Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those inside out rubber things are vicious. Would definitely be top dps by ~1k

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    The tallstrider move does work on bosses, yes i raid with a pink tallstrider to, i dont care and my guild doesnt care, my tank enjoys the free miss.
    I'd like you to meet my newest pet, BigPinkCawk. Yes, it's bad.

Also, though hard to see, is my new http://www.wowhead.com/item=50727

Big upgrade over my regular Distant Land I had, as well as the Tainted Twig of Nordrasill I was using.

Deleted
    Im a BM hunter and i have currently switched to a Serpent as a pet, yes thats right a cunning pet in a raid... tbh i was VERY supriced by his dps, he does about the same if not more dps than a ferocity pet. His special ability "Poison Spit" which deals damage over time and reduces casting speed is good and i thought it wouldnt deal so much damage but to my surprice when i checked Recount and i saw that Poison spit during some point had ticked for over 2000 damage :O
    All the cunning pets also have Roar of Recovery which is very nice if you run low on mana during a fight, so you dont have to use Aspect of the Viper as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimmo View Post
    Im a BM hunter
    I stopped right there

Quote Originally Posted by Quesly View Post
    I stopped right there
    BM isn't quite that bad. I think it was a lot better until BW/Readiness in Arena killed any sort of viability the spec had. That and lack of a signature shot.

I think Blizz's issue is they don't adjust things slightly; the make big sweeping changes which often end up doing way more harm than good.

Deleted
    Jesus what is it with you ppl and the negative sight on BM? I have raided for a long time now with my guild in ICC and no complains what so ever from my guild mates.. in fact im one of the top dpsers

Quote Originally Posted by Slimmo View Post
    Jesus what is it with you ppl and the negative sight on BM? I have raided for a long time now with my guild in ICC and no complains what so ever from my guild mates.. in fact im one of the top dpsers
    All that shows me is that your guild is bad. Bm is an out of date spec in the same way that sv is they are both far behind mm in icc.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Knowing all this I still raid with my cat though. With the ICC buff DPS is never the reason groups wipe anymore. Besides, the bleed helps our rogues when our warrior isn't present for 10's.
    Please clarify what you mean by this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailthas View Post
    Helps Mutilate Rogue DPS so they don't have to put up a bleed for one of their skills. Wowhead's running like it's on dial-up speed or I'd post a link.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

mut rogues need a bleed on the target to get hunger for blood up.

10+ Year Old Account
    All that shows me is that your guild is bad
    That shows you nothing

@Slimmo: I've only had the chance to raid BM in ICC and I wasn't doing all that bad considering it was only my second time to ever do ICC. I've always been a huge believer in playing the spec you want, not what everyone says you should play as. When I raid BM, I proudly wield my Devilsaur or Spirit Beast, or if I am MM my raptor comes to play. It's all preference and anyone who says thats wrong just takes this game waaaaaaaaay too seriously.

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I figured that's what was meant by the bleeds. But doesn't piercing shots cover the bleed aspect? I understand you're not always going to have 100% uptime on it, but it just seems to me it'd gimp the raid more to bring a cat than for you to be at your top performance. That, and it's just 10 mans. I don't see the differential to be all that big. I guess in that sense go ahead and bring Bangalash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpopiev2 View Post
    That shows you nothing

@Slimmo: I've only had the chance to raid BM in ICC and I wasn't doing all that bad considering it was only my second time to ever do ICC. I've always been a huge believer in playing the spec you want, not what everyone says you should play as. When I raid BM, I proudly wield my Devilsaur or Spirit Beast, or if I am MM my raptor comes to play. It's all preference and anyone who says thats wrong just takes this game waaaaaaaaay too seriously.
    yes you can play pokemon if you want to this is a game where you do have the choice to play whatever you want. I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life I'm not your real dad. But that wasn't at all what I was talking about. I was talking about raiding. the fact that he plays bm in guild raids and still is one of their top dps shows me that his guild has no desire in doing any hard modes or taking the game seriously at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking about raiding. the fact that he plays bm in guild raids and still is one of their top dps shows me that his guild has no desire in doing any hard modes or taking the game seriously at all.
    So that means that his guild is bad? There is nothing wrong with raiding and not ever wanting to do hardmodes.

So that means that his guild is bad? There is nothing wrong with raiding and not ever wanting to do hardmodes.
    In my personal opinion yes that means his guild is bad

10+ Year Old Account
    In my personal opinion yes that means his guild is bad
    If thats what you believe, then go for it. In my personal opinion, they are just a casual raiding guild.

I figured that's what was meant by the bleeds. But doesn't piercing shots cover the bleed aspect? I understand you're not always going to have 100% uptime on it, but it just seems to me it'd gimp the raid more to bring a cat than for you to be at your top performance. That, and it's just 10 mans. I don't see the differential to be all that big. I guess in that sense go ahead and bring Bangalash.
    Yeah it's the bleeds thing. And yeah there's piercing shots, but the cat is like a constant bleed I can leave on the rogues target while I take care of other things (like lady D or Saurfang). As far as me being at top performance, I regularly out dps our other 2 hunters in nearly identical gear (in fact they both have DBW and I don't), they use wolves, I use my cat. if we were progressing on a fight that was a dps race and coming up short, yeah I'd bring a wolf. But we're not, and dps isn't a problem for my raid groups. So I bring my cat, because I lurves him (as well as the aforementioned bleeds and such).

10+ Year Old Account
    If thats what you believe, then go for it. In my personal opinion, they are just a casual raiding guild.
    BM just isn't competitive right now, that is why there is the outpouring of dislike. As long as somebody is good at their spec it isn't an issue, it is just that BM is leagues behind SV and Marks. Check the WoL records for each spec on festergut.

I heard about some1 using bears for swipe on An00b in ToC25HC though I'm not sure if that was true :P

personally I use my wolf for dps (would love to use a cat though)
    I use my Spider (BLACKBETTY!!) for princes hc since it has dash up 24/7 so it's faster getting them orbs..
    Crab for valethra for ze healing

Im the raid leader of a "casual" raiding guild and there is no chance someone gets to come in a non optimal raiding spec.. ever. No BM, no Frost mage, ect. The is casual and then there is "Im too noob a raid leader to require ppl to min/max at all so I let them do what they want"

as far as the tallstrider pet goes... I don't think one miss every 40 seconds is worth the DPS loss. If you like him parade him around town but don't PVE with him >.<