Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It would be totally awesome if they made an (almost) unbeatable boss go insane on major cities and killed EVERYONE. If they seriously come up with some lame boring event where a few people dies and thats it, wow that would be lame.

Its 1 of the reasons wow is boring now. blizz never does anything that might kill us. "yay look at me im killing mobs for this quest!! omg im BBQ chicken!! if something interrupts me im gonna ragequit wow qq"

But you have 2 all ready:
    Hogger
    Heroic Training Dummy

I'm guessing you've not gone further than 4/12 in ICC?

Well, an "unbeatable" boss sounds kinda lame to me. What I'd love was to make a diablo clone style boss:
    Once in a while a server-wide message appears "*insert fancy name here* has awakened in Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms/Northrend/Outland", it'll replace any random rare mob there.
    Make it so it takes ridiculously long/hard to kill (like 1h or more) so every player can get a shoot at it.
    What's more, his health shouldn't reset when everyone dies, so the main difficulty would be pvp. Everyone in combat with him should be pvp flagged, this could lead to some nice open pvp battles again.

Well, just a quick idea that popped my mind when I read this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Now hear me out folks.

This post is supposed to make no sense and its not a suggestion cause I know it'll never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    They should make an outdoor raid boss that's completely undefeatable unless there's enough people there to make the server crash or something.
    My mind has been seriously boggled. Contradictions and pointlessness galore in this thread!!!
    Last edited by Nesingwary-Eliada; 2010-08-09 at 01:16 PM.

I would rather have an area plagued with extremely hard to kill creatures... somewhere I would say "there is no frickin' way I'm setting step in that hellhole." Put an extremely hard to kill boss around and we are good.

Also, there are "unbeatable" bosses - the white shark, the felreaver.

Successful troll is successful?

um relly nobody said this already...ok .whale shark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    i kinda agree it would be cool to have a boss that is unbeatable. when blizz releases a new raid instance, you already know that all bosses in there are going to die. it would be way cooler if you couldnt defeat some bosses, but you got epics from a chest or something as reward for trying.
    Oh, *pointing @ mal'ganis*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    immolate - hit
    shadow bolt - hit
    conflag - hit
    shadow bolt - hit
    incinerate - hit
    shadow bolt - hit

/idea
    That will still take some planning, cuz you wont be able to just spamm your ablities and nuke. Or well, you can, but alot of your spells will be immune and you'll waste alot of mana :c

something like an outdoor 40 man raid boss might work, something beatable, but good luck getting enough people and cooperation. the epics wouldn't be better than regular raid loot, about the same, they'd just be all BoEs and there'd be like 2x as much as what we see in a 25 man raid boss's loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Successful troll is successful?
    At this point I would say yes. But more like: "clever troll wins teh game".

they should make an outdoor boss with loads and loads of hp or some other form of dmg reduction.it should hit hard enough to need a tank or 2 and have some aoe dmg so you'd need healers as well, but other than that is should just take a really long time to kill 20min+ that way it would be perfect for world pvp. imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Just the word "unbeatable" would make me ignore him and go on with my playing as normal

This. Whats the point of putting an unbeatable anything into the game. No one is going to fight it if there is absolutely no chance of reward. Jeez my raid group can go do raids for loot or we can go out here and beat our heads against a mob that can never die.

World bosses are terrible and I hope they never bring them back. If they are going to put raid bosses in the game they might as well just send a bag of loot to the top guild on the server every week instead. During Vanilla, the same guild was always the one to kill the world dragons, Kazzak, Azuregos etc. on my server. Same was pretty much true for BC except they stopped bothering after awhile.

Putting anything unbeatable in the game isn't epic or fun. If you enjoy battling things that could never give you a reward just go slam your face into a wall.

Deleted
    This would be the most pointless waste of Blizz resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Sadly enough, I think that would befall under grieving and thus being bannable. During Vanilla you'd have the worldbosses, and on our server the raids would simply stack up outside of the area waiting for the other group to either kill it or wipe. First to get there wins, grievers were severly punished and got an instant bad-rep on the server (which was bad without any nick/class/faction/server changes).
    hmm.. i suppose.. thats the whole point though, so people going out seeking to kill said boss are aware of the downfall that awaits them lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe not unbeatable but able to be killed if every 1 helps

i mean really having bosses raid 1 city wont ruin ur fucking day, u have 3 other cities go to darnassus for once if sw is under attack by super boss

10+ Year Old Account
    Unbeatable bosses would probably have to take 24 hours or more to kill. That'd probably put the hardcore's hards back on. Unfortunately, people could die (in real-life) from attempting to do those bosses.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

a raid boss has attacked a city before burning crusade release kruul put the hurt on some ppl

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.