Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Honestly, more I think of it, more I want it to be the Legion Worlds. Enough of the Old Gods for a time (after Cataclysm, of course).

Well since sargeras will most likely be the final boss of WoW or something similar to that I think there is little chance of the next expansion being about the burning legion home world so I will guess either emerald dream or maelstrom based perhaps both

Catclysm part 2: Cataclysm!

No one would see it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    The only two villains I can think of are Azshara and Nozdormu. Neither of them have enough surrounding them to fill up an entire expansion, so Blizzard will have to progress the lore on them. As they did with Deathwing.
    I disagree, the Infinite Dragonflight does indeed need more fleshing out to be a worthy force but Azsharas got plenty (and she has a key side role in the Cataclysm plot).

I fully expect to fight Azshara in a great sea expansion next for 85-90 and then as much as I hate the idea back to planet hopping demon hunters. (as Tauror says, we're running out of enemies)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    Well since sargeras will most likely be the final boss of WoW or something similar to that I think there is little chance of the next expansion being about rue burning legion home world so I will guess either emerald dream or maelstrom based perhaps both
    I'm starting to doubt that Sargeras will be the final enemy, since the Old Gods are taking the main antagonist position. Heck, according to Blizz, there are Old Gods on other worlds now.

I'm seeing a Titans vs Old Gods final expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe an expansion all about time travel? It's an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Maryever View Post
    We have spent 2 out of 3 expansions on Azeroth, it is time to go somewhere else. Take the fight to the enemy.
    TRUE THAT, it would be awesome to stop sitting around defending our land constantly.

Deleted
    Mealstrom/Sea expansion pack GUARANTEED. Im willing to bet everything I have on it.

Azshara is being introduced in this expansion, she is set as a major lore character in this expansion but interestingly she isnt a boss. Meaning we will learn about her and then face her in the next expansion.

The sunken city of vashjir I beleive is a beta zone for what a lot of the zones in the mealstrom expansion will be like. They had to make 1 zone in this expansion first to see how it goes then if it goes well, they can develop that technology further.

Also with the in game mealstrom zone, and everything being sucked inwards even moreso, it sets up the possibilities of islands such as kultiras and nazjatar to be sucked closer to the mealstrom and then be part of the mealstrom expansion.

Also, Sargeras's tomb is in the mealstrom, and Azshara was at one time attempting to summon Sargeras to azeroth, so it would also make way for the final expansion of wow in which we face Sargeras, kil'jaeden, etc etc.

Bosses such as norzdormu and LK2.0 etc can be lesser tier bosses in the 2 expansions respectively. I can see norzdormu being one of the final bosses of WoW, and as always the Old Gods would appear in the two expansions with the whole Old God storyline being wrapped up in the last expansion.

I can definately see enough bosses, raids and lore for these 2 expansions, and if blizzard still hadnt released their new mmo and wanted to milk more money from the cow, they can just add new lore afterwards or get Knaak to write some more shit.

Thats my 2 cents anyways. Peace out.

Well isn't the main antagonist Xavius in the Emerald Nightmare defeated by Malfurion in Stormrage? so what villain is there left in the emerald nightmare?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varuni View Post
    I think legions worlds will be the final expansion, with Sargeras as the final boss. If not the final, then the penultimate expansion, with some battle on the old god or titan home world.

I think the next on - levels 85-90 - will be a battle against the next old god, as in the old god is the main villian, or agaisnt the naga and other creatures of the abyss.
    This.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwaus View Post
    Well isn't the main antagonist Xavius in the Emerald Nightmare defeated by Malfurion in Stormrage? so what villain is there left in the emerald nightmare?
    The Old Gods.

That's why I prefer something else. Cataclysm is already a major Old Gods expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Purdey View Post
    Catclysm part 2: Cataclysm!

No one would see it coming!
    But i DID see what you did there!
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntage View Post
    Mealstrom/Sea expansion pack GUARANTEED. Im willing to bet everything I have on it.

Azshara is being introduced in this expansion, she is set as a major lore character in this expansion but interestingly she isnt a boss. Meaning we will learn about her and then face her in the next expansion.

The sunken city of vashjir I beleive is a beta zone for what a lot of the zones in the mealstrom expansion will be like. They had to make 1 zone in this expansion first to see how it goes then if it goes well, they can develop that technology further.

Also with the in game mealstrom zone, and everything being sucked inwards even moreso, it sets up the possibilities of islands such as kultiras and nazjatar to be sucked closer to the mealstrom and then be part of the mealstrom expansion.

Also, Sargeras's tomb is in the mealstrom, and Azshara was at one time attempting to summon Sargeras to azeroth, so it would also make way for the final expansion of wow in which we face Sargeras, kil'jaeden, etc etc.

Bosses such as norzdormu and LK2.0 etc can be lesser tier bosses in the 2 expansions respectively. I can see norzdormu being one of the final bosses of WoW, and as always the Old Gods would appear in the two expansions with the whole Old God storyline being wrapped up in the last expansion.

I can definately see enough bosses, raids and lore for these 2 expansions, and if blizzard still hadnt released their new mmo and wanted to milk more money from the cow, they can just add new lore afterwards or get Knaak to write some more shit.

I am also betting 2g on this.
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

Deleted
    they registered the maelstrom i think. The emerald dream would make more sense... i'd make a suggestion

The emerald dream 1 and the last one will be called "The maelstrom". That would be a logic order.
    Only 50% of warcraft lore is used up to now

Quote Originally Posted by Maryever View Post
    We have spent 2 out of 3 expansions on Azeroth, it is time to go somewhere else. Take the fight to the enemy.
    Agree.After Cata everyone will be vommiting from it as most of players vommit from Northrend nowadays.
    we are too...err, we need more and more.more and more shiny. blizz will have a hard time doing this.

I'm guessing the Emerald Dream. There is so much lore in cataclysm where you have to go into the dream. Like the quest where malfurion sends you into this cave to talk to some druid friend and you get attacked by emerald nightmare creatures.

Deleted
    I will take that bet. It just doesn't make sense spending so much time on Azeroth. I will not deny that Azshara is badass, but we are not going to just stay on Azeroth for the rest of our WoW careers. Kil'jaeden is one bad mofo with just about every race having a reason to hate him. We are going to have to kill him at some point, and I think it will be next.

Time travel would be interesting, but I think they see the Caverns of Time as more of a way to flesh out the current story with background than as an expansion area.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Oh my god, I had the EXACT same theory about Kul Tiras/Zandalar. And yes, a great seas x-pac would be awesome. (If they introduced Guild vs Guild combat there, with small camps and such, it'd be neat too).

EDIT: Maelstorm might be sealed, but what about the Great Seas? Remember Blizzard said Kul Tiras moved further away, hinting at something there And if you want to know about this... Well, there was a forum topic about it on the WoW forums, up to ya to search it.
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2010-08-06 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    Its warcraft, weve only just started making mechanohogs in the game, you think were gonna have the technology to fly to other planets full of shit we dont know? Doubt it.

The only time we will leave is the last expansion when we go out to the demon planets to face sargeras and kiljaeden.

To all those people saying Emerald Dream - Its NOT going to happen, the whole emerald dream storyline was wrapped up in the book, and the most its gonna be now is a single raid - it wont ever be a full expansion or even a big part of an expansion, its just gonna be an Ulduar, or an SSC or TK, or even an entry level raid.