Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ret rotation in Cata....sigh

Blue post:
    "Holy Wrath is really intended as a Ret filler spell (for when other attacks are on cooldown)."

I thought thats what we were trying to get Ret away from? Im being sarcastic, and I guarantee nothing will change with Rets rotation, it will still be FCFS for Cata just like Affliction lock and Survival hunters and so on.
    But what should one expect when Blizz has said things like "were trying to make Rogues less cooldown dependent in pvp"

They want ret to not be "is this button able to be hit? Change that. Woot dps win."

---------- Post added 2010-08-03 at 01:32 AM ----------

I like holy wrath not being limited to undead things.

I'm fine with FCFS. The new system at least has us striving toward something rather than the only thing we're having to worry about is clash resolution.

A lot of our rotation is changing. I'm not sure how you can say NOTHING will change when it appears so much already has. They're changing several of our main FCFS abilities (Divine Storm being a "finisher" and Consecrate having a long cd).

3DS FC: 1821-9540-3146
    Electric Safari: Manectric, Pikachu and Emolga. Looking for other friend codes for safari.
    Pre-Ordered Alpha Sapphire

Unferth, are you high?

Anything that isn't a completely set rotation is technically FCFS. Judgement may do a lot more damage than pretty much everything else, but if Judgement is on cd you pretty much have to keep up damage by using another attack that is available.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

At the current point our normal single target rotation will be this:

CS-Judge-CS-[FILLER]-CS-[Finisher] ......... Start at beginning.

Fillers in current order:
    Exo
    Holy Wrath
    Consecration

Finishers are either:
    Inquisition
    Templars Verdict

►You keep up Inquisition over TV for finishers.
    ►If you get a HoPow Proc, you use finisher early, and for the next rotation Judgement and [Filler] swap spots, until another HoPow Proc. Basically you are alternating Judgement and a filler between Holy Power abilities.

That's pretty much it.
    Last edited by ewhenn; 2010-08-03 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is sounding mighty gay... Rogueadins?

Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    It's sounding better than facerolling your keyboard for success.

3DS FC: 1821-9540-3146
    Electric Safari: Manectric, Pikachu and Emolga. Looking for other friend codes for safari.
    Pre-Ordered Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    Blue post:
    "Holy Wrath is really intended as a Ret filler spell (for when other attacks are on cooldown)."

I thought thats what we were trying to get Ret away from? Im being sarcastic, and I guarantee nothing will change with Rets rotation, it will still be FCFS for Cata just like Affliction lock and Survival hunters and so on.
    But what should one expect when Blizz has said things like "were trying to make Rogues less cooldown dependent in pvp"
    wat

Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    Uh, the rotation looks a lot better.

What looks absolutely atrocious is ret PvP at this point. I honestly don't think I could have made it worse if I put serious effort into it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffman View Post
    wat
    Affliction uses a FCFS based on debuff duration instead of active cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn View Post
    Uh, the rotation looks a lot better.

What looks absolutely atrocious is ret PvP at this point. I honestly don't think I could have made it worse if I put serious effort into it.
    http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=85804

This pretty much indicates the mentality Blizzard has when designing Cataclysm ret pvp. By which I mean that they're completely batshit insane. If people thought that they were easily kited and CC'd in WotLK, they're going to LOVE Cataclysm.

Yeah, I know it's still in beta... but they're going to have to change so much in order to make us even close to viable.

Obviously a lot of people in this thread haven't been paying any attention at all. We've known that our Cata rotation won't be FCFS for a long while now (3 beta builds, I think).

i don't understand why people are upset with the rotation, holy power isn't going to take as long to build up as people think. the new divine purpose has a 40% chance to give holy power on Templar's Verdict, Divine Storm and Inquistion cast

And we haven't seen the new glyphs so really no one really knows whats going on
    Last edited by SkullLeaderX; 2010-08-03 at 04:43 PM.

The opposite is "there is always an important dps-ability to use", which means a 100% "ZOMG DPSonlyDPS" priority,fcfs,rotation whatever~

Why would one prefer that? I love free GCDs or a system that has "a bit less important abilities" that can be replaced without dps suffering that much.

There's nothing more stupid that having to sacrifice a lot of damage to do someting clever. The system should support playing clever.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually our new rotation is boring as sin and it's just as faceroll as FCFS you stack 3 and use a TV if there are multiple adds you stack 3 and use a DS nothing has changed our filler abilities are based on spell hit which is stupid I don't care if they add spell hit into our talents they need to get rid of us using spells that are based on spell hit tables.

What they need to do is completely scrap Seals doing damage and fix a strike system. Seals are the one thing that always break this stupid class and it's the one thing Blizzard has never found a balance for it has no balance it needs to be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    What they need to do is completely scrap Seals doing damage and fix a strike system. Seals are the one thing that always break this stupid class and it's the one thing Blizzard has never found a balance for it has no balance it needs to be removed.
    It would defiantly make the class easier to manage, moreso since it isn't passive damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    It would defiantly make the class easier to manage, moreso since it isn't passive damage.
    This from a blue:
    Seals do way too much damage on live and in Cataclysm. We haven't worried about that damage yet because we're still working out a basic rotation that feels good. We also are mindful that deemphasizing white attacks of any kind risks making haste less attractive.
    Maybe they are planning to cut down seal damage?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This from a blue:

Maybe they are planning to cut down seal damage?
    By making all Seals Strikes instead (i.e. Strike of Truth, Strike of Righteousness, etc.), you could still keep the mechanics while making it active damage and not passive damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    By making all Seals Strikes instead (i.e. Strike of Truth, Strike of Righteousness, etc.), you could still keep the mechanics while making it active damage and not passive damage.
    You could tie them onto a shared cooldown, like shock spells for shamans. Strike of Truth could stack Censure much like the seal does.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."