Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wtf do I do against resto Druids?

So I did a 3v3 earlier. I play Affli Lock/Dpriest/Warrior. We come up against Double Arcane/Resto Druid.

We kill a mage right as our priest dies. Then the other mage kills my warrior team mate. Its me versus a PvE arcane mage/resto druid. I am able to fear the resto druid away long enough to get a gib kill on the mage, leaving me 1v1. The resto druid resumes to running giant ass circles around the outside of the dalaran area, constantly hiding behind pillars ect. He never has mana except when he innervates which I drain, but hes able to keep himself up with 1-2 lifeblooms and a rejuv.

How am I suppose to beat him?

15+ Year Old Account
    Devour magic the innervate. Silence and death coil offensively. Drain to keep him at zero not to counter innervate

R.I.P. YARG

Keep dots rolling and drain mana,use your fel puppy to eat the innervates with devour magic, when drain mana forces the shift to bear form go hard and if they get to 40 % death coil and drain soul. Aff locks are actually one of the classes that can beat a resto druid =p

damn it gherkin ur 2 quick shoo =)

Quote Originally Posted by tyden49 View Post
    Keep dots rolling and drain mana,use your fel puppy to eat the innervates with devour magic, when drain mana forces the shift to bear form go hard and if they get to 40 % death coil and drain soul. Aff locks are actually one of the classes that can beat a resto druid =p

damn it gherkin ur 2 quick shoo =)
    Its impossible to devour magic with barkskin up and 2-4 hots rolling an innervate.

He doesnt go bear form to avoid mana drain because hes able to sit at 0-1000 mana and keep himself alive with life blooms and solace.

Its not like hes trying to save mana to kill me or anything, hes literally just stalling to make me leave.

Maybe he just badly out geared me. It was only at like a 1300 pr so I don't see how, but yea.. I'm at 3100 spell power w/ 670 or so haste.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2010-08-07 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OoMally View Post
    use your puppy!
    Much LOL at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Its impossible to devour magic with barkskin up and 2-4 hots rolling an innervate.

He doesnt go bear form to avoid mana drain because hes able to sit at 0-1000 mana and keep himself alive with life blooms and solace.

Its not like hes trying to save mana to kill me or anything, hes literally just stalling to make me leave.

Maybe he just badly out geared me. It was only at like a 1300 pr so I don't see how, but yea.. I'm at 3100 spell power w/ 670 or so haste.
    keep your dots up and drain till he is 0 mana even if he has no mana keep draining mana then when he gets low coil/spell lock profit, i understand what you are saying with innervate but you still should be able to oom him with drain mana

it might take a few minutes maybe even 15-20 if the druid is smart but you will get him/her

edit***** link your armory i mean it shouldnt make much of a difference, but just to check
    Last edited by tyden49; 2010-08-07 at 02:24 AM.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Iron&cn=Paldot

And thats what I was doing, draining him, but he constantly had one life bloom up that would give him back 800 mana, and keeping solace at 8 stacks. I wasn't doing any damage to him. Plus I had to do a ton of movement

ur spec looks fine, gear wise you need try and get ur spell pen up a lil higher 120 i think it is. But other than that i cant help you maybe the druid was just a better player than you / outgeared you

you smash your head into the wall and hope that hes bad or your going to be there for a looooong time bud just sayin

well if the druid is not terrible he will cyclone you root your pet and sprint away to get out of combat and then stay stealthed till full on mana or he will rez his partners derp.

As a Hunter….I silencing Shot…..Scatter Shot…….Readyness Silencing Shot….Scatter Shot.

Between those I fit in as many other shots as I can and Tranq shot to take a Hotted heal off him…

If you have another DPS focusing him as well odds are he will die.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In WORLD PVP 1v1 I have found its best to attack a resto druid with PVE gear on..cause if he isn’t dead by the time you use up your CC….u are prolly gonna die…

NOTE an ice trap can interrupt his spell cast even if it breaks immediately…

If the Tree is already hotted up with heals at the start of the encounter…you can trap him and wait for them to fall off before you hit him with Silence/Scatter.

Don’t forget to Fear Beast if for whatever reason he shifts into bear or cat.

I have never played as a warlock........so my only answer to this is.....get a Hunter on your arena team?
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Quote Originally Posted by HammondQ View Post
    As a Hunter….I silencing Shot…..Scatter Shot…….Readyness Silencing Shot….Scatter Shot.

Between those I fit in as many other shots as I can and Tranq shot to take a Hotted heal off him…

If you have another DPS focusing him as well odds are he will die.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In WORLD PVP 1v1 I have found its best to attack a resto druid with PVE gear on..cause if he isn’t dead by the time you use up your CC….u are prolly gonna die…

NOTE an ice trap can interrupt his spell cast even if it breaks immediately…

If the Tree is already hotted up with heals at the start of the encounter…you can trap him and wait for them to fall off before you hit him with Silence/Scatter.

Don’t forget to Fear Beast if for whatever reason he shifts into bear or cat.

I have never played as a warlock........so my only answer to this is.....get a Hunter on your arena team?
    really doesnt help the OP at all, he didnt ask what he should do as a hunter against a resto druid he asked as a lock, and if he was looking for a partner to help him kill a resto druid he could find a better one than a hunter

Quote Originally Posted by tyden49 View Post
    really doesnt help the OP at all, he didnt ask what he should do as a hunter against a resto druid he asked as a lock, and if he was looking for a partner to help him kill a resto druid he could find a better one than a hunter
    Thanks for being a dick about it.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

To my experience, he must be a very bad druid for you to stand a chance.
    There has been even some blues of GC about Healers/DPSers balance in 1v1, and he clearly stated that they do not balance the game in that way, a healer have to outclass a dps, because otherwise he would be useless in a 3v3/5v5 enviroment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep Dots rolling while draining his mana, while using Devour Magic and Spell Lock pretty much at cd(save a devour for Innervate), while keeping him feared, dcéd. You will eventually out damage his hots.

Oh... pretty risky but...
    - Wait until both his trinket and Innervate are on CD.
    - Drain all of his mana while you wait for Fear's DR to end, put your pet on him,
    - fear him and throw a SBolt while he's feared
    - SBolt will brake Fear, devour him just as SBolt lands
    - fear him again, throw another SBolt
    - silence him just as SB lands
    - DC him, another SBolt
    - All this while you have full dots rolling
    - He should be low enough for you to DS at that point and hopefully get a KB

Prey for an instant SBolt and you're set... But if any of these fail, or he gets feared behind a pillar or anything he'll get out and heal and you just lost a lot of mana/hp(through LT) so as i said it's risky...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

To my experience, he must be a very bad druid for you to stand a chance.
    There has been even some blues of GC about Healers/DPSers balance in 1v1, and he clearly stated that they do not balance the game in that way, a healer have to outclass a dps, because otherwise he would be useless in a 3v3/5v5 enviroment.
    Oh look! Another one of those: "Blizz doesn't balance pvp based on 1v1, so I have an excuse to perform poorly 1v1" -_-

maybe this is me..but how as a resto druid do you beat a lock... tbh i hardly arena much but i do play a tree and i have started a lock which has been very fun @48 atm

The heals affliction gets will out dps a druids damage by far. so I would expect if you keep applying pressure you will win or at least he might make a mistake...fear into open or something. he could also get behind on hots then punish him.

He will be weakest when he is trying to kill you since he will lack hots and chances are take risks.

15+ Year Old Account
    As the above said. It will take time if its a good restrodruid but he cant hurt you enough since you selfheal better than he damage. Time and preasure is always the case with a resto.
    Its about making him free of deminishingreturns and use that fear/how followed by a coil when hes low to execute, once DS is on properly he will die. Pillarhumping etc you just need to have the patiance for cos the killwindow will come, sooner or later.

Get him low and out of cover, then have spell lock, devour magic, coil, fears ready.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin View Post
    maybe this is me..but how as a resto druid do you beat a lock... tbh i hardly arena much but i do play a tree and i have started a lock which has been very fun @48 atm

The heals affliction gets will out dps a druids damage by far. so I would expect if you keep applying pressure you will win or at least he might make a mistake...fear into open or something. he could also get behind on hots then punish him.

He will be weakest when he is trying to kill you since he will lack hots and chances are take risks.
    The druid isn't trying to dmg him. He just runs and pillar humps as much as he can.