Page 1 of 3
LastLast

My thoughts on how Cataclysm heirlooms should look

If I could pick I'd make the cataclysm heirlooms look like :

Plate : DKT10 (Black/Purple)
    Mail : ShamanT10 (Grey/Blue)
    Leather : Rogue T8 OR T5(Purple/Black)
    Cloth : Mage T10 (Black/red) or Lock T10 (Black/purple)

Rogue T5 for refference : http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=622
    Rogue T8 for refference : http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=826

I feel heirlooms should include helmets to complete the aesthetic of it , instead of having a junky looking random helmet w/ your heirlooms whether the helmet would include another +10% xp boost or not , though imo it should

Weapons : They should ALL look like ICC10/25 weapons with the exception of 1 handed maces those should look like ToC10/25 ones

They should include fist weapons , a polearm , and shields this time

The daggers should come with 1 as main hand only (1.8) and one as offhand only (1.4 speed) to enforce correct ideas upon new rogues early on

Edit : This is ideally , what I would like... however realistically I'd prefer they just make them look completely brand new and not re-used old gear skins... (With the exception of gladly using Rogue T5 for the leather )

More Edit after being overly criticized for suggesting T10 lol

Quote Originally Posted by BTF777 View Post
    Ok , with NO WOTLK skin stuff at all.. I would pick these sets

Cloth : Warlock T6 (Malefic) http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=670
    Leather : Rogue T5 (Deathmantle) http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=622
    Mail : Shaman T6 (Skyshatter) http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=682#.
    Plate : Warrior T6 (Onslaught) http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=672

How bout those choices then?
    Last edited by BTF777; 2010-08-04 at 06:58 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    They should match the current heirlooms.

I am tired of the Wotlk models, I'd rather have some vanilla and TBC models.

Tho, when we are a bit in cata, I might miss the Wotlk ones a bit
    "Death is the solution to all problems" - Joseph Stalin

10+ Year Old Account
    Well since i didn't get into beta yet (QQ) all i can do is guess, but i believe i remember hearing/reading that blacksmiths will be able to craft BoA items, so who knows, this might not be too far-off from what blizz has planned, it would certainly be a huge improvement from wraths BoAs

No, no, no and HELL no. If they are going to model the new heirlooms (assuming they actually make new heirlooms which they have hinted at but neither confirmed nor denied and don't expect to see them out until the end of the expansion if they do) off of TBC weapons/armor. The art for T6 quite easily defeats anything that has come since.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for a BOA shield. That is the one thing I really wish they would add.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    The art for T6 quite easily defeats anything that has come since.
    I just looked up Rogue T6 and um... no it doesn't not on rogues anyway O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Naphta View Post
    They should match the current heirlooms.
    They already said there will be new heirlooms buyable at 85 , if all they did is reskin the same shit w/ the only difference being that it would work 81-85 it'd be pretty much fucking useless and I sure as hell , would not go through any trouble to earn the same old shit just to make it valid for 4 lvls

BOA shield damnet! There's everything else out there! >_<

All the new BoAs should be BC gear.

you can turn off show helmet, it seems to work fine for me.

and as far as creating more, yes a few more weapon varieties wouldn't hurt, but we have enough pieces of armor. you can already achieve 25% bonus xp if you have the ring, shoulders, and chestpiece. that's insane. o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by BTF777 View Post
    I just looked up Rogue T6 and um... no it doesn't not on rogues anyway O_o
    Just looked at T6-T10 for rogues, and I have to tell you, I will gladly chose T6 looks wise over 7,8,9 and 10. If you have something for necrophilia or plain ole ugly textures then maybe you like one of the others better.

They already said there will be new heirlooms buyable at 85 , if all they did is reskin the same shit w/ the only difference being that it would work 81-85 it'd be pretty much fucking useless and I sure as hell , would not go through any trouble to earn the same old shit just to make it valid for 4 lvls
    No, what they already said was that 1-80 heirlooms cap at level 80 and that they MIGHT CONSIDER adding heirlooms into the game for level 85. Personally, I don't see them doing it anytime near the beginning of the expansion because they want the 80-85 experience to be truly epic, and heirlooms have done much more harm than good to this game by giving incentive for people to roll alts which has taken away their actual concentration from their main characters which has hurt raiding and the actual community of the game.

Whatever they do, it's not going to be T10 stuff. That's just stupid. The idea behind current heirlooms is that they are scaling versions of somewhat iconic items, mostly blue items considered best pre-raid items, from vanilla.

If they make new heirlooms that go to 85 with different skins, they should be similar items from TBC, i.e. dungeon sets and maybe some heroic weapons.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've got to disagree. We've been looking at t10 for months. If WotLK's heirlooms were of T6, the people who had T6 for months would be pissed - though perhaps the people who wanted T6 at 70 and weren't capable of acquiring it would have been satisfied.

Before this goes off on a crazy tangent, negative commander. It's way too early for t10 models as heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no, no and HELL no. If they are going to model the new heirlooms (assuming they actually make new heirlooms which they have hinted at but neither confirmed nor denied and don't expect to see them out until the end of the expansion if they do) off of TBC weapons/armor. The art for T6 quite easily defeats anything that has come since.
    Funny thing, they have confirmed it, SEVERAL times. Go ahead and search the official and Beta forums for heirlooms. Simply talking about them is confirmation enough. Wrath will stay to 80, cata's will go to 85.

I for one hope the new AND old heirlooms get remade into a T6 model (which is unused, good looking, and awesome).

Whatever they do, it's not going to be T10 stuff. That's just stupid. The idea behind current heirlooms is that they are scaling versions of somewhat iconic items, mostly blue items considered best pre-raid items, from vanilla.

If they make new heirlooms that go to 85 with different skins, they should be similar items from TBC, i.e. dungeon sets and maybe some heroic weapons.
    This i'd be okay with, wasn't dungeon sets in TBC awesome looking T2? If I remember right yea it was. And it looked great. I'd be okay with this.
    Last edited by Tanfastic; 2010-08-04 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id want the cloth set to look like mage t5.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

... and heirlooms have done much more harm than good to this game by giving incentive for people to roll alts which has taken away their actual concentration from their main characters which has hurt raiding and the actual community of the game.
    This is all very incorrect.

The raiding scene is healthier now than it has ever been. More people are raiding than ever before. People who want to level alts will level alts. People concentrating on mains has jack shit to do with how good or bad the community is.

Just looked at T6-T10 for rogues, and I have to tell you, I will gladly chose T6 looks wise over 7,8,9 and 10. If you have something for necrophilia or plain ole ugly textures then maybe you like one of the others better.
    So odd chunky looking RED shit is somehow more fitting for a stealth assassin? uhhhhhh...... what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    Id want the cloth set to look like mage t5.
    Yes!

I loved Tirisfal Regalia, bring it back.

im guessing you like black and purple

this. and and weapons that changes with your spec. if you got a 1h sword and ur a rogue it'll be 2.60 MH and 2.0 in OH giving crit and attackpower. If ur specced tank you get a 1.8-2.0 weapon with stamina and dodge rating etc.