Fury Warrior Weapon question.

Hello. I just started a fury warrior today. I got the http://www.wowhead.com/item=44096/ba...n-thrash-blade to him and i was just wondering... should i use it as an off-hand weapon when i learn to Dual-wield or should i use it as my main hand?
    Is it even a good weapon for a Fury Warrior?

What is your MH weapon? If it does more damage per hit (not dps) then use it as your MH. Always have the weapon that does the highest damage per hit in your MH.

ALright, i dont even have a main hand yet since I'm lvl 10. But i'll keep that in mind...

i would recommend either going arms or prot until u get Bloodthirst because before that its pretty damn slow leveling . i found that arms is really superior to fury on the levels untill u actually get titans grip. but if you really want to go fury from the start then i suppose any 1 hand heirloom would do because you'll want to get 2 2h heirlooms after you get titans grip.

If you only get some quest reward / Drop Weapon as 2nd Weapon then put Trash blade into the MH, the Proc is wasted you wield it with the OH.

I think i'll go with arms after all...

I'd also recommend Arms over Fury for levelling really. It's very superior in terms of fast levelling. Also, I think Prot is quite nice for levelling these days too, although I cannot vouch for too much as I have never tried it myself.

Warriors cant duel-wield until level20, so that idea is a bit far off yet.

I would suggest getting either the 2h axe from emblems or the 2h sword from shards like you did the Trash blade. Use that to solo and quest until lvl15.

Then go back to your Trash blade with a shield and instant queue times, and then thunderclap your way to lvl80 as a tank.

OT: Your Mainhand always wants to be the weapon with the highest top-end damage, which usually results in being the slower weapon. Although as a warrior you are probably going to end up with slow weapons in both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Usharek View Post
    I'd also recommend Arms over Fury for levelling really. It's very superior in terms of fast levelling. Also, I think Prot is quite nice for levelling these days too, although I cannot vouch for too much as I have never tried it myself.
    its faster than arms when you pick up Boards and Swords. and the Revenge on prot is really OP, like critting 5.6k on lvl 71 is just insane lol. but before that it really is slower than fury :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Suddy View Post
    its faster than arms when you pick up Boards and Swords. and the Revenge on prot is really OP, like critting 5.6k on lvl 71 is just insane lol. but before that it really is slower than fury :P.
    Ah right, thanks for clearing that up for me also. I remember levelling some part up to 80 with a prot warrior friend, it went quite nicely.

When your revenge hits for 40-70% of your targets life I'd say Prot can level pretty quickly.

No way i'm going tank... so what do you think guys? Arms or Fury for leveling?

also to make things easier for the OP,

lvl 1-59: Arms > Fury > Prot
    lvl 60-80: Fury > Prot > Arms

it's kind of that way, atleast how i experienced it :P

so i would say go arms till lvl 60 and then respec and pew pew your way to 80 with fury. prot is in between because you have low downtime but on the low lvls its a pain to kill something "fast".

so what i recommend you do, without spending too much emblems, go arms with 1 2h heirloom axe and then @ lvl 60 get another 2h heirloom axe and titan grip your way to 80 . unless ofcourse you wanna be a tank then i would say stick as a tank from 20-80 with a 1h sword or mace. (fury is more fun than prot imo after 60 :P)

So, you decide here ^^

nevermind the tanking stuff :P go arms till 60 and then fury ^^
    Last edited by Suddy; 2010-08-24 at 12:49 PM. Reason: saw reason about tanking from OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zando View Post
    No way i'm going tank... so what do you think guys? Arms or Fury for leveling?
    Arms for levleing till around 30-40, then Prot becomes insanely good for leveling, fury isn't really all that good till higher levels, even then Arms+Prot are still superior.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.