Thread: Gdkp gui

Gdkp gui

Everybody likes a good GDKP run of ToC25 or ICC25. It would be an awesome idea if Blizzard implemented an in-game GDKP interface. It would work something like this:

The raid leader creates the group/raid. He inputs the minimum bid, increment and the bidding time frame. The raid leader would recruit as per usual and nothing would be different besides these key things:

1. It's virtually impossible to ninja from - Blizzard receives no more complaints about GDKP ninjas.
    2. It's scripted and hence there is no way for bids don't drag out and the pace is kept.
    3. No one player is ever in possession of any gold but their own when entering the instance, the pot is kept separate until the final item is auctioned, at which point the gold is distributed evenly.

From a buyer's perspective, you would be setting your maximum bid for each item/for any item and as a piece of loot drops and is being bid for, there is bid button that updates with every new bid. To keep the system fair, each new bid would have to be announced in raid chat by the bidding module. I've probably missed a minor detail here, but of course its only conceptual - just a way to facilitate things that already go on in-game, and quite often I might add. On my own server there is a GDKP of some description running every night.

Thanks, provide your feedback!

You mean something that would be handled server side, take up bandwith, require testing and programming

that adds no extra fee to the monthly sub and in no way can be sold

Sure, blizzard will get right on that.

No that would be stupid and instead of those ninja-complaints there will be goldselling spam in the tradechat 24/7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Applepie
    your retarded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    Everybody likes a good GDKP run of ToC25 or ICC25. It would be an awesome idea if Blizzard implemented an in-game GDKP interface. It would work something like this:

The raid leader creates the group/raid. He inputs the minimum bid, increment and the bidding time frame. The raid leader would recruit as per usual and nothing would be different besides these key things:

1. It's virtually impossible to ninja from - Blizzard receives no more complaints about GDKP ninjas.
    2. It's scripted and hence there is no way for bids don't drag out and the pace is kept.
    3. No one player is ever in possession of any gold but their own when entering the instance, the pot is kept separate until the final item is auctioned, at which point the gold is distributed evenly.

From a buyer's perspective, you would be setting your maximum bid for each item/for any item and as a piece of loot drops and is being bid for, there is bid button that updates with every new bid. To keep the system fair, each new bid would have to be announced in raid chat by the bidding module. I've probably missed a minor detail here, but of course its only conceptual - just a way to facilitate things that already go on in-game, and quite often I might add. On my own server there is a GDKP of some description running every night.

Thanks, provide your feedback!
    Write a mod instead. There's mods for epgp, dkp, etc with bidding and such already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Write a mod instead. There's mods for epgp, dkp, etc with bidding and such already.
    that doesn't really slove what OP thinks is a problem.

Every ninja pot i've heard of has been restored, gdkp is pretty safe