Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Sin and Punishement...

Really? What is blizz smoking ?O_O

Sin and Punishment *New* - When your Vampiric Touch is dispelled, the dispeller and all nearby enemy targets within 6 yards have a 50/100% chance to be instantly feared in horror for 3 sec.

Notice... HORROR effect

So... now dispelled target receives TONS of damage and Dispeller is horrified for 3 sec and every1 around him? UA seems ridiculous compared to this, basiclly its nuke on dotted target with 3 second unbreakable CC on dispeller and those around him

Thoughts?
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2010-08-05 at 09:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... And?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Keep in mind that this is a beta and that things always can change or are likely to change
    'nuff said?

Deleted
    Not hating

Just wondering what priests think about it since they have complained long about shadow being left.

Locks already got 6 seconds Horror on cone on 25sec CD in cata

PS ima lock but i like SPs even tho im jealous of their dmg:>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Really? What is blizz smoking ?O_O

Sin and Punishment *New* - When your Vampiric Touch is dispelled, the dispeller and all nearby enemy targets within 6 yards have a 50/100% chance to be instantly feared in horror for 3 sec.

Notice... HORROR effect

So... now dispelled target receives TONS of damage and Dispeller is horrified for 3 sec and every1 around him? UA seems ridiculous compared to this, basiclly its nuke on dotted target with 3 second unbreakable CC on dispeller and those around him

And this is why you be careful what you dispel.

Spoiler alert: PVP in Cataclysm isn't the mindless dispel-and-heal fest it is today. Things will be hard.

People. Will. Die.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Phoenix_AND1
    It looks awesome, but I think they will nerf it /sadface.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_AND1 View Post
    It looks awesome.
    Let's bee optimistic

Deleted
    TBH since vanilla i wanted my lock to be somewhat SP ;p with channeled nuke. Eerything indicates Drain Life is gonna be nuke for afflilock then ill be golen, if not... i can always make SP

Dispel mechanic change and UA/VT basically means those specs are fine even in that scenario and even better then before.

Just happy to see SPs get something cool

I think chane to VT is due to upcoming rated BGs and more people to take care of

I imagine combo afflock and sp dotting single target vt nd ua can cause major disorder when done on Flag carrer for example
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2010-08-05 at 09:58 AM.

Tbh I am very excited about these changes although I am kind of afraid about nerfs.Anyway lets see how it ends up,happy to see a problem (dot protection) being addressed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do love the Dark Evangilism stuff. Makes me want to replay my Spriest. Sin and Punishment just becomes "Do I heal myself from the damage? Or do I be a jerk and make everyone around me stunned for 3/6 seconds?"

It adds something to the class and to healers/dispellers in pvp.

Good stuff.

Didn't they change UA to a one-target spell due to that mechanic?
    I fear with this added mechanic VT will get the same kind of treatment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    Didn't they change UA to a one-target spell due to that mechanic?
    I fear with this added mechanic VT will get the same kind of treatment
    No that was just tooltip clarification that on 1 target only 1 ua can be cast. You still can have ua on gazzilion of targets

No that was just tooltip clarification that on 1 target only 1 ua can be cast. You still can have ua on gazzilion of targets
    But you can only have one Corruption on one target, or one Immolate on one target, or one Shadow Word: Pain/Devouring Plague/Vampiric Touch on one target.

Putting it in the tooltip is pointless when it overwrites itself anyways.

And wasn't the UA on one target binded to Immolate, as well, so it's "one or the other"?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

6 yards...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashta View Post
    6 yards...
    would be enough if the one who dispells it suffers but this way it´s a nice little bonus

I am ok even if it ends up 'the dispeller gets horrored and not all nearby targets'.

i'd actually prefer it to be a stun, so it doesn't interfere with psychic horror DRs.

my main problem with it is that it seems the duration is nerfed because it's aoe, when in practice it won't hit more than one target all that often.

for sure, when it does hit 2-3 extra people it's going to be gamebreaking (then again, shadowfury is targeted, bigger, and hits hard as well), but i'd still rather it be single target - dispeller only - so the duration can perhaps be longer.

THAT SAID, i am still mega hyper excited for it, even if it doesn't change. i just think it isn't IDEAL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    i'd actually prefer it to be a stun, so it doesn't interfere with psychic horror DRs.

my main problem with it is that it seems the duration is nerfed because it's aoe, when in practice it won't hit more than one target all that often.

for sure, when it does hit 2-3 extra people it's going to be gamebreaking (then again, shadowfury is targeted, bigger, and hits hard as well), but i'd still rather it be single target - dispeller only - so the duration can perhaps be longer.

THAT SAID, i am still mega hyper excited for it, even if it doesn't change. i just think it isn't IDEAL.

Psychic Horror is just name, in truth it is FEAR effect and FEAR has different DR then HORROR

Psychic Horror is just name, in truth it is FEAR effect and FEAR has different DR then HORROR
    ?

Are you serious?

like i understand the concept of different dr categories, but i've always assumed psychic horror was a horrify and not a fear

i'd jump online and easily test it by horroring a dummy, then fearing and looking at the duration, but my subscription ran out yesterday.

so other spriests: is this guy dumb or am i?
    Last edited by Annesh; 2010-08-05 at 04:00 PM.

Psychic Horror is a Horror, not a Fear. That's why when you fear someone and then use Paychic Hirror, it still lasts 3 seconds.