Poll: If Gnomes and the Goblins would meet each other in war, who would be slaughtered?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysard View Post
    Uhmm..the same way that they lost it the last time. Instead of Troggs, we can send in a bunch of Kobolds...

"You no take candle, Gnome. DIE !!!11!1!!1

Gnomish Race: Aieeee...run away...again...QQ QQ QQ
    You completely avoided my point. That only worked cause they came from underneath Gnomeregan. An assault from above is very difficult. Just look at how easily Thermaplugg warded off their attack
    Last edited by Alraml; 2010-08-03 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Wrong Name

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins are larger than gnomes and also more fierce.
    Gnomes have difficult giving birth cause of the large head often resulting in death or severe complications. Goblins breed really fast.
    Kamikaze pilots in WW2 were pretty effective(??) otherwise the japanese wouldn't use them I think. Goblins are great at going out with a kaabooom.

Gnomes are so retarded their plans backfire on them when it matters. lol leeper gnomes... what kind of dummies would fail so hard they not only take out their own people they are trying to save but also turn them into THE ENEMY.

goblin engineering is more centerd on warfare. Gnome is pretty much toys and gimmicks

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes will be killed very quickly although i guess the goblins would go for some suicide attacks idea seeing they have a tendency to blow themselves and ally's up etc:P

Goblins would drop a load of bombs on gnomes while they are forming up complicated battle-plans.

Actually neither race will get slaughtered, a good section of the Goblin populace will decide there's no profit to be made, and a good section of the Gnomish populace will retreat to their workshops to find an impractical solution to the problem before getting sidetracked.

Quote Originally Posted by Danne9423 View Post
    People vote Gnomes just because they are Horde fans..

From lore way will Goblins lose

Mostly because

1. Gnomes got better technology
    2. Goblins are really good at killing themselves
    3. Many goblins would sell their services to the Gnomes to make money
    From lore? I don't think so...

Well, Gnome tech is safer for the user, yes. That said, Gobbos own the destructive tech market.

2. Goblins are really good at killing themselves

Yes they are. But, if a Gobbo sapper can take out a bunch of Gnomes with him..it's a great trade off. Or, if some mad Gobbo invention backfires & takes out the operator and his enemies...again, that's a positive.

3. Many goblins would sell their services to the Gnomes to make money

Not if there was a race war between Gobbos & Gnomes - it would not be profitable to lose that war. If you are talking Alliance -v- Horde, then I still don't see them supplying the Alliance with a lot of weaponry..it could "backfire" on them if the Horde won.

15+ Year Old Account
    Uhmm..the same way that they lost it the last time. Instead of Troggs, we can send in a bunch of Kobolds...

"You no take candle, Gnome. DIE !!!11!1!!1

Gnomish Race: Aieeee...run away...again...QQ QQ QQ
    Guys! We are doing it wrong! We shouldn't go and kill the Goblins!
    The Trolls seem to be the weakest of the races!
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    gnomes would punt goblins

Both. Obviously.

Goblins would blow themselves up as much as the gnomes.

Gnomes would fry themselves with death rays as much as the goblins.

Kamikaze pilots in WW2 were pretty effective(??) otherwise the japanese wouldn't use them I think.
    They were a last-ditch effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    You completely avoided my point. That only worked cause they came from underneath Gnomeregan. An assault from above is very difficult. Just look at how easily Thermaplugg warded off their attack

I thought he only warded off their attack by sabotaging the device - which caused the war party to have to flee- no?

---------- Post added 2010-08-03 at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Guys! We are doing it wrong! We shouldn't go and kill the Goblins!
    The Trolls seem to be the weakest of the races!
    If you think I was trolling, then I apologize.

The attempt was supposed to be a stab at humor, we are talking about Gnomes & Goblins, after all.

From lore? I don't think so...

Well, Gnome tech is safer for the user, yes. That said, Gobbos own the destructive tech market.

1. Goblins with the warmarket? do you know who built the tanks of the Alliance? or the aircrafts, goblins have rockets and zepelins, the Gnome airfleet is soo much more supperior that it's silly... and for the Gnome devices that missfire, they are usually made by lone inventors that havn't got that much time testing their devices... Goblin tech is just unreliable becouse they are lazy with details

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought he only warded off their attack by sabotaging the device - which caused the war party to have to flee- no?

---------- Post added 2010-08-03 at 08:44 AM ----------

If you think I was trolling, then I apologize.

The attempt was supposed to be a stab at humor, we are talking about Gnomes & Goblins, after all.
    No, he built a radiation bomb 26 times stronger than the original one. The only reason the war party survived is because they were teleported out in time

Quote Originally Posted by L3monTRee View Post
    1. Goblins with the warmarket? do you know who built the tanks of the Alliance? or the aircrafts, goblins have rockets and zepelins, the Gnome airfleet is soo much more supperior that it's silly... and for the Gnome devices that missfire, they are usually made by lone inventors that havn't got that much time testing their devices... Goblin tech is just unreliable becouse they are lazy with details
    Those Gnome airplanes are sweet. I really enjoyed watching them in the Jesse Cox "You are Dismissed" video chain. What was sweet though was the Goblin AA gunfire, shooting them out of the sky...without a misfire in sight...just sayin

---------- Post added 2010-08-03 at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    No, he built a radiation bomb 26 times stronger than the original one. The only reason the war party survived is because they were teleported out in time

Gotcha, knew it was something like that. But, that means it wasn't too hard to penetrate that deep into Gnomergan. If that's the case, my Kobold army has a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Sometimes faction pride goes beyond rational lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    No no this is Warcraft, not Lovecraft, I know it's confusing with both of them having old gods, but they're different.
    Knarg: "Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?"

First of all, no1 mentioned ratio.if that will be 10k gnomes vs. 10k goblins.gnomes will win
    dont forget, gnomes to dwarves are the closest things in azeroth.if gnomes would need help or their specie would be endangered , dwarves would get in to the battle without asking for help.and i dont think orcs and other races of horde would fight so good as dwarves for their allies.
    and also, if something, gnomes could run to Gnomeregan or lock themselfes in IF, thats a siege that can last forever.
    anyway, if that would happen in neutral lands, both would die, maybe ...few goblins would still be alive, but both would be dead.

Whoever wins, we all lose.

I bet goblins would. Since their engineering is extremely dangerous to use, they would create some mega-super-duper-destroyer which started would blow Azshara to Outlands.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane View Post
    Both, obviously. Goblins have a tendency for blowing themselves up
    I would say goblins. Gnomes, at least, don't blow themselves up on purpose.

Horde fanboyism in these forums is just disgusting. They vote with their feelings and epeen rather than be objective about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball2452 View Post
    I would say goblins. Gnomes, at least, don't blow themselves up on purpose.
    Really? The blew themselves up on purpose ONCE while Goblins ALWAYS blow themselves up on accident and in your fanboy mind Goblins still win?

Quote Originally Posted by WyrmBee View Post
    Really? The blew themselves up on purpose ONCE while Goblins ALWAYS blow themselves up on accident and in your fanboy mind Goblins still win?
    I'd recommend rereading his post, as what he wrote is the exact opposite of what you are saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    An open field is shown, all is peaceful, several ravens are feeding in the middle. The sound of Goblin laughter can begin to be heard, Gnomish laughter becomes audible short after.

The rumbling of millions of tiny footsteps grows louder and louder until countless Goblins charge over the ridge, many are mounted on motorcycles and are beating on drums. On the other side of the field an army of gnomes charge towards their Goblin foes, one Gnome mounts a boulder and rallies his comrades.

The two forces stampede towards the centre of the field and as both armies meet in the maddle a missive explosion consumes the screen and the combatants.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.
    Icwutudidthar lol. Lol, gotta love the wc3 cinematic>>