What is Holy Power?

I heard about it alot for cataclysm, something about it becoming a major mechanic or something. What exactly is it? Is it similar to soul shards or what? Some explanations to clear this up would be useful.

We don't really have an official word from Blizzard, but this gives you a good idea of what Blizz will probably do with it.

As i've come to understand it, it's a new resource which can be gained through specific mechanics. For instance, holy paladins can gain it through use of holy shock and healing the beacon target (if talented). Once you gain holy power (which stacks up to 3), you may use them on different abilities based on your spec. Holy paladins get a mana free, instant heal, tanks get to use shield of righteousness for the holy shield effect, and then retribution get to use them for damaging attacks. I may not be 100% accurate on all this, but as far as I've read, this seems to be the case

Holy Power is a new secondary resource system for Paladins. A bit like combo-points for Rogues/Cats and Runic power for DK's. One major difference is that it only stacks up to 3.

See here for more details.

Hope I'm not being trolled.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.