Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    My DK is named (as if you couldn't guess) Leviatharan.
    I picked it cause Leviathan and LeviathRan were taken on the server I made him on. :P
    I was willing to go to Levietharianth before switching to another mythical creature.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

i stole mine from LoZ, just like i did with my avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nourish- sick of being asked on my druid main if I'm a tank. I HEAL.

Shadowcrest- She's a deathknight. Shadows. Crests=runes, meh.

Circia- Goddess of arcane and wizardry irrc, i mixed up some letters. She's a mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nourish View Post
    Nourish- sick of being asked on my druid main if I'm a tank. I HEAL.
    u ofspec tnak gogo bear fomr
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

My first character that I didn't randomize came from a picture on the internet of a cuttlefish looking adorable with the text "Cuttlefish agrees!" I made it so I could go around /agree'ing. I thought it was damn clever. I liked it, and it stuck.
    It led to many, many aquatic themed alts such as, but not limited to: Catphish, pufferphish, swordphish, jellyphish, and shellphish.

Eithne: Middle Irish word for flame. Perfect for a mage.
    Talvisota: Finnish word for the failed Russian invasion of Finland during WW2. Fits for a Death Knight, considering the lore.
    Diviciacus: A magistrate (Gaulish: Vercobretos) of the Aedui people of Gaul during J. Caesar's conquest. Acted as an advisor on the lands and peoples of the Celtae and Belgae. Scholars think he was really a druid, but I used it for my fury warrior.
    Sequana: Gaulish place goddess of the River Seine in what is now France. Restoration Shaman.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    I steal my names from people on forums.
    Wait a second, do you play League of Legends and is your facebook name Rhys?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    A warrior is kinda like a blender.* You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.

Exarogg: Orc Death Knight, originally a belf. The name came to my mind randomly, and the double G makes
    the name complete imo.

Azakura: Night Elf Hunter: again randomly came to my mind, I just found it very fitting.
    (she is now an orc on a different realm) was also my first character

Exgromm: Orc Hunter: (ex-Azakura) I liked the ex sound from Exarogg, and I wanted the name to be easy
    to relate to my main character which is exarogg

Ashcroft: Undead Mage: Undead usually have normal human names. I decided to look up 'old english
    names', and in the entire list I found 'Ashcroft' very fitting

Dontrell: Troll Shaman: I looked up Jamaican names, and that's what came out of the box

Epilepsy: Blood Elf Rogue: Used to be a lv 19 which I was quite fond of, untill I realised I didn't
    care for doing WSG. I did get some nice achievements (arena grand master) and a title
    (the noble) I was trying to think of his name and couldn't come up with anything.
    I looked at the song I was listening to 'Epilepsy' by Therapy?
    Go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Syrcorax, male tauren warrior: I had read about astronomy in school and the planet Uranus has a moon called Sycorax. But it didn't sound correct to me, so I added an R. Later I found out Sycorax is also a character (witch) in William Shakespeare's The Tempest.
    Syrco, male tauren druid: Short for Syrcorax.
    Avondrood, male tauren druid: Means evening red in Dutch, but I didn't know before someone told me, picked it as Avon=name drood=druid.
    Tojopolaris, female troll shaman: Norwegian Maine Coon cattery.
    Alleriana, female night elf hunter: After ranger Alleria Windrunner.
    Pantalaimon, male orc rogue: A character in the books/movies His Dark Materials (The Golden Compass).
    Gresskar, female blood elf priest: Means pumpkin in Norwegian. Why? You know people in movies etc call their girlfriends or whatever pumpkin.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK - Zaraxiel: Don't know where it came from, just thought of it.
    Druid - Twisteh: Tribute to an old in game friend of mine who helped me learn the ropes, near the end of Vanilla. He was named Twistydru.
    Priest - Zaraxius: ...yeah
    Warlock - Altero: Got Syntic reserved for when its a Goblin in Cataclysm, Altero came from my DK, who was originally named Altaro.

My main Gnome Mage is named Lexxor.

I think I had a Lexon Flash Drive sitting next to me on the desk, 4 years ago. I tried it, and it was taken. (?)
    Lexxor was then born.

I have a Night Elf Rogue named Alurria. My friend always said the word alluring everytime he spoke about a Female Night Elf. I thought it fit well.

Cowt is a special case and the story is too long for me to pull here, but!--

Generally I make the looks for the character, and pick something fitting.

Athul - Orc Death Knight
    Voul - Draenie Paladin
    Pecan - Tauren Shaman (female)
    Reeb - Undead Rogue
    Teranil - Human Mage
    Rendor - Orc Warrior

And then I have my super-awesome Troll male name which is too good to place here.

- I can't actually explain how it's done, but the same ability is very handy when I create something graphical.

Synesthesia.

Necrachilles, Undead Rogue - Combination of Necro and Achilles so basicly Dead Achilles.

Steakshield, Tauren Prot Warrior - The only thing more delcious than a meatshield is a Steakshield!

Sparklelord, Blood Elf Paladin - Based on Sparklelord from the Dr. McNinja Series.

Ragelarious, Orc Shaman - Making fun of my friend Hitlarious/Chrislarious since he always rages.

Ravecat, Troll Druid - nuff said. Soon enough!

Usually a spinoff of my friends character names.