Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I guess what I REALLY want is either the Worgen, Humans, or Dwarves to really mess the Forsaken up somewhere. 's not like I dislike the Forsaken- favorite Horde race, one of my favorite races period- but they've been kind of getting off pretty easy considering how aggressive they are.

Oh, and a zone about Goblins versus Gnomes. How the hell did Blizzard miss that one? I mean, DUH.

---------- Post added 2010-08-10 at 12:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fusilero View Post
    I thought the Alliance makes more progress in Stonetalon than anywhere else, capturing the southern parts and all that - all we had before was a tiny village at the peak. All the Horde do is blow up a Cenarion, neutral, base. Also a guy in the beta said they take back Southshore, though I'm not sure if he's telling the truth or not
    I do not imagine they will retake Southshore, since it is UNDERWATER and all of the NPCs are in SILVERPINE FOREST. So that guy is full of it. Also: the quests aren't implemented yet. O_o
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

gilneas and darkshore are the only ones i know of

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    ever notice that anytime an alliance says this, a horde pops up out of the bushes and just says two words-- "Southern Barrens' lol

on a side note i think garrosh has improved somewhat--hes risen in my estimation cuz of how he 'fired' that general and why--and also that interlude with sylvanas in the undead chain-at least it seems better then before

i really hope we get some kind of territory stuff to be proud of this expac..i mean damn--and its not like ally want every zone, just a bone, ffs.

"im hoping the south shore survivers who turned into worgen burn tarren mill TO THE GROUND" gotta admit, that would be pretty cool lol
    Add Darkshore too, also, Southern Barrens is a current war post questing, and NO we don't get the shaft, FFS. I'm die-hard alliance, but use some damn logic, do you think Blizz would alienate the majority of the players? (Yea, 52% of us Horde) No, and we aren't at a great disadvantage, we moved in Southern Barrens (ended in a tie) Dustswallow needs some fixing... I'm just saying. Stonetalon is even, same for Ashenvale (check beta if you don't believe me) also, no matter what people say: WPL IS STILL BUGGED! Check Jesse Cox video, check goddamn WoWhead, no Alliance side quest. -.- Enough proof? Good, cause I'm a bit tired of the WPL argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elanale View Post
    I guess what I REALLY want is either the Worgen, Humans, or Dwarves to really mess the Forsaken up somewhere. 's not like I dislike the Forsaken- favorite Horde race, one of my favorite races period- but they've been kind of getting off pretty easy considering how aggressive they are.

Oh, and a zone about Goblins versus Gnomes. How the hell did Blizzard miss that one? I mean, DUH.

---------- Post added 2010-08-10 at 12:11 AM ----------

I do not imagine they will retake Southshore, since it is UNDERWATER and all of the NPCs are in SILVERPINE FOREST. So that guy is full of it. Also: the quests aren't implemented yet. O_o
    its not under water

its under liquid plauge

and yea all the humans of northern easternkingdoms are worgen now im sure they will play into the new hillsbrad foothills

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusilero View Post
    I thought the Alliance makes more progress in Stonetalon than anywhere else, capturing the southern parts and all that - all we had before was a tiny village at the peak. All the Horde do is blow up a Cenarion, neutral, base. Also a guy in the beta said they take back Southshore, though I'm not sure if he's telling the truth or not
    Well, you are right, but I'm talking post-questing in Cata, which ends in an even result. If you compare it to the current situation, then sure, we gained a lot, but I meant after questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    its not under water

its under liquid plauge

and yea all the humans of northern easternkingdoms are worgen now im sure they will play into the new hillsbrad foothills
    Well, I suppose we'll see. None of the zone NPCs are in yet, nor quests, but judging by the level bracket it is meant to encompass I find it unlikely it will be an Alliance zone. Which Alliance race would be sent there? Where would the breadcrumb lead from, and how would an Ally toon get there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I suppose we'll see. None of the zone NPCs are in yet, nor quests, but judging by the level bracket it is meant to encompass I find it unlikely it will be an Alliance zone. Which Alliance race would be sent there? Where would the breadcrumb lead from, and how would an Ally toon get there?
    how would we get there? same way we do now?

and i dont mean worgen players i mean worgen npcs and story

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    how would we get there? same way we do now?

and i dont mean worgen players i mean worgen npcs and story
    Unlikely, though. Blizzard's moved away from us having to hike on foot for half an hour to get to the next questing zone. Menethil is the northern EK answer to Hillsbrad, and Worgen are funneled, I believe (my Worgen is level 11 and the spec bug is crippling him, he's Mutilate the poor bastard), to Darnassus.

EDIT: my point being since Alliance don't actually play in that zone, I should be surprised if the Forsaken achieve less than utter victory. In fact, I'd call it highly suspect game design if they didn't win the day completely: if the Alliance players don't go there, why the heck not?
    Last edited by Elanale; 2010-08-10 at 12:27 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    All right, seems low levels could do the Uther's Blessing quest, although there are no registers of it, I guess I could believe them. But it's true, both quests end so... Weirdly. I mean, Horde have 0 flightpaths, and it wasn't epic, Alliance side... Well, what would they do with Thass? A comic book? It'd be SO lame.

While yes it seems the Alliance is losing they are not trying to give them the shaft or anything its all done to streamline the leveling process and make it cleaner.

Lets look at Classic leveling for a Dwarf for example:
    Dun Morogh > Loch Modan > Wetlands/Hillsbrad > Arathi > Hinterlands > WPL > EPL. Now you may think thats pretty streamlinable but if you wanted to level in Hillsbrad you had to go through Arathi and even then there weren't enough quests in Hillsbrad to go up 10 levels.

Now look at it in Cata:
    Dun Morogh > Loch Modan > Wetlands > Arathi > Hinterlands(With no need to go through Alterac either.) > WPL > EPL > Swamp of Sorrows(If EPL still gets that port.) > Blasted Lands. As a result a Dwarf or any Alliance that moves to level in Dun could level straight through to the Blasted Lands without having to jump all over the place like we currently have to.

Heres an Orcs progression in Classic:
    Durotar > Barrens > Ashenvale > Stonetalon > Desolace > Feralas > Silithus. Not bad but you still have to go through Tanaris, Thousand Needles, and Un'Goro to get to Silithus and even then not all those zones will get you through their 10 level requirement so you still have to jump around.

Now Orc progression in Cata:
    Durotar > Northern Barrens > Ashenvale > Stonetalon > Desolace > Feralas > Thousand Needles > Tanaris > Un'Goro > Silithus. Now you can go through the whole thing without jumping around but the option is still available because I'm sure some people would want to visit Southern Barrens which allows for Southern Barrens > Thousand Needles > Tanaris > Un'Goro > Silithus.

And there is also no need to jump around anymore unless you want to as the redone zones can always get you the 5 levels that they encompass.

So while lorewise the Alliance may be losing a little gameplay wise both sides especially the Alliance are gaining a lot.

It makes sense lore-wise though.

1. The Cost of War
    A large part of Stormwind's storyline is people becoming homeless and starving due to the war draining their economy and food supplies. Undead aren't living and thus don't have those needs. Arguably, while war devastates living races' economies, for undead like the Forsaken, it gives them bodies to bolster their numbers.

2. Troop Upkeep
    Living soldiers need supply lines to keep them fed and clothed. They need to set up camps to rest and recuperate. Undead soldiers only need to be supplied with weapons and armaments. They don't need to be fed, they don't need to be clothed, they don't need to stop to rest or set up camp to sleep, they don't need to worry about the elements, they don't need to worry about foreign illnesses.

3. Leadership
    Sylvanas is, according to Lore, quite a skilled tactician. She was a Ranger-General of Silvermoon since the Second War, I believe, and was one of Arthas's primary generals when she was a member of the Scourge, which means she probably has more military experience as a high ranking officer than most other faction leaders.
    Last edited by Rukari; 2010-08-10 at 01:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trulte View Post
    BOOOOOM!!!!!!!!! many dead elves

they dont lose, but they do not win either
    we bomb ourselves IE us being the horde, what can we say we were having an off day :P plus we delt with the situation he is splatter on the rocks around there some where.

Quote Originally Posted by chalmerz View Post
    Children aren`t old enough to get land.
    Then why does your faction have land? You clearly are a 12 year old.

Deleted
    Do not despair, my fellow alliance, if we lose on land, we will get it back.
    We got Rambo!