Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    And frost/fire mages lost focus magic.

It's a cruel world but you can always beg your nearest lock to put his buff on you if you're fire. With FB dot (if the damage is worth it), pyro dot, LB, ignite and flash burn you'll have 4-5 dots which is excellent to keep up the buff.

well, with the mages using FM on only other mages then im guessing that will be the case for warlocks also, putting it on other warlocks, or even druid healers, þeir hots critting will trigger it i heared.

I hope Blizzard tacks the movement speed increase to the Shaman version instead

For great justice.

All I have to say is...I knew it was coming. That speed bonus wasn't going to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dessan View Post
    Darn they took away mages ability to sprint around during the highest dps portion of an encounter that they surely want to miss out on by running all over the place while it's active Crud.

Americans probably won't understand what I just did.
    OH, hahahahaha you made a social commentary on the perceived nature of all the peoples occupying the region known as the United States of America on the North American continent! WOW you're just too hot to handle! Oh wait. You were making a unnecessary and rude generalization about people of said nationality? Well then sir. That's just not funny at all now is it.

On topic. I think this is good news for Mages as many people have stated in this thread thus far. Having so many mechanics tied to one ability, in this case only two, generally causes conflicts as to when it is best used. Much like Shamanistic Rage is now where an Enhancement Shaman must decide "Do I save it to get my mana back?" "Do I save it for damage reduction in case I get hit really hard?" or "Do I save it for when I'm next to the boss for my 2 set Tier 10 bonus?" Generally all three of those things don't happen at once, and in the end when you use it for one, it will be on CD if you need it for the other two (with exception regarding the 2 set and mana return).

A) Personally not that bothered by the change.
    B) Can't believe someone actually missed the sarcasm.

Deleted
    I hope we get some kind of electric spell

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno why they had it in the first place for mages utterly useless, however shamans could use this movement speed increase as they get the new spiritwalker's grace, that combo would probably work well in arena

I completely agree that it didn't make sense for mages to get a better bloodlust. I am just sad i didn't get to try it out in arena. I think it would of been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by lukeshep View Post
    I completely agree that it didn't make sense for mages to get a better bloodlust. I am just sad i didn't get to try it out in arena. I think it would of been fun.
    I don't know why shamans get so bent out of shape over this 'better' bloodlust. A better Bloodlust would have been 40% haste. Then your Bloodlust would actually have been worse. What Mages got was a run speed bonus while under Bloodlust. No spec of mage wants to move while under Bloodlust. No mage wants to blow such a powerful cooldown as Bloodlust just for the run speed. Shamans QQed just for the sake of QQing, still reeling under the horror that their raid spot was no longer guaranteed. The additional effect was relatively insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Makes sense, removes the temptation for horrible players with the reaction time of a brick to waste the cooldown moving out of fire on a boss. Since it is an important cd for group play after all, I don't think a personal-only buff fits very well with the bloodlust/heroism design anyway.

Pitty

I do not pitty you mages for this nerf!

Mages don't need such an speed cast increase, especially not in arena's with their already quick frost and arcanebolts. I hate how blizzard says they want to prevent homogenization, but still be victim of it.

regards, a unhappy shaman =(

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oleander View Post
    I do not pitty you mages for this nerf!

Mages don't need such an speed cast increase, especially not in arena's with their already quick frost and arcanebolts. I hate how blizzard says they want to prevent homogenization, but still be victim of it.

regards, a unhappy shaman =(
    "an speed cast increase"? the bloody hell does that mean? i'm trying to understand whether you're bitching about mages having bloodlust or the fact that it used to give a run speed increase. and what the bloody hell is an arcane bolt? there is so much confusing that i don't know where to began. OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING TO ME TOO!!!!!!!!
    BfA Beta Time

I'm ok with losing the speed buff if they make it a lvl 70 spell. Why should we get the SAME spell 15 levels later and give up a new spell slot for it when it's exactly the same as heroism/bloodlust? Doesn't make any sense! ><

Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    well, with the mages using FM on only other mages then im guessing that will be the case for warlocks also, putting it on other warlocks, or even druid healers, þeir hots critting will trigger it i heared.
    The problem is that it only last 7 seconds and only procs of DoT crits.
    Now lets say you're an affliction lock and you're in the raid with a destro lock and a fire mage.

Destro uses 2 dots: immolate is up permanently and conflagerate is only up for 6 seconds with a 10 CD.
    Fire uses 4 dots: fireball (it's supposed to do more damage), livinb bomb and flash burn are up permanently and pyro dot when you crit enough. Assuming ignite can't crit, it doesn't count.

Now we have 2 situations.

A: you can trade it with a different lock (like FM), so you permanently get 6% haste.
    You then chose between 3% haste and a lower chance to keep up the other part of the buff vs an increase chance to keep up the damage buff.

B: you can't trade it as you both get 3% haste, whereas FM only gives 1 person the crit rating.
    You chose the person who has the highest uptime of the buff, which is the spec with the most amount of dots or with the highest crit rating.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelynn View Post
    I'm ok with losing the speed buff if they make it a lvl 70 spell. Why should we get the SAME spell 15 levels later and give up a new spell slot for it when it's exactly the same as heroism/bloodlust? Doesn't make any sense! ><
    Because Shaman > Mage duh!
    Twitter: @heroes_nlegends
    Instagram:@theheroesandlegends
    Email: theheroesandlegends@gmail.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/theheroesandlegends
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL7...fNgDq7WERBpY7g

Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    lol tell me why we should have a 30% movement speed increase in the first place and shamans not
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    cuz we are mages
    First time on mage forums....LOL IM IMPRESSED.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Lol , new molten armor talent + 30% casting speed and +30% movement speed would be overpowered."

i wanted this sooo bad. =(
    Last edited by Horuss; 2010-08-09 at 06:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind. I wasn't planning on running around much while bloodlust/timewarp was up anyway.