Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Maybe because -ness is the appropriate suffix to use?

As in your highness
    That's probably why Blizzard morphed the title a bit. Still doesn't change my point about the title's origin (and her size for that matter) being an explicit reference to Invader Zim of course.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

NO! NOOOO!
    CURSE YOU BLIZZARD!
    Now must eat my own fingers as par with my vow "If your "Mida" person gets into Cataclysm I will eat my each digit on my left and right hands."

Also, hate to defend her... But this is much more of a reference to that fanfic character on the WoW forums that everyone gushes over than Invader Zim, even though that fanfic character is herself a reference to Invader Zim...
    Last edited by Nenavn; 2010-08-04 at 12:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Wow that is so cool.

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    NO! NOOOO!
    CURSE YOU BLIZZARD!
    Now must eat my own fingers as par with my vow "If your "Mida" person gets into Cataclysm I will eat my each digit on my left and right hands."
    Next time always remember: Even if the exact suggestion doesn't seem like something that'll be implemented into the game, there is always the chance Blizzard will create their own interpretation and run with it.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Actually the idea of her title being "Her Tallest", which Blizzard morphed into "Her Tallness" was an intentional and explicit reference to Invader Zim.
    Or it could just be a pointer to the fact that she's tall for a goblin, and thus takes on "Her Tallness" as a way of inducing respect, since goblins are not naturally tall.

Not everything is a reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    Or it could just be a pointer to the fact that she's tall for a goblin, and thus takes on "Her Tallness" as a way of inducing respect, since goblins are not naturally tall.

tall + green + leader = tallest

And the fact that she is taller then the average Goblin at all is also something that came out of Invader Zim. I guess you could argue it's a secondary reference (ie a reference to a reference), but it's still a reference. So while not everything is a reference, this definitely is.

Of course at this point we are arguing terminology and the finer points of language more then anything else.

Actually the tallness came form the epic 300+ page thread in the Cataclysm forum on the official site.
    He's climbin' in your Deepholme
    Burnin' yo people up
    Tryin to kill em' so you need to hide yo kids hide yo wife
    Cause he burnin' erbody out there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cenarius View Post
    Actually the tallness came form the epic 300+ page thread in the Cataclysm forum on the official site.
    Well, yes. Someone suggested it should be added, and blizzard added it. Doesn't exactly make it a reference to anything =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yes. Someone suggested it should be added, and blizzard added it. Doesn't exactly make it a reference to anything =P
    then its an unplanned reference
    people will still see it as an invader zim reference... cant change that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boloney View Post
    then its an unplanned reference
    people will still see it as an invader zim reference... cant change that
    "unplanned reference"? A reference is something that's made to pay homage to popular culture on purpose, as thus, an unplanned reference doesn't exist ;P and if they do, we like to call them "coincidences".

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, the fan-created thread pulling for her creation was definitely one of the most epic threads I've seen on the WoW forums, big props to Blizz for taking notice.
    100 Rogue | 100 Priest | 93 Monk | 91 Druid | 91 Shaman | 90 Warrior | 90 Mage | 90 Hunter | 90 DK | 87 Warlock | 86 Pally

Height was a method of gauging respect among the Irken, a naturally short (and green) race with an affinity for technology and destruction. "Your tallness" was a common way to address the tallest leaders. If this isn't a reference, everything in the game isn't either... Everything's just coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Height was a method of gauging respect among the Irken, a naturally short (and green) race with an affinity for technology and destruction. "Your tallness" was a common way to address the tallest leaders. If this isn't a reference, everything in the game isn't either... Everything's just coincidental.
    /agreed...../sarcasim there are no Highlander or He-man or Lord of the Rings references at all... /end sarcasim
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Lorewise... how is it possible for a rogue or a warrior to res someone? A hunter ressing a feral druid I can understand but.. eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Clearly the rogue stabs them with a poison that revives, and the warrior yells at them until they get up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    So I hear draenei are a reference to smurfs due to their blue color, communal society, and generally benevolent lifestyle.

So I hear draenei are a reference to smurfs due to their blue color, communal society, and generally benevolent lifestyle.
    yeah, and that there is only one female in the entire race.....ooohhh wait....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Lorewise... how is it possible for a rogue or a warrior to res someone? A hunter ressing a feral druid I can understand but.. eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Clearly the rogue stabs them with a poison that revives, and the warrior yells at them until they get up.

You must not be hit capped 'cuz you MISSED THE POINT :O *rimshot*

---------- Post added 2010-08-04 at 02:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Romobama View Post
    yeah, and that there is only one female in the entire race.....ooohhh wait....lol
    I loved that episode of the smurfs where half their races was twisted into demonic legions for the god of chaos and destruction.

Another reason to roll a goblin come Cataclysm! Was already planning on it but this just makes it even better lol

You know, now that I look back on this thread and I am guilty of this too, there is entirely too much debate on whether or not her title can technically be considered a pop culture reference and far too little on the actual character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont give ah fvck what invader zim is... the point is blizzard borrowed it from the people!

Oh and on a edited side note... Having a tall bo$$ b!tch makes only sense for the goblins.
    Last edited by Lostkeys; 2010-08-04 at 02:45 AM. Reason: skgurr