View Poll Results: When did you start playing?

Voters
488. This poll is closed
  • Vanilla

369 75.61%
  • Burning Crusade

97 19.88%
  • Wrath of the Lichking

20 4.10%
  • Cataclysm

2 0.41%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I started playing in vanilla, got my paladin to level 49 and then i did BG's alot. Then i quit till BC came out. In BC i leveled him to 70, did alot of pvp (not because i liked it but because it was easy to get gear this way). And then i did a little of kara raiding and then i quit again. But again returned with Wotlk, raided naxx25 and a little ulduar25 then i quit again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in the original WoW BETA for two years before the game was released in 2005. Started with Dwarf Mage. When they were removed, I switched to a Night Elf Druid.

Started a month after release, ran Strat/Scholo 100+ times getting my T1 Dungeon set... Cleared all Vanilla content to Sapphiron, took a 2 month break before TBC. Played all of TBC clearing all bosses through Sunwell, took a 2 month break before Wotlk. Finished leveling all 10 classes to 80 and clearing all bosses until Onyxia 2.0 was released and quit Wow because I was tired of re-used instances and bosses (Naxx, Onyxia...)50/50 if I'll come back for Cata.

Oh yeah started 3 days after the game came out in Vanilla.

I had an orc shaman using 2h wf madness i think, i loved one shoting people.
    Over 4 years(i think) i went from 1 to 58, with only a level 18 hunter alt.

The reason was that i almost all the time went ganking, i had over 20k KBs world pvp i think. Fun times but the game was shit that time, the interface etc i mean..

And god i hated pom pyro mages..
    Nani? *Shocked* Hohhe?

15+ Year Old Account
    Started in Vanilla at about the same time as BWL was introduced (patch 1.6 iirc). Been playing (and raiding) pretty constantly since then, with some minor hiatuses.
    Taking a break right now until Cataclysm hits.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started mid 2005. Raided hardcore (all vanilla raids).

Deleted
    started 2005 jun 8)

15+ Year Old Account
    Started on the second day of vanilla because the account-management site was down a lot, couple minutes after 12 though I started, played till the early morning slept a bit and continued.

I quit somewhere in February 2009 because I just got bored with the game, the Ulduar patch had been coming 'next week' for about 2 months and my server just went to shit, it still is today. The community is dead, almost every player that meant something on the server left and the assholes got in charge of the guilds completely destroying them in the process. There are still fun people on my old server, just not enough, the majority of my server plays for loot only, they log on 2 minutes before a raid and log off 2 minutes after.
    During these boring summerweeks I've been tempted to start again but for every good argument I think of I find multiple reasons that stop me from resubscribing.
    It's sad, but it's what it is and since blizard is actually promoting the killing of fun with every new expansion I have doubts that Cataclysm will make it better. I never had so much fun in BC or WotLK as I did in vanilla WoW.

I had a trial account in 2005 because two of my friends at school played it and listening to them talk about raiding and getting tier sets sounded kinda fun. They were horde so I made an undead priest but was completely put off by the undead starting area (it's so depressing and gloomy ). Then I tried an orc but again found the starting area boring, so I made a troll and was dismayed to find they had the same starting area as orcs. Finally tried a tauren druid but this was the last day of my trial so I didn't get very far.

That more or less put me off the game until 2007 when I overheard some people playing at college this time. They were alliance this time so once again I decided to make another trial account and give alliance a go. I made a gnome warlock and found the gnome/dwarven starting area so much more fun and intuitive to level in than any of the horde areas (to this day I struggle with getting past level 10 on horde characters, maybe I'll fare better after Cataclysm comes out) and when the 10 day period was up I ended up buying a subscription

So you could say I played in vanilla but really I started playing properly in about mid TBC, it was just before ZA was released I think.

I started 4 months after it was released in Europe, and my story goes like this:

Vanilla
    •Spent most of my time exploring (Like Hyjal and stuff)
    •Highest lvl was a 41 rogue
    •Spent my first month trying to find out how to get my lvl 11 troll out of Stranglethorn Vale.

The Burning Crusade
    •Made a draenei paladin -> level 67 by the end of The Burning Crusade.
    •Took a break from WoW almost all of the time TBC was the expansion, never liked it.

Wrath of the Lich King
    •Started reading about Beta etc.
    •Made a Death knight and a dwarf paladin -> Both 80
    •Done almost every single boss in the game
    •98% of the quests in Northrend completed
    •Got my first epic (full epic)

Yes, WotLK WAS kinda easy.

Cataclysm
    •Didn't look forward to TBC at all, only looked forward to WotLK because of Arthas; This expansion is going to be THE golden mosquito of my time in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Deleted
    Why is cata an option? D:

Vanilla, still remember when you could 8 man strat and scholo for classrun for that precious T0. And god I miss 40 man raids, was so epic. 40 man was kinda hard to manage though
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulpiercer View Post
    Who cares about the stun when warriors will be a friggin armored comet!

Vanilla was horrible.

The game as awhole was so bad it still makes me mad when people say "VANILLA <333"

Do anyone miss farming Resi gear? Do you miss having 10 people AFK in your raid? Do you miss farming gold 5 hours day and make 200g? Do you really miss having to buff evryone evry 15 minute and 2 minute blessings? Do you miss attunments?(ok they were OK but still, having them were annoying) Do you miss mount at 40 and epic ground at 60?.
    Last edited by macke; 2010-08-05 at 12:55 PM.

started 1 week after tbc launched.. did play in vanilla on my m8's account but dident get my own untill the start of tbc :P been hardcore ever since

Euro Beta (NE Hunter) then from day 1 of retail (Orc Hunter).

Swapped to my Tauren Shaman as main (when I found I was godlike when healing) when TBC hit and played him since with a Pally alt as a close second. Hated tanking, feel completely shite at DPS so ended up healing which I oddly enjoy.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass.”
    Bender, Futurama.

"Look at him. He runs like a Welshman. Doesn't he run like a Welshman? Doesn't he? I think he runs like a Welshman"
    Stewie, Family Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maîhden View Post
    I've played since june 2005, when people with dungeon 1 sets we're pro... D;

damn straight. I felt so beast with my full wildheart set, one of the best druid sets in game

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a trial account during Vanilla, but didn't end up buying the game (Because I had a girlfriend with whom I spent most of my time).

But I started properly later with a friend of mine after Illidan was released but before Quel'thalas.

Yeah started in Vanilla, account was made November 27 2004. Been playing a while.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

i started there, but i played 2 mounths and then TBC came, but i was still able to kill nefarian, and build a half t2 set.

Deleted
    Started playing July 2006, dinged 60 on my druid about 2 months before TBC launch, which I believe was in October/November 2006. Though back then I played a druid mainly cos it was cool to change into a cat, then realised cat druid were shit dps and so i was forced to heal in..well...half rogue gear half healing gear lol.