Thread: Heirloom Sets

Question Heirloom Sets

So what do you guys think of 5 piece Heirloom sets (or maybe 8 piece)?
    Complete with Set bonuses.
    As far as looks maybe Blizz could Reuse old Dungeon Sets from Vanilla & TBC just recolored.
    Maybe class specific sets or just general sets Cloth Caster, Plate Dps, Plate Tanking, Etc.

I tried looking for it in the forums but couldn't seem to find anything...
    Sorry If its been discussed before.
    “Between the sheets, we were like Jordan and Pippen.”

Deleted
    Well I'm not sure it would really add to the game if they eliminated ALL gear-motivation while leveling. It's not like heirlooms don't already make it pretty faceroll.

I would like to see the old Tier 0 set have a comeback though. But there are enough Heirlooms already imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    50% bonus xp...?
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I'd love this! It's like an unlock-able mode for leveling...plus you can look awesome :P I'm a big fan of the older armor designs anyway, so adding more heirloom gear that looks like dungeon set 1 would kick ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Well I'm not sure it would really add to the game if they eliminated ALL gear-motivation while leveling.
    Yeah, as much as I LOVE having my weapon/shoulder/chest heirlooms, I still find it rather disappointing every time a boss drops or a quest rewards something that would have been a cool upgrade for those slots. There are lots of cool items, particularly drops in instances, that used to be coveted for leveling, but now are just worthless vendor fodder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I want a heirloom shield.

Also a heirloom mana potion. It will work like the endless mana pot from alchemy but scales with your level in terms of mana return.

What might be fun is expanding the range of the old Tier sent. Like the Tier 0, make it solid gear for level 30-40 and let it drop in any dungeon, etc... Give us something to play with.

The lowest rank to wear the T0 is 53, and the highest pieces are 58, but the minute most people hit 58 they jump through the dark portal and Outlands gear is so much better, why try.

I would LOVE to see the old gear sets again, in a format worth getting them. Im working on my 9th and 10th 80 right now, so when Im questing, I dont mind stopping to smell the roses, if they are worth stopping for.

no... leveling is already fast enough and pretty much a joke compared to what it used to be intended to back in the past (learning your class abilitys) , which might be a reason why so many level 80 chars have no clue how to play their class.

Quote Originally Posted by kampfwurstmmo View Post
    which might be a reason why so many level 80 chars have no clue how to play their class.
    To be fair, there were plenty of level 60s in vanilla that didn't have the slightest clue what they are doing. Fact is, you can level a character in this game using only a single attack ability the entire time, it will just take a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    To be fair, there were plenty of level 60s in vanilla that didn't have the slightest clue what they are doing. Fact is, you can level a character in this game using only a single attack ability the entire time, it will just take a long time.
    hm... i disagree on that , during vanilla and tbc there were a lot less people who didn't know how to play then we have at the moment (player to scrub ratio)

hm... i disagree on that , during vanilla and tbc there were a lot less people who didn't know how to play then we have at the moment (player to scrub ratio)
    Of course there is no way to prove it one way or another, but in my experience, the ratio has held pretty stable over the years. Basically, 80-90% scrubs is pretty normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wish... look at the pvp videos. Wouldn't it be amazing if you could still stop a guys damage completely simply by jumping around him as he tries to keyboard turn?

That is not entirely true. The amount of sheer idiocy I saw in vanilla was astounding. But then again, back in vanilla there weren't many sites like mmochamp and therefore people didn't know how to best optimize themselves and there were plenty of "Wtf?" talents and stats on gear in vanilla that it confused people.

Seriously, I have seen so many melee huntards back in vanilla it was ridiculous and I have not met a single melee hunter yet in WotLK (although I have seen idiotic hunters.) But still, it didn't take a rocket scientist to know that warriors did not need intellect, "it makes my warr smarter"... yeah I've seen plenty of those in vanilla.

if you honestly believe this im sorry to tell you but in vanilla you must have been a scrub : / also in vanila you could spot them a mile off and simply avoid them full greens and all the wrong stats = easy to avoid now badges tier set makes it hard for ppl to get the very basics of gearing wrong so you can group with a scrub and not even notice it untill they pull 300dps in your weekly raid quest pug.

I was lucky to be in a good guild in vanilla, so I really didn't have to deal with total retards. But the fact there was spirit on nearly all gear outside of raids really made it obvious which people didn't have a clue.

Seriously there were so many tards around in vanilla and there still are ... Changing humanity is easier said than done.

[edit] Oh right there is also an original post to respond to ...

I believe except for a few additions, the amount of heirlooms currently is satisfactory. (A caster and tanking shield, a tanking weapon, ...)
    Certainly with the change to levelling I expect proper gear to be available far more frequently. Although a pair of pants might complete the sets nicely. (Having rather good looking heirlooms paired with clown pants is rather odd, clothies don't need to worry about that but leather, mail and plate wearers often look rather odd.

What I do feel is needed, is a system to make heirlooms available cross-server.
    Last edited by Panoramixe; 2010-08-03 at 04:45 PM.

It's fast enough as it is.

Back in Vanilla and BC, the goal of leveling was "spend time leveling your character, learn the spells, learn the dungeons, so when you finally hit 60-70 you'll be able to master your class", now ther's no need anymore.

You have Private servers, Test Realm servers, videos, podcasts Machinimas everywhere, I'm pretty sure that anyone who's not a very casual player or a complete retard know every single spell of every single class already, ther's no more reason to force you to do 100+ hours of gametime leveling a toon you basically know everything of.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, I have like 90% of the heirloom gear and I am so tired of looking at my casters in the Dreadmist Robe that I don't think I will use it when Cataclysm comes out to level a Worgen or Goblin.

I may use the weapons but I'm not 100% on that either.