Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've been playing since release and I'm exploring the inner depths of my head, but I simply can't recall any weird persons other than the usual douchebags, hotheads and people with complete lack of propriety sense and situational awareness.

One person comes to my mind though, he is the closest one that fits the term: weird:

3 months ago we recruited a 16 year old resto shaman from Sweden (not that his nationaly matter in this case).
    One of our raiders talked to him in a pug ToC run on his alt and thought he was a nice kid. He didn't really do any fuckups and seemed mature, so he asked him to make an apply since he was interested in joining us and eventually took him in, although he was below our requirement of 18.

At first everyting seemed fine, although he wrote *alot* in guildchat, but I guess he was just happy to be in our guild.
    But on our first raid day after he joined, he kept whispering our RL and officers because he wasn't invited to raid at first. Our guild management had told him, like we tell every applicant, that they are invited to raid when they see fit.
    We did some hardmodes that weren't quite farmable yet, (Lady, Putri and Sin), so we switched applicants in and out to test them. The most promising ones were kept at the harder fights.

The kid proceeded to do this more or less every raid night.
    On top of that, he continued to write alot in gchat about various kinds of stuff, sometimes it would get a tad out of hand.
    One of our officers is female in her twenties and she never had a problem communicating on vent during raids, this seemed to arouse the kid.
    He began to spam gchat and whisper her that he was into "mature" women and loved all her posts on our website because she had been discussing science with some of our members, which apparently was a big turn on for him.

What do young boys do to get a girls attention? Thats right, they tease, pull their hair, hides their stuff etc.
    He had an alliance alt and kept waving, /kissing and ganking the warrior alt of our female officer and kept relogging back and forth to taunt her about it. Needless to say she was genuinely pissed.

Basicly we told him over the course of many weeks to relax, calm down and just act more mature and he should really work on his sense of situation in general.
    We put up with him because he was an ok raider and somewhere in our minds we pitied him.

2 weeks later our members finally got fed up and plain up wrote and : "Shut the godddam fuck up" in gchat and Vent continuously whenever he wrote or said something.

We had to kick him, every member in the guild were ready to choke him if they ever meet him IRL.

As a bonus, some weeks later I did weekly in Ulduar and behold, his alt warrior was in raid. He then proceeded to whisper me: "Hey man, nice to see you etc etc etc. Could you need on the Sword from XT hardmode if it drops and give it to me?"
    From what I've heard from people in the guilds he later joined, he kept doing the same shit as he did in our guild.
    Some people are just............
    Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulus View Post
    For those of you reading this thread thinking "I've never met any weird people on WoW", then it's probably you.
    That's what I'm afraid of.. need to think harder of any weird people I could have met..

15+ Year Old Account
    One funny wierd guy was this low level toon and he would say on trade he was selling reagents,even though you could just go by them,and I felt pity on him so I asked him to get alot of the same kind and the said "But I can not hold that many in my bags." SO he just went back and forth from the vendor getting the reagents, it was real cute.

Another one is a trade troll,but he was very different..He was called frumpy on on nazgrel but he no longer plays.He talked in trade and like never lefted.He talked very good and seemed very educated and talked about science, politics and many other stuuf,He picked fights with everyone just so he could have a reason to be on trade chat,it was every entraining.

I have meet me other weird people being on the server that I am on but those stand out the most.

Weird stuff I do:

I personally like to 'test' out different personalities and see which ones people like the most,I try many different personalties racist,sexist,pure crazy,being very nice,being a little kid, being very old, and etc. It is fun, the really funny part is when these random people end up meeting each other and one thinks I am a racist and the other one thinks I am made of sweet sparkles and everything nice. I sometimes tell people I am a compulsive liar((it all started out when I did a little study to get extra credit....))

Some times random noobs ask me for gold,So I asked them if they loved me,and usally it either freaks them out or they say yes, if they do I send them 2 copper in the mail.

Many gold sellers ask me to buy gold,I end up saying I will and pretending I think they are trying to sell gold bars,it gets funny:}.

One time one of my holy pally's got hacked so I preceded to send many gay whispers to the hacker,more and more I did the worse it got finally I get a whisper back 'WTF' and he puts me on ignore, man fun times.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

the world of the internet is full of weird and wonderfull people, myself included, Me and my housemate at uni spent the better part of a year pretending we were a married couple with kids to his guild. i Raided in anouther guild and just had an alt in his guild, and whenever he needed an excuse to escape or whatever i'd log in on that toon and start screaming at him in /g about how something needed fixing or the baby had thrown up or whatever. Weird? yes funny Definately especialy when we went through "marital dificulties" due to his wow addiction.

me and an ex who also used to play used to pretend we were a gay couple....no real reason just used to make us laugh + very very few ppl knew she was a girl irl as she had some bad past experiances with "possitive" discrimination in previous games.

Personaly i love the anomity of the internet allowing you to act in a certain way and fish for certain reactions just to see how people respond, i will for example never be a racist however i can through the lfg system with a freind or 2 see how people will react to me seeming that way (this actualy happened by accident when i was grouped with one of my best mates) he was tanking and i gave him some tongue in cheeck racial abuse same as i do irl and same as he does back, but of the 3 other guiys in the group one joined in bashing on the chinese guy, one started going all hitler and talking about white supremecy and the 3rd reported all but my mate for being racist :P

never did get a ban for it although i know the other two did Gm spoke to me though and told me that such jokes between freinds should be kept to /w incase someone took them the wrong way XD (according to the gm our chat log had it not been for the odd line of im off to the pub you meeting us there? would ahve consisted entirely of abuse:P) This is a lesson i should realy have applied to real life so much trouble i would have avoided trying to explain to a 7 foot rugby player who is hitting on your housemate that {censored} is a term of endearment is it turns out pretty hard when they are drunk even if she turns round and gives you a big hug after you say it XD

Deleted
    I can't help but notice that a lot of these weird people are women or involve women in some way. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems there's a whole load of crazy women playing this game >.>

I mean most guys who play WoW are a lil bit odd, but judging by this thread the female population of WoW is completely insane :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzbam View Post
    I can't help but notice that a lot of these weird people are women or involve women in some way. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems there's a whole load of crazy women playing this game >.>

I mean most guys who play WoW are a lil bit odd, but judging by this thread the female population of WoW is completely insane :P
    Yeah, never getting laid will do that to people, me included! xD

Deleted
    An incredible hot (proven) chick living 20 km away from my town in Sweden. Really wierd to meet someone like that i a game like this so it should count as the wierdest person I've mett in the game.

Deleted
    The weirdest person I've ever met?.. That was on my old server, the one where I made my first toon. We had one of the best guilds on our side of the server, but it's just because of overall lack of ppl there, so compared to average wow guild we were not so good ^_^ But anyway, that guy was in the guild before I joined, so I don't really know how he ended up with us.

Well, firstly he was Russian, which is kinda weird, considered they prefer to be in Russian-only guilds. Just a side note here, I don't mean to be stereotypical, just describing what he was...

He was one of that "guild clown" type, in a tons of gchat, capslock, not making sense way, which is kinda normal I guess, most guilds have such ppl. On a side note, he was destro lock, and was doing really good in raids, but I have no idea how tbh. It was impossible to communicate with him, either you don't understand him, or he forgets to switch form Cyrillic keyboard layout and you don't even see what he types, or even worse, he would just reply in Russian. And when he typed anything, he had this strange "blyat" all over his sentences no matter what he was saying.

In vent (when he actually spoke, since most of the time he had mic disabled) you could not hear anything he says, just cause of that ass loud crazy Russian pop music pumping out. His favourite pass time was duelling people, simply burning them down with few spells and than insulting them. Actually, the only time you could more or less understand what he says was when he insulted someone. On top of that he always ended up being gkicked after some big drama, but was invited back after some time, cause of server conditions.

BTW, cba to proofread, so bear with it.

I generally like to welcome server transfers I see in trade chat with a friendly whisper of "welcome to our server!" or something along those lines. Well I've made a couple of friends this way but one friendship with a certain male friend of mine ended up being strange indeed (I am female).

Our friendship started off perfectly normal until one day this friend asks me to run some random heroics with him while chatting on vent. He had never heard my voice before or even was aware I was female until I started talking and suddenly he starts going on about how sexy my voice is. I just laugh and shrug it off and carry on with my run.

Our friendship was never quite the same after that as he would often whisper me with discussions that would always end up about sex and his sexual fetishes. I didn't want to be directly rude to the guy because he would often admit to me how lonely he was in real life but I would try not to respond much when he talked like this in the hopes he would get the hint.

It was the last straw for me when night after night he would beg me to get on vent and talk him to sleep with my soothing voice.

Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post

another wierd thing i have encountered is a lvl 40 something troll riding a raptor can up to me and showed me 100k gold and a lot of BoE epics in trade
    THIS! EXACTLY THIS! He was riding an ivory raptor which is very rare in itself and then he showed me 6 stacks of titansteel bars, 6 mechano hogs and 6 titansteel destroyers and thousands of gold. THis was ofcourse way back when these stuff were actually expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrin View Post
    Guy on my RP server used to run a cult. Everyone thought it was a great RP idea until we realized...he was fucking running a cult. His guild members were terrified of him and said they "couldn't" leave the guild even after the guy went totally apeshit and everyone started to see him for what he was.

We eventually ran him and his few inner circle off the realm. Not before he threatened to kill someone's baby on the realm forums and did a lot of other insane shit. He came back a year or so later and yelled at me in a chat channel. Good times.
    Don't know whether to lol or creep out-have decided on lolling.
    Fucking hilarious....he was running a fucking cult.

---------- Post added 2010-08-10 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tviksas View Post
    retribution paladin named.. etard...

and when i called him "oh hey.. rr.. etard!" he blocked me and kicked..
    like hells, think before creating character with such a name!! :d
    lol

10+ Year Old Account
    some of these posts... wow...
    Sadly alot of the wierd people I've met are close friends now and don't seem so wierd... kinda scary... but anyone I have 1 for now and I'll think of more later.
    Not too long ago I was leveling a warrior tank. I was running gnomer with a guildy of mine (healing) when we were paired with these two druids. Lets call them druid 1 and druid 2. Druid 1 was resto but had only qeued as dps. druid 2 was feral but never used any forms.
    I began tanking as usual. We down the first mob, and proceed to the next one. My healer and I start getting a bit ahead of the group, when I see in chat
    Druid 1: Slow down!
    Ok so he's not used to tanks who pull like this. w/e. I continue as usual, noticing he's saying alot of stuff that doesn't make sense, but thats ok alot of people don't speak fluent english. then I see
    Druid 1: Stop! Let druid 2 go first. He knows the way. he's the leader.
    Me: buddy, I'm the tank, I kinda have to stay in front
    Druid 1: Ok but follow druid 2. He knows where the bosses are. He's the leader
    Druid 2: I know how to go to the last boss
    Me: I've been running this thing for 4 years, I can get us to the boss
    Druid 1: Follow druid 2, hes the leader
    rogue pug: Actually it says Bubbles (my gnome tank) is the party leader
    Druid 1: Druid 2 knows where the bosses are, he's the leader
    We gave up and ignored them, but those 2 went on like that for pretty much the whole instance...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Lot of weird people out there.

You have:
    • The retards - people who don't know how to play or do really dumb things repeatedly.
    • The loners/stalkers - people you don't want to talk to but who whisper you as soon as you log onto the toon that is on their friend's list. You feel too sorry for them to /ignore.
    • The whiners / cynics / complainers / pessimists - the ones who complain about everything and the kitchen sink, and can never be happy about the way things are going.
    • The beggars - "can i haev 1 gold? Pleeeeez? u r 80 and rich."
    • The kids / immature - goddammit, stop throwing snowballs at everyone, you little 15-year old twerp.
    • The tossers / asshats - jerks who treat everyone badly, thinking it's funny to be anonymous and an a-hole.
    • And of course the freaks - creepy role-playing, disturbing actions, strange behaviour, etc.

I'm sure most have experienced at least some of these. No specific stories come to mind right now; though there is a loner who has my druid on his friends list. And I'm sure we've all met our fair share of jerks and retards in pugs.

A very good summary of most of the types one might encounter.

I have my fair share of stories, but I can't recall any of them well enough right now to tell. Most of them fit into the tossers/asshats category.

Quote Originally Posted by Razia View Post
    She's quit the game for whatever reason, I forget.

She probably found a guy and got married.

Deleted
    Henrie.
    Khadgar EU.
    THATS RIGHT YOUR STRANGE!

/Licki

I've met a lot of weird random people in WoW but I can't recall anything sexual going on like in some of the (freaky) stories I've been reading in this thread. I think the most recent even that freaked me out was early this year. I had my priest in a friendly, pretty small, leveling guild and we had this DK in the guild since a year back or so. He was always quiet in gchat. Never talked and responded seldom to anyone even though he seemed to enjoy coming on guild runs.

The shit hit the fan early this year when I ding'd 80 on the priest and people shouted the usual "gratz!" in gchat and the occasional ascii picture popped up. The DK seemed to have awoken from his slumber and started to cuss and swear in bad English, shouting in caps, flooding the chat with letters and numbers and kept on doing it even though I whispered the guy saying he would be guild kicked if he didn't stopped (I was about to become officer in the guild at the time). He didn't stop and after an hour a real officer logged on, I told him the story, and the DK got kicked.

To this day I'm very curious about the DK. He was very friendly at first, a bit shy maybe, but he never behaved like this. Something made me think he was hacked at some point and the hacker decided to take the piss but after he got kicked from the guild he never logged on again.

A Guy who's 40-50 and kePPt wriTTiNNg liKKe thIIs EveRRY sinGGLe tiMMe, anD whEEn I saYY eveRRy sinGGLe tiMMe, i meaNN evEEn on FoRRums or whiSSpeRRs

10+ Year Old Account
    I've met tons of weird people on my server, which during vanilla was well known for guild explosions and massive drama from every corner.

I've seen my fair share of women pretending to be men with a massive inferiority complex, guys who flirted with me or wanted to get together like mad upon hearing my voice/finding out I was female, drama llamas that attempt to implode guilds when they ragequit, a guy who used to throw a hissy fit if something went wrong in a raid and deleted his gear or his characters multiple times because he wasn't getting his way (and he was over 25!), and kids who were everything from sexual deviants who didn't get that they shouldn't be talking about this shit with adults they don't know or just general bads who acted just as one would expect from a punk kid.

But none of these compare to the first and only "meet a person from your guild" that I went through.

Let's do it point form, because the tale spans several years:

~ We meet a guy in a 40 person guild, we really have nothing to do with him, but learn that he lives in our city.
    ~ During the start of TBC when the old guild dissolved, he joins our smaller guild. We discover that he's super talkative, and is almost always online because he's single and works from his home.
    ~ He discovers we live nearby and insists we go for coffee (normal so far).
    ~ He spends most of the night explaining why he's gained so much weight, and that he'd crashed his car recently (not the one he drove in, his 'real' car).
    ~ A few weeks later he logs in and tells us he's been missing because he was arrested for speeding in this second car but having put the old ownership into his new car. It apparently was "covered in blood from the accident". He also spilled a hot coffee on himself giving him "severe burns" when the cop pulled him over.
    ~ Due to this, his father managed to get him fired from his job (apparently his dad is a psycho?), which meant he had to move. We were recruited to help (my husband thought he was down on his luck - I personally was becoming creeped out by all this).
    ~ He talks my husband's ear off most of the night, and doesn't pack anything I end up doing most of the cleaning myself. Again, some of the conversation was about how he'd just lost and then suddenly regained all the weight he'd lost because of the accident.
    ~ He tells me he's a IT guy but refuses to fix my computer, even though I offer him money. He insists I use a "personal friend" who owns his own computer store. The guy doesn't know him.
    ~ My husband and I move and we don't hear from him for a while because of the distance.
    ~ WOTLK starts and we find a new guild, leaving the old guild to him because he wants the name for himself. Whatever.
    ~ He leaves an alt in that guild and follows us to a new guild. He pries our new location from my husband, and insists we have coffee again.

This is where it gets REALLY creepy.

~ He's just as fat as ever but explains to us that he'd gotten super fit, and was only heavy now because of his obsessive love for this girl he'd met on the internet. He was fat now because she'd declined to come see him.
    ~ He talked our ear off for a long period of time, then insisted that he drive us home even though we long lived a block away.
    ~ In his own words, "So, yeah, I'm kidnapping you guys."
    ~ We drive nearly an hour while he tells us stories about the people he's beaten half to death.
    ~ In his own words, "My eyes change color when I get angry. They get really dark. So if you ever see my eyes get dark, like black, you make sure you apologize!"
    ~ We end up in another city, and pull up to the house where his kid lives in order to give his kid's mother her support check.
    ~ In his own words, "They're not really expecting me, but I feel like surprising them."
    ~ We wait there, standing in the sun, looking at the house for nearly an hour while he talks shit about his ex and her new boyfriend.
    ~ Finally I manage to convince him that perhaps he should come back another time - like when he's supposed to during a scheduled meeting.
    ~ He drives us back, but then insists that we go out for dinner, since he wasted our time.
    ~ He mentions, after we order, that he's broke so maybe we should pay for ourselves.
    ~ My husband receives really, really bad food. I tell him not to eat it, because it's spoiled (it smelled rancid). Said guildie tells my husband to eat it, or asks if he can't eat it instead. When we tell the waiter, the guy contradicts us in front of the waiter and says that the meat is fine and that we don't need to return it.
    ~ He eats the rotten food.
    ~ We pay up (the waiter promo'd my husband's meal, luckily), and I'm more than pissed now, but my husband is really still trying to be polite and we end up standing around for another 3-4 hours while he talks our ears off about the most random stuff.
    ~ Finally I insist that I NEED to go home so I can go to bed, and the guy nearly convinces my husband to get back into his car so they can continue talking.
    ~ The guy's cellphone rings and I use that excuse to drag my husband aside and tell him that we need to leave. NOW.

AFTER THIS:

~ Said guy becomes even more obsessive in guild, telling us all that he's making an alliance alt just to gank our fishers in Wintergrasp. Why? Boredom.
    ~ He called at least once a week if not more often to ask us why we aren't playing.
    ~ He insisted that we need to do coffee again, though I avoided the topic entirely.
    ~ During a world event, we're hitting up alliance towns and he brings out his 'ganking alt' and starts killing our noob members. Included in this is his rude/spit/cry/lol macros.
    ~ I drop his sorry ass out of hte guild, kick all his alts, and put all his alts on ignore.
    ~ We move and leave no forwarding number or address.

My husband still talks to him occasionally, but to be honest, I wish he wouldn't - last thing I want is this jerk showing up at our new home.

Wow, Creepy stuff
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace- Jimi Hendrix

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.- General Patton

i have a DK Female human and she has a nice hair cut and its that dark redish color and she has her nose pierce so when i'm in SW i get hit on by the low levels... i think the craziest one has to be when some one whispered me "Oh my a sexy female Death knight may i talk to you??" me /ignore