Thread: Lving 60-80

10+ Year Old Account

Lving 60-80

Alright first off i would like to say i tried the link in the sticky to a lving guide but it was down, so I'm going to post here. I lv'd my rogue to 60 awhile ago around the time Ulduar came out, and then i stopped at 60. I want to lv her to 80 but I'm completely lost. So my question is what spec/weapons/poisons/spells should I be using....like I said I'm completely lost. Looking the least down time as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Least downtime possible would mean spec combat. Use double slow weapons with wound poison and burst your way from mob to mob (build up combo points with Sinister Strike, use Eviscerate for your finisher, use your Killing Spree/Blade Flurry/Adrenaline Rush whenever they're up).
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    Least downtime possible would mean spec combat. Use double slow weapons with wound poison and burst your way from mob to mob (build up combo points with Sinister Strike, use Eviscerate for your finisher, use your Killing Spree/Blade Flurry/Adrenaline Rush whenever they're up).
    Fast OH for energy reg

If you are running around in the 6 to 7 boas you can have, 7 if you have the ring, I would go Hemo, shadow step makes chain pulling much faster, combat is also another great choice since its the only one that can hit multiple targets. I would go with instant and deadly poisons also

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If you are running around in the 6 to 7 boas you can have, 7 if you have the ring, I would go Hemo, shadow step makes chain pulling much faster, combat is also another great choice since its the only one that can hit multiple targets. I would go with instant and deadly poisons also
    You don't need heirlooms for anything..

Imo combat is way more fluent than sub and not so tiring

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugsy View Post
    Alright first off i would like to say i tried the link in the sticky to a lving guide but it was down, so I'm going to post here. I lv'd my rogue to 60 awhile ago around the time Ulduar came out, and then i stopped at 60. I want to lv her to 80 but I'm completely lost. So my question is what spec/weapons/poisons/spells should I be using....like I said I'm completely lost. Looking the least down time as possible.
    I've been spec swapping from 50 on my rogue (currently 74 and leveling) and while Combat is undoubtably the most efficient, Sub can be great fun if you're into "acting like a Rogue."
    In fact, Muti is good as well although if you're used to Combat rotations, Muti itself can be a pain due to its energy cost.
    If you're looking to fly through the levels with little effort, just spec Combat. But all specs are viable if you're willing to put in the time/effort.
    Good luck

Combat all the way. SLOWWW MH fast OH. Or wait till Cataclysm, Recoup means zero downtime. Don't go sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niero123 View Post
    Fast OH for energy reg
    Why would you need energy regen when killing mobs? You don't need any form of sustained damage. You regen all the energy you need during your transition from one mob to the next. Two slow weapons with Wound Poison is pretty much a guaranteed proc each time the weapon lands.

EDIT: To make things clear for the OP, when you reach the level cap and start running dungeons, your setup will be slow (2.6) MH, fast (1.5) OH. While questing, you'll want to run with two slow (2.6) weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

If you're not in a hurry to 80 and want to feel like a rogue while gaining levels: go Sub. It's great fun!

The best leveling spec is combat though.

Deleted
    Dual spec into sub and combat, when you think you need lots of aoe killing -> combat.... when it's single target, go sub and 2-shot your enemies.

for all your leveling needs

Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    Dual spec into sub and combat, when you think you need lots of aoe killing -> combat.... when mobs are so spread out that single target is your only option, go mutilate and 2-shot your enemies.
    fixd

Quote Originally Posted by Niero123 View Post
    You don't need heirlooms for anything..

Imo combat is way more fluent than sub and not so tiring
    you dont need them but damn near everyone has all of them and if you did why wouldnt you use them? with rouges kinda like warriors you wpns can make the choice for you on the type of spec you play. with the boa daggers hemo is one of the better dps options you can make, when it comes down to it they all work the old stuff is so watered down you could do it in white gear and still blow up numbers as long as you learn that class

im also lvling a rogue atm.did a bit of spec swapping between cobat and sub.what i found is with sub a single target goes down realy fast, but it gets a bit messy when a second and third mob joins in.also it felt like the regen was a bit slower then combat.with bombet u can kill multi targets at a time.evene if there is 5. i find it much faster aswell.i dont even bother stealthing any more.just run in, spam sin and finish with evis.i pretty much save my CDs for when more mobs joins in and also cos im on a PvP server it help when i get attackd.put deadly poison on a fast OH.the BoA daggger is good i find.and a slow MH with instant poison.my sword is 2.70 speed.a must is glyph of sinister strike aswell.

as combat i do 1 lvl every 3.5 hours. thats what time i took from 75-78(thats with alot of skinning)
    Last edited by holyman; 2010-08-11 at 07:41 AM.