Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tayman6 View Post
    As title says, what is the most powerful class lorewise?
    MIIIIIINNEEEEEE

/nerdrage

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logiic View Post
    W.e Sargeras is which is like a Warlock/Necromancer type
    Hes a titan not a class fool! /use mohawk grenade

15+ Year Old Account
    This varies and depends on which lore you focus on. Druids have Malfurion who is considered the most powerful mortal out there - but he's an exception and all of his power is granted by someone (Ysera, ancients, etc.). Shamans may cause massive earthquakes and conjure weather, but again, this is about exceptional shamans like Thrall. Warriors can wound gods (Broxigar vs. Sargeras) and loloneshot dragons (Varian vs. Onyxia). However I lean to Death Knights out of personal preference. An undead warrior enhanced with necromancy, feeling no pain or exhaustion, capable of raising servants out of your slain allies, and having an array of anti-magic tools like AMS, AMZ, and Dark Simulacrum - it's pretty strong.

Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    The most powerfull being ever in the history aka Sargeras was wounded only by a warrior.
    Only because of malfurion imbued hes axe with magic. from wow wiki "When Brox's axe was taken by the Moon Guards that captured him, the night elf Malfurion, under the forest demigod Cenarius' direction, created a mystical axe of wood that had the sharpness and density of a diamond"

http://www.wowwiki.com/Broxigar

Sargaras is immune to physical damage, and magic effect have only a small effect on him. arcording to lore.

And as other have said: Can't base it on only one powerfull lore charrater.

The most powerfull being ever in the history aka Sargeras was wounded only by a warrior.
    Well that warrior had a help. Quote from WoWWiki : " However, using the magical axe crafted for him by Malfurion, Brox did the impossible, and struck a small wound in Sargeras' leg. " So without the magical axe crafted by Malfurion, that warrior wouldn't do anything but die, and this way he gave Sargeras a small wound on his leg and then died.

Edit: Damn I was too late, damn you Druidpwn

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidpwn View Post
    Only because of malfurion imbued hes axe with magic. from wow wiki "When Brox's axe was taken by the Moon Guards that captured him, the night elf Malfurion, under the forest demigod Cenarius' direction, created a mystical axe of wood that had the sharpness and density of a diamond"

http://www.wowwiki.com/Broxigar

Sargaras is immune to physical damage, and magic effect have only a small effect on him. arcording to lore.

And as other have said: Can't base it on only one powerfull lore charrater.
    The weapon is as weak as the arm that swings it.

Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    The weapon is as weak as the arm that swings it.
    Sargeras had no reason to think Brox was even capable of hurting him. Had he known that the axe in Brox' hands was worthy enough to wound him, Brox would have been a stain on Sargeras' foot long before Brox could hurt him.

On topic, I would go Mage. Illidan, Azshara, Medivh, Aegwynn... The mages of Dalaran ripping a city out of the ground and KEEPING IT out of the ground...
    Last edited by MorbidLight; 2010-08-06 at 01:35 AM.

Paladins and Druids.

lore wise
    Paladin pwn all evil oriented classes {Warlocks, DK, Shadow Priest} also they pwn {Shaman and Warriors} which are common in the Orc relation.

They Pwn Rogues and Hunters lore wise.

Basically lore wise, Paladins are a combo of the WoW Paladin + WoW Warrior.

Blizzard had to even split the Paladin Lore class in half for WoW because they are too strong. Lore wise they are known as Paladin-Warrior <---see the name linking used here.

Druids are powerful because of Mal.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidLight View Post
    Sargeras had no reason to think Brox was even capable of hurting him. Had he known that the axe in Brox' hands was worthy enough to wound him, Brox would have been a stain on Sargeras' foot long before Brox could hurt him.
    i'm just surprised that people actually take that book seriously.

how am i supposed to believe that Brox, Rohnin, and some other dude went back in time and everyone was all not caring that they were a human and and a orc and stuff. i wouldn't take knaak seriously for the sake of my sanity.

oh and just because Mal is uberpowerful doesn't man druids are the most powerful.
    Warlocks, Priests, and Demon Hunters (even though not in game yet) are the most powerful classes.
    Last edited by Jistu; 2010-08-06 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids. The truth hurts, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    Teron (dk as i remember)
    yep hes the first dk ever lore wise.
    i support me thinks dk is the answer here

This.

Deleted
    Mage.

Norgannon, Medivh, Khadgar, Rhonin, Aegwynn, Nielas Aran (Killer of Noobs, No simple jester), Med'an to some extent, Azshara, Kel'thuzad, Krasus, Jaina Proudmoore and Kael'thas "Setback" Sunstrider. Team these guys up and I'd like to see who could stop them.

lol @ warlocks, I dont recall my self seing any warlock at Wc3 there must be some for sure but the lore behind it is so poor that is easy to forgot :

Paladin or Druid as many have stated ye, Warrior aswell as the most basic class of all
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk
    The goblins have allied with the horde in the past, so i assume that the Alliance force thought that the Goblins are once more in league with the goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by wangsta View Post
    yep hes the first dk ever lore wise.
    i support me thinks dk is the answer here
    Yeah but everyone is glossing over the fact that DKs in WC2 are VERY different from the Scourge-born DKs. The orcish DKs were orc souls put into dead human bodies (I may be wrong, please correct me if I am). That is FAR different than a former hero having his/her soul corrupted and cursed with eternal undeath and servitude.

And as far as the books... Didn't read them, but apparently Blizzard takes them seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Jistu View Post
    i'm just surprised that people actually take that book seriously.

how am i supposed to believe that Brox, Rohnin, and some other dude went back in time and everyone was all not caring that they were a human and and a orc and stuff. i wouldn't take knaak seriously for the sake of my sanity.

oh and just because Mal is uberpowerful doesn't man druids are the most powerful.
    Warlocks, Priests, and Demon Hunters (even though not in game yet) are the most powerful classes.
    Those are the books Blizzard seems to be basing their lore on recently.

From a 1v1 perspective, and in terms of maximum potential, then it would be quite close between mage, warrior, paladin, and shaman.

And from those it would come down to a massive clash of the greatest to have existed (Thinking Medivh, Uther, Thrall, Broxxigar/Gromscream).

Of those, well... I haven't the feintest idea.

In terms of lore characters that have existed, then, it depends on how you rate power. Combat? Influence? Chance that they will rally an army and obliterate you?

Edit for more clarity of reasoning.

The top list is compiled on individual potential. It takes several warlocks to summon something big. Death Knights are power-capped to an extent as they were given their powers, not trained and self-honed(And only the Lich King has completely uncapped power in that sense, though even he relies on others to create an army, not individual prowess).

I could give a bit more reasoning but I'm kinda tired.
    Last edited by Cyaska; 2010-08-06 at 02:00 AM.
    Obviously the best death knight in the world, ever.

Deleted
    Paladins.

Immune to disease, ability to heal, protected by the light....bubble hearth.

Gotta give huge props to Bolvar as well, wasn't he a warrior? He withstood everything that Arthas threw at him in his attempts to break his soul, and ultimately came through with his soul (mostly) intact.

1. Shaman = Druid
    2. Warlock = Paladin (Maybe mage as well here)
    3. Mage
    4. Priest = Death Knight
    5. Rogue = Warrior = Hunter

Simple opinion nothing more nothing less. Trying not to base it completely off lore characters. (Else Broxigar would have shot warriors to number one. Yes he is a warrior but it's about warriors in general not just one person.)