Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    BM just isn't competitive right now, that is why there is the outpouring of dislike. As long as somebody is good at their spec it isn't an issue, it is just that BM is leagues behind SV and Marks. Check the WoL records for each spec on festergut.
    Really? I was duel specced bm and spiked around 16k-17k dps on festergut as BM, i ended up doing around 10-11k, but still for BM that is pretty good.

This is how I see it, as long as it isnt slowing your guild down it is ok, some people like to squeeze in every single bit of dps they can and its fine. I make sure im doing enough dps to compete in the top 3 and my guild doesnt care that I use Floyd or if I do some fights as BM (I only play bm on fights ocassionally, and when i do i make sure im duel-specced marksman to switch to it on fights where my pet dps will be gimped, such as blood queen where your pet doesnt get the 100% buff). Now if I was in the bottom three most of the time then my raid leader would tell me to bring out a wolf, and such. Also when my guild downed lich king for the first time all the hunters were BM and had a dino out.

@Voodoou: You clearly dont know the difference between the two, there is less than 100 dps difference between a wolf and tallstrider. Also BM is not a non-optimal raiding spec, as said above.
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2010-08-07 at 05:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear all the cool kids have Skoll. I found him, told some hunters he was up, waited for them to all get there, then killed him. /shrug, needed the 20 frostweave.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spikes don't really = overall DPS, but the better Marks hunters can pull 17-18k. But they are geared to the teeth and stacking buffs like Hysteria and Tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    Im the raid leader of a "casual" raiding guild and there is no chance someone gets to come in a non optimal raiding spec.. ever. No BM, no Frost mage, ect. There is casual and then there is "Im too noob a raid leader to require people to min/max at all so I let them do what they want."
    Very well said. I feel like somebody should want to perform at their best.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM isn't as a terrible as most people seem to make it out to be. Is it mathematically worse than SV and MM? Yes.

Does it underpreform compared to the other two specs (especially MM) as your gear level gets higher? Yup.

But it's not so terrible that 'omg we can't do ICC25 with this noob hunter who's still BM he can't even pull 10k in bis guys.'

With the 30% buff and a player who knows what they're doing, BM is totally valid for all of normal and some of the heroics as long as the rest of your group isn't completely terrible. But for the harder stuff like Heroic Sindragosa, Professor Putricide, and Lich King? MM or go home.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    BM isn't as a terrible as most people seem to make it out to be. Is it mathematically worse than SV and MM? Yes.

Does it underpreform compared to the other two specs (especially MM) as your gear level gets higher? Yup.

But it's not so terrible that 'omg we can't do ICC25 with this noob hunter who's still BM he can't even pull 10k in bis guys.'

With the 30% buff and a player who knows what they're doing, BM is totally valid for all of normal and some of the heroics as long as the rest of your group isn't completely terrible. But for the harder stuff like Heroic Sindragosa, Professor Putricide, and Lich King? MM or go home.
    If i told my guild yeah I'm gonna go bm for these bosses the dps isn't really needed I would get laughed out of the raid

And every guild has to be like your guild.

It's a game, people play it like they want to. It doesn't affect you in any way so why don't you let them play their game, and you play yours.

Believe it or not, it's actually possible to have fun in ways that you don't approve of.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    And every guild has to be like your guild.

It's a game, people play it like they want to. It doesn't affect you in any way so why don't you let them play their game, and you play yours.

Believe it or not, it's actually possible to have fun in ways that you don't approve of.
    cool story bro. apparently I'm upsetting some people because I called them bad because bm is a shitty spec for dps compared to marks
    Last edited by Quesly; 2010-08-07 at 10:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quesly View Post
    cool story bro. apparently I'm upsetting some people because I called them bad because bm is a shitty spec for dps compared to marks
    Your point is proven, just be careful, because you might be entering in the danger zone for trolling as far as forum infractions go. Again, it is stupid to say "Oh, we have enough dps, you guys can just carry me while I go BM for these fights."

What's stupid is to call people bad because they don't play the game like you think they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    What's stupid is to call people bad because they don't play the game like you think they should.
    did I tell someone how to live their life? no. If they want to go play pokemon spec its their own business but I will never bring them to a raid and I can think they're bad its personal opinion.
    Last edited by Quesly; 2010-08-07 at 08:09 PM.

did I tell someone how to live their life? no. If they want to go play pokemon spec its their own business but I will never bring them to a raid and I can think they're bad its personal opinion.
    Are you going to be mad when BM is king again?

---------- Post added 2010-08-07 at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    as far as the tallstrider pet goes... I don't think one miss every 40 seconds is worth the DPS loss. If you like him parade him around town but don't PVE with him >.<
    A total of 79 uses of Dust Cloud in about a 3.5 hour raid. Imagine if one of those was a tank saver; totally worth it.

Well, not that it matters but there was once in our guild that everyone used a sub-optimal spec or a pvp spec just for the laughs and we still downed 11/12HM. I don't really think DPS matters a lot at this 30% point, I mean we could even do these normally with 18 people online and in the raid(Damn pre-cata blues and people quiting.

Personally, I think if you hit the enrage timer it's a skill problem with the entire raid not the spec's choice of personal preference. People overate how a spec choice makes a huge difference in the boss fight. I'd recommend for any guild that are bored with the current content to try a sub-optimal spec raiding day, it's a hell of a fun.
    Last edited by aal780555; 2010-08-07 at 08:41 PM.

damn I caused a ton of rage in this thread for not respecting someone playing bm in a raid situation and calling his guild bad for not making him spec the right way for raiding and defending myself

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I never raged against you. I just didn't really understand your logic till you just simply said "in my personal opinion". I get you, you think BM is lame and people should raid with the raid-best spec. Cool. A casual guild has a BM hunter number 1 alot, and you think that means that guild is bad. Again, its your personal belief and choice. Nice

I do personally believe in playing what you want to for a raid, hardcore or not. I have raided as BM like I said and I was solid #3 in ten man. I only stayed as BM because I just barely made the switch to MM and wasn't sure of everything yet. I was happy with the damage I was doing given the gear and stuff I had.

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpopiev2 View Post
    To be fair, I never raged against you. I just didn't really understand your logic till you just simply said "in my personal opinion". I get you, you think BM is lame and people should raid with the raid-best spec. Cool. A casual guild has a BM hunter number 1 alot, and you think that means that guild is bad. Again, its your personal belief and choice. Nice

I do personally believe in playing what you want to for a raid, hardcore or not. I have raided as BM like I said and I was solid #3 in ten man. I only stayed as BM because I just barely made the switch to MM and wasn't sure of everything yet. I was happy with the damage I was doing given the gear and stuff I had.
    before we get further into lifestyle choices or anything like that lets get back on topic. umm.. I heard cats are the best pet besides wolves "whistles nonchalantly"

10+ Year Old Account
    *NERDRAGE* OMFGYOUSOWRONGBRO

*calmly* Personally, its a matter of choice... AGAIN. I did used to have a cat when Surv was the #1 choice for raiding and he worked out just fine. Now I use a raptor because of savage rend being like a mini-devilsaur. I've done icc 10 man with him and have been either #1 or #2. And yes, I will raid with mah plainstrider because my main being a tank, I'll take any sort of chance to not be squished and i'm sure tanks will too.

*nerd rage* lolomgwtfdqbbq

yeah it was cat v. raptor before wolf got buffed super hard. I never used raptor because I thought it was too rng based.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok before I attempt to comment: RNG means what now?

Edit: Nvm, figured it out. The savage rend for my raptor I've noticed procs quite a bit. Then again I may be looking at the bleed DoT and not the actual buff for the pet. Still, its nice.
    Last edited by Sharpopiev2; 2010-08-07 at 11:07 PM.

yeah it was cat v. raptor before wolf got buffed super hard. I never used raptor because I thought it was too rng based.
    You can't say wolf got buffed super hard compared to others when the dmg is normalized between all pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob002 View Post
    You can't say wolf got buffed super hard compared to others when the dmg is normalized between all pets.