Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The 'hardcore' get the mounts & titles during the expansion.
    The 'casuals' look at think oh thats cool I'd love that mount and/or title.

New expansion rolls around the hardcore demand that all the titles and mounts are removed so that no-one they deem casual can infringe upon them feeling special. And the sequence will repeat itself at the end of every tier and every expansion. I honestly don't give a damn if someone goes back to wrath content and gets a title I have or a mount I have. It's a game and some people will really want a particular mount because its really cool to them and they want to go back and get it when its possible for them to. I think that the yogg0 mount, LK mount should just remain 100% 1 drop per kill if its important to people they'll go get it, if its not they won't. The 'hardcore' guys will be showing off their brand new epeen mounts so fairs fair really. Putting it to a rare drop just screws over anyone not in a high-end raiding guild and guarantees that next to no-one will every visit the old raid content.

Hell I'd be fine with them making my realm first title possible to obtain if people go back to the old content for that stuff.

Blizzard has explicitly stated that they are trying to keep every achievement in game as-is. They aren't going to remove these things from the game.

IDC, when cata drops there will be all new titles and gear to brag about. I used to feel the twang of jealousy when the "unworthy" attained the same level of reward as me but then I realized it's just an endless cycle anyway. If you really wanna whip your e-peen out you could always just flame them for the achievement date I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    I don't see why they need to remove it so hardcores can feel unique. If they want it to feel special and show that they are good (which is not a bad thing, they have a right to have rewards for being good) they won't use Light of Dawn in Cataclysm anyways, as there will be new special and hard to get titles. If people want Light of Dawn simply because they like the title, they wouldn't care how many other people get it. People need to start thinking clearly and understand that what is prestigious now will not be prestigious in Cataclysm.
    Thread pretty much should've stopped here. This is exactly it, and pretty much exactly what Blizzard's attitude about it is.

Am i the only one to think that light of Dawn will STILL be hard lvl 85 ? +100k pv, extra damage and heal wont save you from Shadow traps or Defile. You think healers will be able to heal 25 people when the first Defile will have covered the whole Throne ? Or people not DPSing Valkyr on time, oops ?

Ofc with 25 people knowing the fights it will be goddam easy, but since pugs always carry 10 players who have no idea, i dont really think you will see "Light of Dawn" like you see "Jenkins".

Ofc I may be 100% wrong. But LK has very specific mechanics which can kill you even with 100k HP casters / healers / cac.

Hell, even Sindragosa heroic frost bombs do +200k damage ! You cant farm that either. Unless you take her to 35% HP before the first air phase.

What do you guys think about this ?
    Last edited by Alianthos; 2010-08-02 at 03:25 PM.

Pretty sure I just saw a recent blue post about people complaining about not removing achieves, and their answer was something about it not mattering who has the achievement, it's the nice little date on the achievement that matters.

Why do you care either way? Do you get all impressed when someone walks by with a Vanilla or TBC title now? Why wouldnt you be just as equally unimpressed with the people using WotLK titles?

LK 25 heroic won't be facerolled or pugged in Cataclysm. Mechanics don't allow for it. You fuck up necrotic plague, you wipe. You fuck up Shadow Traps, you wipe. You fuck up valks, you wipe. You fuck up Defile, you wipe. You fuck up inside Shadowmourne, you wipe.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    Am i the only one to think that light of Dawn will STILL be hard lvl 85 ? +100k pv, extra damage and heal wont save you from Shadow traps or Defile. You think healers will be able to heal 25 people when the first Defile will have covered the whole Throne ? Or people not DPSing Valkyr on time, oops ?

Ofc with 25 people knowing the fights it will be goddam easy, but since pugs always carry 10 players who have no idea, i dont really think you will see "Light of Dawn" like you see "Jenkins".

Ofc I may be 100% wrong. But LK has very specific mechanics which can kill you even with 100k HP casters / healers / cac.

Hell, even Sindragosa heroic frost bombs do +200k damage ! You cant farm that either. Unless you take her to 35% HP before the first air phase.

What do you guys think about this ?
    That's what I was going to say. Fights like Yogg+0 and Arthas Heroic is not a fight that can be brute forced. Makes me want to go in during Cataclysm with a pug looking for a last spot KS in trade to unlock HC to get "fast Light of Dawn"

become a rare drop means still only from heroic mode or from normal too?

i hope hc but i expect normal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    BLIZ should let the 10man version be left after a new tier/xpansion and make the 25man version unatainable.
    And ppl who complete the 25man achievement after a new tier get the 10player model.
    This will never happen. Why should 10man guilds be punished and not 25man? I mean why should 25man guilds get 10man stuffs?

Anyway, I would believe it will still be quite an achievement to go back and get The Light of Dawn even at level 85

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN3R View Post
    i hope they remove it i got it ages ago an every time i see another guild succeed it makes me cry inside thinking that it will replace the titel kingslayer and make it lame as for a paladin this is the best title ever and i hope it gets removed so its no longer obtainable after 4.0
    Crusader or Grand Crusader is still a level higher, than Kingslayer. ^^

Heroic 25-LK would even wipe most level 85 players well into Cataclysm. So, I see why they're keeping it game.

Do BT or Sunwell right now, it's a joke. Bosses don't even get to USE their mechanics, because they die in like 20 seconds.

Don't think LK will magically be just as difficult, when he'll die in 2 minutes.

ps. Remove titles just like Hand of A'dal was removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not one of these people who care what other people have or can or can't get but personally I think titles and mounts that are a reward for doing something during a tier should either be removed entirely or made random drops, because anyone can walk through molten core solo in level 85 gear. So they really lose their point of being a reward for doing the content.

---------- Post added 2010-11-10 at 05:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lightworker View Post
    Heroic 25-LK would even wipe most level 85 players well into Cataclysm. So, I see why they're keeping it game.
    I wouldn't be so sure. People said that about Kil'Jaeden and Sunwell, and it wasn't the case. Most people killed them just with the class changes made to level 70's, without the additional levels.

LK won't be different. Yes he's hard now, but the extra dps and hp with new abilities that weren't considered when designing the encounter will make it trivial, he'll go down in half the time he does.
    Last edited by Brittany; 2010-11-10 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    H LK is quite easy already. If 30% wasn't enough patch 4.01 added the equivelent of another 15-20%

The Enrage timer is now a complete non factor. You could lose 5 or so people and still make it.
    The margins of error on valk DPS is extremely high.
    For us there are now 2 less valk sets and 1 less frostmourne room, greatly reducing the opportunities for failure.
    Handling defile is all about having some pretty basic knowledge and acting on it appropriately. The only defile that requires any skill to avoid is the rare one that can come before rather than after the second set of valks.