Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Context has all the relevance... If you are, for example, Muslim and everyone starts saying "zommg i hate all muslims and they are all terrorists" then that is quite offensive and if you get the wrong person that doesn't tolerate it, there ya go! Saying shit like that is stupid and unnecessary.

Personally I don't care what people say because I know either 1) they are trolling, or 2) its their view and opinion and if its intolerant, thats their choice.
    You obviously said something offensive enough to offend that person and receive a ban, so I doubt it was a minor infraction.
    Last edited by lilsaint; 2010-08-02 at 04:59 PM.

Lol, if it wasnt Trade related, gtfo /2. Unless the guy you pissed off hated your price on a Battered Hilt, whatever was said probably shouldn't have been there in the first place.

better question is why do morons have conversations in trade chat instead of just using wispers or making a party to chat with, no one else gives a fuck what you have to say so keep it private

Quote Originally Posted by lorrel View Post
    This. And for everyone else who replies with this. Forget the context. It's irrelevant.
    Actually its completely relevant.

If you were trolling ridiculously, being racist, or just an asshole. Then it was probably dignified. Even if you did apologize.

Sounds like someone got banned for doing something they shouldn't have been doing (saying offensive things in trade, let alone saying anything in trade that isn't trade related). Glad Blizzard is doing their job and removing losers like the OP from the game.

OP: This is a good life lesson for you. Just like WoW, in the real world you will be held accountable for your actions, so be more careful about what you say and in front of whom you say it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    better question is why do morons have conversations in trade chat instead of just using wispers or making a party to chat with, no one else gives a fuck what you have to say so keep it private
    Because if we whisper/group up, no one else can join in on the conversation and offer advice/cake?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with anything that isn't racist. Takes it too far for me.

And for all the trade is trade responses. I've played over 4 years, on at least 8 different servers, and not a day goes by where trade is used solely for trade. From day one of being in trade chat I knew it wasn't solely for trade. It is a giant general chat that links all the cities together. Trade was just given a misleading name.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

2010-08-02 05:04:43 JoeCamel: someone said they liked 12 year olds I replied with "8 or gtfo"

But what they either failed to notice or take into consideration was that I swiftly followed up with:
    "I jk, I jk, that shit is wrong."

I was also talking about something that happened a long time ago. Yes, inappropriate, but hardly ban able based on the rest of the conversation.

As I said, the context still doesn't matter. Take into consideration the massive about of stuff said about women in trade chat each day - I know a lot of women who are offended by it but they don't report every single male player out there.

The point is that you said something stupid. In this particular case you offended someone. Tough luck really, just think about what you say in trade before you say it. Or just dont talk about stupid shit in Trade?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just start up Anal but use Babies instead. We had like 20 people rolling with that and no one got suspensions.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Deserved suspension is deserved.

Here's hoping that mouthing off to someone trying to do their job gets you banned.

GMs have to put up with your childish bullshit all day long. I can't imagine how easy their job would be if people had 2 brain cells and didn't do things like joke about raping 8 year olds in a public channel.

I understand that you have low self-esteem. I understand that you need trade chat to think you're funny or clever.

Understand that GMs need to do their jobs.

Find a new game to play!

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    I'm honestly not opposed to any GM action that gets idiots out of trade and it being used to actually do business in wow.
    I totally agree with this, and I don't think it's very fair that one would have to fill up their ignore list just to be able to see what they just typed in their chat box. I understand that this is a social game, but apparently it's too much to ask for the trolls to take their not-funny jokes out of trade and back to 4chan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzles View Post

Here's hoping that mouthing off to someone trying to do their job gets you banned.
    I hope so too. I've watched this game go downhill for years it's a shame I'm only playing because of my friends. Getting banned for voicing my opinion would be worth it.

Doesn't change the fact this game becomes an even larger care bear circle jerk on a daily basis. Pretty sure WoW will eventually eliminate the need to grid heroics to get badge gear and have vendors that give out each piece of gear as well as class changes, more retarded crack horses, and everyone and their mother will clear raid content the day it's released. =D

And please no "if this game sucks why are you still playing" - I just answered that.

I understand that you have low self-esteem. I understand that you need trade chat to think you're funny or clever.
    Oh shit another moron who thinks he's a first class psychologist.

Now I have that out of the way, you shouldn't of said anything Lorrel. You're the one who made such a ridiculous comment, so you have little right to tell someone to leave if they didn't like your comment. And yes, you suspension was well deserved, I'm afraid; we don't need more idiots on a public channel making crude remarks; that's what Guild Chat is for ^^.

So... you did something that you knew was not socially acceptable behavior (Carrying on non-trade related conversation in the trade channel), then followed it up by bad mouthing a GM because someone complained?

My /facepalm button is now broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you keep /ignoring morons, trade is quite pleasant actually.

Deleted
    I wish people got banned for spamming trade on my server

Deleted
    Deserved suspension is deserved.

GMs have to put up with your childish bullshit all day long. I can't imagine how easy their job would be if people had 2 brain cells and didn't do things like joke about raping 8 year olds in a public channel.

Understand that GMs need to do their jobs.

Find a new game to play!

While I agree with some parts, the whole post is full of bitterness.
    Thumbs down from me.
    You see, it actually makes me sad to see people like you.
    You say GMs need to do their jobs, I agree, but talking in a public channel has nothing to do with the person behind the character.

There are infinite disputes through the internet, and the GMs are not babysitters or teachers to teach the person how to act, they're there for another handfull of matters.
    Such disputes should be only resolved by the Ignore function that is implemented.
    Unless of course we're talking about serious harassment, as such, racism, religion and other matters.

If you say, for example, Metallica sucks, and some people that don't like it report you, seriously WTF?
    Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and some stink, so disputes between different opinions should stay between players.

There are of course though those that are mentally-disfuntional and might report you.
    In this case, everything depends on what you actually said. So little can be said if it was a deserved ban or not.
    Regardless, I wish you good luck and patience.(Refering to the OP)

And don't forget, as the quoted poster said it's a "GAME" so enjoy your time, have fun, use the public channels to speak as you see fit, while remaining in a civil and non-offensive enviroment.

Have you ever had a job? Been to school? Done anything out in the real world? People bitch and moan daily to get what they want, it's the nature of selfish humans. To expect anything different in a virtual world makes no sense at all. Also, keep in mind that anything you say in a public channel other than guild or party chat(any chat that you choose to be in, not including trade because it is counted as an almost mandatory channel), can and will be used against you. If you were banned there is obviously something right behind it, so just learn from it and say whatever stupid shit you were saying in trade in guild chat or something. People get banned for this stuff daily, and I bet 90% of them are the tools that just sit in trade all day long using it for pretty much everything except for trading.
    Last edited by Kooshkrusher; 2010-08-02 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Oh shit another moron who thinks he's a first class psychologist.

Now I have that out of the way, you shouldn't of said anything Lorrel. You're the one who made such a ridiculous comment, so you have little right to tell someone to leave if they didn't like your comment. And yes, you suspension was well deserved, I'm afraid; we don't need more idiots on a public channel making crude remarks; that's what Guild Chat is for ^^.
    I still think a ban is a little over the top when you can simply ignore someone. I certainly don't QQ to Blizzard when someone says something I don't like. I don't report players for using trade for other things than trade. It's simple. You don't like something that's said. Ignore them. Leave the channel. Don't read it. Simple fucking problem. Simple fucking solution. I have a list of people I've ignored for that reason. I'm not a complete dick who has to report everyone every time someone who says something I don't like.

The entire time this was happening a friend of mine who has kids actually laughed right along side me and defended me, along with others, simply telling the person to ignore me, leave chat*, etc. So for me to get banned because a couple of people are offended and cannot just simply ignore me is a fail on their part. Not mine.

Next time someone says something that offends me I know just to get a couple friends to report them just because I can and get them banned. Simple enough. =D
    Last edited by lorrel; 2010-08-02 at 05:58 PM. Reason: spellings