Page 1 of 2
LastLast

cataclysm ships early october?

Hey guys! i just went to gamestop after seeing the stupid thread about it being realeased in 2011, but i saw the cataclysm strategy guide available for pre-order and it said ships on october 26'th 2010. Im not sure if the guides ship before the expansion but my guess is that cata might just ship right before or a few days after blizzcon. post your ideas on this and whatever.... its just a speculation and not real proof

heres the link
    gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product%5FID=76777[/url]
    ( icant make real links yet apparently :/

Can someone check this? It is a first-poster...
    ~Alexstrasza runs in, gets frozen for the ENTIRE battle then realizes she can breathe fire, jumps out, lets YOU kill him, then steals the spotlight with the whole BRAVE SOLDIERS THANK YOU FOR AIDING ME crap and goes on her merry way.
    Then again THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A EARTH ASPECT But then thrall GASP Takes Deathwings chin and becomes the new NELTHRALLION!

~Edit~ My past self must be some sort of a prophet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamestop is notorious for making up dates when one hasn't been released.

No need to check it, just because Gamestop puts up a supposed date doesn't mean it's accurate.

thats what i thought, just an interesting post

i mean uhh, not post but.... find i guess not sure what word i should use :?/

Yeah, I wouldn't trust GameStop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

That does seem like an accurate date though.

blizzard said today that its was gonna ship Q4 2010, ( oct,nov,dec )
    * shrugs * tahts the only reason i found it suspicous

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Dog View Post
    That does seem like an accurate date though.
    Trust me, Gamestop won't know any sooner than the general public does.

Many stores simply have to have a date in the computer in order to take pre-orders and thus Gamestop has made what they think is a reasonable guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Garekh View Post

Many stores simply have to have a date in the computer in order to take pre-orders and thus Gamestop has made what they think is a reasonable guess.
    I'm not saying Gamestop is accurate. I'm saying an October release date seems accurate. I know Gamestop is notorius for their fake release dates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait for the official release date, there's no point asking anyone else or counting on other people's guesses. Just wait.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Hi, I'm a Gamestop employee.

The company puts guess dates for upcoming releases in order to give customers an estimate as well as have the pre order available at all. There's no real way to put a pre order down on a game without a date. While some games do not have official release dates, Gamestop manages to do a pretty good job estimating.

In the case of Cataclysm, they probably did look at previous expansion trends. Beta started X months before the release, so the release date might be Y. Things like that.

Just ask an employee; we'll be happy to tell you the truth about it. At least at my store.
    Jaime the Famous Warlock. Ravenholdt-US, reppin' my hood.

Oh man! An official release date from Gamestop!

Let me put in my pre-order now along with my 10 dollar deposite--

waaaaaait a minute...

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Garekh View Post
    Even if they did they wouldn't be able to give an exact date until Blizz gave them the go-ahead. In the computers the game is listed at "November 1st", which ISN'T a Tuesday. That means that the company is assuming sometime in November or it means that Blizzard or Activision told the company "sometime in November", hence the November 1st which is just a blanket category for "sometime November."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Explosion
    "We're mostly water and bleach is mostly water, therefore we are bleach."

Quote Originally Posted by MarikLaw View Post
    Even if they did they wouldn't be able to give an exact date until Blizz gave them the go-ahead. In the computers the game is listed at "November 1st", which ISN'T a Tuesday. That means that the company is assuming sometime in November or it means that Blizzard or Activision told the company "sometime in November", hence the November 1st which is just a blanket category for "sometime November."
    That's another thing. If it's listed as the first or last of any month it's usually very tentative. Basically, they're saying Q4.
    Jaime the Famous Warlock. Ravenholdt-US, reppin' my hood.

Quote Originally Posted by MarikLaw View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but what does Tuesday have anything to do with it? Pretty sure Wrath was released on a Thursday. Anyway, yeah release dates given by retailers are just estimates. Don't trust anyone till Blizzard announces the official release date.

15+ Year Old Account
    Battosi08, games are always released on a Tuesday. Comic books are Wednesday. Been like that for years.

Not always. Definitely not always. There are plenty of exceptions to the Tuesday rule. I believe Wrath was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by danawhitaker View Post
    Not always. Definitely not always. There are plenty of exceptions to the Tuesday rule. I believe Wrath was one of them.
    Not always, but yes, for the most part Tuesday is release day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think that they would release is few days before Blizzcon.
    I mean, who would come there?