not talking about how fast they are, just the animation.

Too bad that Blizzard has always had incredibly slow/few (I am not sure which is it) artists. They take a really long time to change and update things. God knows how long they took to present the new Cat and Bear forms for Druids after they stated they were changing them.

It seems to me that they over-complicate some models (weapons could be much simpler and better looking than giant axes full of feathers and strange colours, some tiers just have too many details and glowing effects that are not exactly supported by the community) and forget about visuals that players care about. Armour sets could be clean and beautiful, not full of grotesque details, weapons do not have to be absurdly large (many daggers look like broadswords, really!)...

I wish they did not try to complicate weapons and armour so much and gave more room for improved character models, animations and getting more mobs in-game.

yes I do think they should update them but no i don't think there should be a new thread made for this topic any time this idea pops in some ones head.
    "Oh lord strike me down!"

Deleted
    This Being Said I think the Orc model has scaled remarkably well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'm expecting new models within the first 2 content patches of Cataclysm, It doesn't seem like it takes them nearly as long to create new models as they claim (Its really not that hard with modern tools.)

I hope they fix all the old models cause the new ones look way too good.

Give female trolls more than 1 face option that isn't made to look horribly grotesque. Kthx.