Will other profs be as good as JC in Cata?

I don't mean this as a QQ thread, I'm simply wondering if Blizzard plans on making other professions have the same type of flexibility that Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting enjoy.

Jewelcrafters get prismatic gems with ANY stat of their choice, they aren't stuck with one choice. Blacksmiths get 2 extra sockets which they can also socket with any stat of their choice.

Compare to Engineering, tailoring, alchemy, enchanting, ect. The versatility of these professions is incredibly low. As an alchemist, you get a flask of the north. You get either Attack Power, spell power or strength. An engineer gets a haste enchant to gloves, a rocket enchant, or an armour enchant. Plus rocket boots and either a spell power or agility cloak enchant. (Engineers get some neat stuff, but we could use some more choice on cloak enchant stats). Tailors get Spell power or attack power to cloak. Enchanters get Spell power, stam or ap to rings.

When you have some classes and specs that benefit more from Agility, or Strength, Armour Pen(Even tho its going away), or any other stats that arent quite as mainstream, its dissapointing when your profession is sub par compared to anothers bonuses.

Has Blizz said anything about fixing this issue in Cata?

Versatility of engineering low? Wait what?
    Soon: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, or future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Those other professions make up for it by being more profitable. you'd be surprised how small the profit margin (at least on my server) between raw epic gems and cut ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by taran111 View Post
    Those other professions make up for it by being more profitable. you'd be surprised how small the profit margin (at least on my server) between raw epic gems and cut ones.
    Lol engineering and tailoring dont make money even nearly comparable to JC.

Taking 10 mins to buy a few uncut epics and cut them and relist on the AH for 20g profit a pop is pretty easy.

---------- Post added 2010-08-24 at 07:41 PM ----------

Versatility of engineering low? Wait what?
    I was more so referring to the cloak enchants, which are either spell power or agility.

Engineering has a lot of fun stuff, but its use as a profit profession is near nonexistant. Probably the lowest of any profession. All in all engineering is probably the profession least effected by the versatility issue because of its utility uses, but it does still lack the power that a profession like jc or bs provide.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2010-08-24 at 07:43 PM.

The grass is always greener...

You are asking for more homogenization when others want more diversity

Im sorry but who needs gold? More effectiveness in raids and PvP? Or even friends ?
    WHEN YOU HAVE FREKIN' ROCKET BOOTS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kevindv View Post
    gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive. But what it hides is far more important
    ^^ win

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post

Taking 10 mins to buy a few uncut epics and cut them and relist on the AH for 20g profit a pop is pretty easy.

---------- Post added 2010-08-24 at 07:41 PM ----------

I was more so referring to the cloak enchants, which are either spell power or agility.

Engineering has a lot of fun stuff, but its use as a profit profession is near nonexistant. Probably the lowest of any profession. All in all engineering is probably the profession least effected by the versatility issue because of its utility uses, but it does still lack the power that a profession like jc or bs provide.
    well on my server you do have a 15g profit from cutting gems and people usually tip 15-20g for high level enchants. As far as the two professions compare for usefulness in raids, ya JC sounds like its gonna when hands down. It pisses me off the only thing enchanters can do is enchant their rings with decent enchants.

Engineering is VERY profitable.
    I'm still making A-LOT of money on live selling Primal airs for 70g a pop.
    On TOP of that, engineering is also a VERY versatile profession (Speed boost, damage boost, damage burst, etc).

I seriously can't understand how you can complain about this. You even said it in the OP. Enchanters, for example, get ring enchants, ap OR health OR sp. I mean, what class/spec could NOT benefit from one of those alternatives? You say that JC is the best profession. I'd say you can't say any proff is better than the other one. I mean... As a tailor you get a unique mount. As engineer you get a sprint equivalent ability. I'd take that any day in the week before some extra good gems in PvP.

What my point is, well... I don't mean to flame you or something, but I find it so tiresome to complain about stuff being OP and stuff useless etc etc. Damn, ppl use the proffs for different purposes. See the valuable in stuff instead than seeing the cracks in it.

10+ Year Old Account

Takes less than a minute to supply the Auction House with sellable Engineering items for a margin of 1000% and up. But by all means, keep on thinking like that. That way there's less competition for us.