Thread: Fatigue?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Fatigue?

ok so im not sure if this has been post somewhere else, so im sorry if im making a duplicate thread. Now that everyone and their mom knows about the Maelstrom being accessible... Whats going to happen to fatigue? Are they doing away with it... or expanding it ie, now we cant fly/swim south or too far east or west? Only saying that is because i have read on wowwiki that the 3 continents are the only KNOWN discovered, so got that me thinking about this thread. What do you guys think?

I don't know if I'm correct on this, but whatever. I thought there is a portal of some sort to the Maelstrom, for a quest. So you can only go to the Maelstrom once. You can't fly there. So fatigue will still exist. I dunno
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk View Post
    Magic makes everything radioactive so if you drink water that hasn't been purified by a vendor, you get a stacking DoT debuff called Cancer.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    There =/= Their =/= They're; Where =/= Were =/= We're

Deleted
    Was never a big fan of Fatigue what be much more feeling like in a "World" of Warcraft if they would expand it from kalimdor to eastern kingdoms and maybe even northrend. All Sea accessible too would be great : )

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh i though since they were allowing flying mounts and ive seen some of the "swimming" mounts that it would pretty much be open to everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schnel View Post
    I don't know if I'm correct on this, but whatever. I thought there is a portal of some sort to the Maelstrom, for a quest. So you can only go to the Maelstrom once. You can't fly there. So fatigue will still exist. I dunno
    That's currently the case. You can't fly to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jermo22 View Post
    ok so im not sure if this has been post somewhere else, so im sorry if im making a duplicate thread. Now that everyone and their mom knows about the Maelstrom being accessible... Whats going to happen to fatigue? Are they doing away with it... or expanding it ie, now we cant fly/swim south or too far east or west? Only saying that is because i have read on wowwiki that the 3 continents are the only KNOWN discovered, so got that me thinking about this thread. What do you guys think?
    Maelstrom is an instanced area accessible through a portal, I believe. Once the initial quest is done there you cannot go back.

I'd assume fatigue will work just like in Northrend; you fly too far out, you take damage until you die.

Far as I know and have seen on Beta - it's only accessible from the one time only quest. You will fatigue and die before ever reaching it via flying mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Far as I know and have seen on Beta - it's only accessible from the one time only quest. You will fatigue and die before ever reaching it via flying mount.
    Yeah, same information i currently know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fatigue is in place because of the server architecture. You cannot fly from Kalimdor to Eastern Kingdoms or vice versa because different servers handle the different continents and have a specific way they need to pass data between each other.

So if you go too far out in to the expanse of nothingness, the easiest solution is to kill you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

between eastern kingdoms and kalimdor is a empty void (literally) of nothing, the ocean cuts off, its a empty void of nothingness mid way across the map that you cannot pass. (only able to fly this far due to vash'jr)

Flying out to the malestorm symbol on the map = void of nothingness wall as it was mentioned above, its instanced :P

from what i've seen, vash'jir is off the coast of eastern kingdoms and technically flyable to, but there's fatigue in the way. kind of like that (now gone ) island south of tanaris.

and the maelstrom you teleport too. i was hoping to ride Epicus Maximus there, but alas. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    from what i've seen, vash'jir is off the coast of eastern kingdoms and technically flyable to, but there's fatigue in the way. kind of like that (now gone ) island south of tanaris.

and the maelstrom you teleport too. i was hoping to ride Epicus Maximus there, but alas. :/

310% mount can safely fly from stormwind to vash'jr (also theirs an island above water with a FP at vash'jr) and you can fly off to the "edge of the world" (jut don't fly over any of the giant shell/dome things it will dismount you last I tried).

I made an old video demonstrating this infact
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clrKa0ZMT7A