Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyran View Post
    Actually, the battlegrounds 'killed' World PvP. The flying mounts didn't really made it better though.
    there was still plenty of outdoor pvp action even when BG's came along. no not the tarren mill - soutshore zerg but pvp non the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    Forced pvp is not world pvp and its more ganking....on pvp servers stuff like forced pvp is part of the risk but i used to absolutely hate it when i would come out of a BG tagged for pvp only to find some idiot 5+ levels higher was blocking my way.

World pvp to me is massive battles over resource etc, not small ganking scraps....so to me world pvp died with BGs.

As i said i would love for them todo what WAR did and have open PvP/RvR zones that are constant pvp flagged and have more resources, and such...but i hate the idea of 'Forced' pvp.
    I never said anything about forced pvp. Your in a online world. You have enemies and you will encounter those enemies. Wheter a fight breaks out is uncontrolable it might but you also might ride past him and never see him again. that is world pvp. Yes you might not want to get in a fight at a certain moment and bam your getting attacked. DEAL with it.. thats just the way it goes and should go. (without unnecessary camping)

What you are asking for is an outdoor BG. Why would we want an outdoor bg? we have bg's...

And small gankign scraps? so 40 people going to naxxrammas and clashing with another raid is a small ganking scrap too ?
    No evrything wich happens and could happen is world pvp

why am i replying to you anyway. you sound like your on e PvE server or should be...

They should just make a daily quest hub that is a no fly zone like Isle of Queldanas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aether99 View Post
    This is just a rough idea, but if you really want to bring the war in warcraft back you need to essentially brainwash people heh.

You need to make someone so damn prideful in there race/faction that they /spit on the opposing faction and maybe even have some hostility towards other races in there own faction even (not nearly as bad obviously)

they need to be FROTHING at the mouth for a chance to kill someone of the opposing faction, they need to jump into world pvp or killing a faction leader because they want this virtual pixilate head.
    So you're saying we need the equivalent of Horde fanatics on the Alliance?
    Altho it would promote pvp which i love, i wouldnt wana end up like those fanatic horde players,
    spamming "for the alliance" 24/7, and being rude to everyone like a good keyboard-brawler.

(as you might have noticed on my sig, i havent touched my horde chars for like 3 years now =P due to the fanboism and the rudeness)

also the demoralization and mockery is a big component in any pvp type play. get item rewards that youc an use on the slain bodies of your enemies!
    i dissagree, i dont like the feeling of hating something.
    i pvp as a form of online sport, not because i hate some pixels, or because i wanna mock another player...

but if thats what it takes to promote pvp... oh wel... so be it...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    what if the raid weeklies were different faciton leaders?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    What Blizzard should do is add a World PvP spawn system, that randomly directs players to World PvP combat battles all over Azeroth that players would have to fight the other faction to control.
    that are both quite good ideas! big fan of this, I hope something like that comes up, but with some ... restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i dissagree, i dont like the feeling of hating something.
    i pvp as a form of online sport, not because i hate some pixels, or because i wanna mock another player...
    but this is also a good point ... I dont't like to ruin the gaming experience for someone else - but I think something like those two ideas up there would not really ruin the game (although it would be quite annoying if you try to level in an area which just became a warzone and tons of player come to bash each other, it reminds me too much of the old tarren mill)