Page 1 of 2
LastLast

download Installer

Hey folks,

I am currently not in the beta but i have the beta client installed on my computer in anticipation of the possible happy day of receiving an invite. Also nearing the end of the beta, the changes in login screen become apparent. I did the same during WotLK beta.

HOWEVER... this newest tryout from Blizzard left my beta unable to update. So my question would be if someone would be so cool to post a linky to the installer or otherwise help me to obtain it. As i am currently not in the beta, i can't do this myself . I think it is a file no more then a few megabytes, and i can take the rest from there again (Unless Blizz tries another one like this)

If anyone can help me out, that would be very much appreciated

I second this. I am in the exact same situation and would like to be prepared to roll my new tauren paladin as soon as (if ever) I get my invite.

Thirded. I'm already in the beta, but it's because my essay won the guild contest so I and nine of my companions are just sitting around doing nothing, waiting for our accounts to be linked with some beta keys, when we COULD be installing the game ahead of time.

Well, as you are in the beta, perhaps you could help me out with that Installer.

Theres got to be more people here who are ALREADY in the beta and can provide the new installer

Quote Originally Posted by WNxBeowulf View Post
    Well, as you are in the beta, perhaps you could help me out with that Installer.
    I really can't. As I said, my account isn't linked with a beta key yet, thus I cannot access the latest downloader.

I'm in the beta and to be honest everyone had to uninstall and reinstall everything and I am not sure if you can get your hands on a copy of the new build because of the way the new launcher is. It seems like a lot of people are still installing it including myself. 16gb and only dl speed at the moment for most people is 100-500 kb/s and is taking hours to install.

Well, I and the OP would agree when I say, that we are just looking for the file that starts the 16GB download (the Launcher is it?). I dont want the whole client, I dont mind letting it sit on my computer for a day or two and just download while I wait for the next wave of invites.

I am not talking about the build itself. You need to download a small file from Blizzard. The Launcher i imagine. That is the file i am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by _Anubis_ View Post
    I'm in the beta and to be honest everyone had to uninstall and reinstall everything and I am not sure if you can get your hands on a copy of the new build because of the way the new launcher is. It seems like a lot of people are still installing it including myself. 16gb and only dl speed at the moment for most people is 100-500 kb/s and is taking hours to install.
    In what way would the newest launcher be difficult to zip and email/rapidshare/etc? If any of this is possible at all, I would be eternally grateful as it would mean I can proactively download the newest patch while I wait for my key to come in.

In other words, we are looking for the executable that starts this:

Edit: NOT my screenshot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some awesome dude/dudette on the forums here maintains a patch mirror just for situations like this. It's in his sig.

http://wow.youthbox.net/

The latest installer is the 600 something meg file, called 4.0.0.12635 Installer.

I'm installing it right now, it works just great.

Might sound like a dumb question but why is it 16GB? Are they testing downloading BC and WOTLK content too?

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    Some awesome dude/dudette on the forums here maintains a patch mirror just for situations like this. It's in his sig.

The latest installer is the 600 something meg file, called 4.0.0.12635 Installer.

I'm installing it right now, it works just great.
    Thank you very very much

The latest installer is the 600 something meg file, called New Installer.
    I already tried that one. That is not it. The new one will just download the 600 MB and then install the entire 16 GB up to 4.0.0.12635 which is the same as the one you are required to uninstall.

Image:

Edit: It also says - Last Updated April 02, 2010 - which I assume is incorrect

kickass

DCEMuser, you are my new best buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Might sound like a dumb question but why is it 16GB? Are they testing downloading BC and WOTLK content too?
    No one knows lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by funkymillah View Post
    I already tried that one. That is not it. The new one will just download the 600 MB and then install the entire 16 GB up to 4.0.0.12635 which is the same as the one you are required to uninstall.
    Incorrect. That is the right file. The current version is 12694, and the previous build was 12644.

The thing is, the installer was created during an internal dev build, that we never got, 12635. After you install 12635, it will patch you up to 12694. If you're running 12644, you cannot patch up to 12694.

It is confusing, but that is the way they did it. The version you uninstalled was definitely 12644.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-08-05 at 09:08 AM.

Incorrect. That is the right file. The current version is 12694, and the previous build was 12644.

The thing is, the installer was created during an internal dev build, that we never got, 12635. After you install 12635, it will patch you up to 12694. If you're running 12644, you cannot patch up to 12694.

It is confusing, but that is the way they did it. The version you uninstalled was definitely 12644.

Ok, so once I finish installing up to 12635, I will have to download another 16 GB to get to 12694? (like the screenshots I've been seeing on the forum)

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, unforunately.