Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardolan View Post
    Retribution Paladins likely aren't going to have time, or any desire, to use Consecration in Cataclysm.
    Well yeah
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Jaitee View Post
    so in cata concecrate is getting a 30 second CD

concecrate is a prot pallys only true AoE (holy shield requires you to block SoCom only hits 3 same with HotR and AS)

they are making holy wrath usable on any target type but they said they didnt want prot using it so we dont have anything to improve it unless they give it a really short CD prot is going to have alot of trouble tanking adds and trash since we wont have anything to hit them all with

so unless im missing something if this change goes through then tanking on a pally is going to be unbearable
    welcome back to burning crusade heroics, better get used to ccing and marking now or most of your groups will just go splat

Quote Originally Posted by manageri View Post
    They said they're reducing the amount of mobs you can tank anyway by making them smash you harder (to make CC worth a damn again) so we shouldn't even need to be able to tank 10 mobs in cata. Even if they completely removed consecration I would still expect decent pala tanks to be able to keep half a dozen mobs or so with some work, considering that warriors managed it through all of TBC with a two-target cleave and thunderclap as their only aoe.
    Here's hoping for all mobs hitting for 20k in Cataclysm! lol
    Seriously though, I know those first groups in Cat will totally ignore all this effort Blizz is putting forth and struggle hardcore until one of two things: (1) People will attempt build their off-specs and gear exclusively for tanking multiple mobs without CC, (2) Dps will ignore CC, AoE, and die repeatedly (blaming the tank all the way). I'm thinking it'll take a couple weeks for people to relearn patience and start playing smart (play s-mart).
    "Your arrogance will be your undoing" - Lord Jaraxxus (aka Lord Jerry)

Quote Originally Posted by zera View Post
    Tbh the only problem with less aoe tanking is for prot palas in low lvl instances which is ment for the random aoe zergfest (especialy after they nerfed the shit out of them to make it easier for bad ppl)
    They haven't changed the difficulty of instances, it's simply the heirlooms and players knowing what to do. Low level instances were never hard, and now having heirlooms with hax stats they are just easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Deleted
    Oh. Probably most of the people QQing are the ones who have started their journey with wow in wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    this will also be retarded for retri pala dps, i hope its not final verison. 15s duration and no CD was way better
    Ret is prolly gona have an aoe rotation different from single target rotation thats prolly gona look like:

CS>consecrate>CS>HW>CS>DS>CS and from there change depending on divine purpose procs

Consecration did not need to be changed to make CC needed again. All through TBC prot paladins could aoe tank way better than druids or warriors but often they did not do it. The reason being that many groups had at least one nasty critter in it that did something bad. Abomination in Hyjal? Most of Magister's Terrace....

They changed it so that it wasn't a button we always hit. It is that simple.

Deleted

concecrate is a prot pallys only true AoE (holy shield requires you to block SoCom only hits 3 same with HotR and AS)

they are making holy wrath usable on any target type but they said they didnt want prot using it so we dont have anything to improve it unless they give it a really short CD prot is going to have alot of trouble tanking adds and trash since we wont have anything to hit them all with

so unless im missing something if this change goes through then tanking on a pally is going to be unbearable
    there's a prot talent that increases the duration of consecration by 15/30 seconds.

im not saying that we need to be able to AoE everything but there are circumstances when u get them big packs of little guys running in...think SSC that sea giant guy with the army of murlocs now tell me how we would tank them with no AoE and before somone says tab target it would take about 10 seconds to tab target through them all and we would have to run all over the place tab targetting them off the healers as we have nothing to pick them up initially with

conc already had its small amount of damage reduced (they halved its damage scaling in cata) we either need conc on a shorter CD or we need another AoE

---------- Post added 2010-08-08 at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    there's a prot talent that increases the duration of consecration by 15/30 seconds.
    was removed just reduces the mana cost now and increases the damage

The idea is to make you think more as a pally tank. You have a talent to make your consecration tick longer. First off, it beta. If they put a CD on it NOW, yeah, we'd be screwed but things are changing in cata to make AoE pulls harder and I'm sure there will be more threat added to our AoE moves. It's goingto be something you use when you round up all the mobs, they're in a good position, then consecrate. Use it at the wrong time and you could cause a wipe. That's the way it should be. Make you work and understand your class better. Not everything should be idiot proof.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Deleted
    It looks like a poor move, since we cannot choose which target to build threat on with HotR and Captain America's shield, nor do we now have a short cd aoe to pull adds.

personally, all that needs to be done is make SoCommand unobtainable for prots, and leave consecrate the same.

tell me how death knights are doing it then
    with a 30 sec cooldown on death and decay ( dont even talk to me about the talents that reduces the cooldown , good builds dont have it )
    also dont forget that atm it costs 3 runes and it does shit threat

so im sorry to break it
    but no more tanking while alt tabbed for you

Quote Originally Posted by mastertroll View Post
    tell me how death knights are doing it then
    with a 30 sec cooldown on death and decay ( dont even talk to me about the talents that reduces the cooldown , good builds dont have it )
    also dont forget that atm it costs 3 runes and it does shit threat

so im sorry to break it
    but no more tanking while alt tabbed for you
    they removed blood boil and pestilence?

You're bad. God forbid you have to actually make consecrate matter rather than spam it.

im not saying that we need to be able to AoE everything but there are circumstances when u get them big packs of little guys running in...think SSC that sea giant guy with the army of murlocs now tell me how we would tank them with no AoE and before somone says tab target it would take about 10 seconds to tab target through them all and we would have to run all over the place tab targetting them off the healers as we have nothing to pick them up initially with

conc already had its small amount of damage reduced (they halved its damage scaling in cata) we either need conc on a shorter CD or we need another AoE
    There's a couple things here:
    (1) Consecrate was/is a ridiculously expensive spell to cast.
    (2) It isn't a 'pickup' AoE spell as in Thunderclap, it's an AoE 'holder'. So, you need to have things stuck on you to begin with for it to begin being at all useful. It doesnt matter if you have one or one-hundred things running in anywhere, they'll just run through it.
    (3) Paladins (or any tanks for that matter) don't need an AoE anything anymore since there won't be mindless free trash money and loots pinata pulls like Naxx or ICC
    (4) You're gaining a significantly more useful and less expensive AoE spell that actually has AoE pickup capabilities (Holy Wrath) for the once or twice chance in the whole of the raid that more than one mob needs to be directed on you for a split sec before CC can be used.
    "Your arrogance will be your undoing" - Lord Jaraxxus (aka Lord Jerry)

10+ Year Old Account
    What's happening about that Blinding Shield spell they were on about ages ago? Is thet still happening or did they change their mind?

If only there was a similar, more expensive ability that other tanks used and got by just fine.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.