Gear and Stat question for Boomkins

Gear and Stat question for Boomkins

First of all, my boomkin is Cent on the server Ysera, I can't post a link up because mmo-champ won't let me yet. So if someone that is able to post could do so, it would be appreciated :P

I'm having some trouble juggling my stats with my current gear setup. If whomever is reading this gets a moment check out my gear on armory. I'm way over all my caps with my current gear and to me it really doesn't seem like there is a whole lot I can do about it. Here's where I'm at unbuffed;

Hit 369
    Crit 973
    Haste 742

As far as crit is concerned, if I plugged all my information into wrathcalcs correctly, my crit cap is 907. I checked the sticky at the top of the forum and it looks like haste cap is 401, and 263 is crit cap of course, once those caps are reached, if I'm understanding things right, haste is a hair more favorable than crit.

I guess really my big question is, should I be concerned with being way over the caps, and should I start looking to replace what I currently have with other pieces. For the most part I've been using maxdps to check for BiS gear.

Thanks for having a look and would appreciate some constructive feedback.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Ysera&cn=Cent

My moonkin info might be a bit out of date as i haven't played in 3 months but maxdps sucks and you need to drop some hit(use rawr). Maybe drop teir pants for leggings of woven death or those cloth ones from 10man festerface.

Thank you for the rip on Rawr. I feel like a nub that I never heard of it, just watched a video about it youtube and it seems like an awesome prog. Thanks!

Keep in mind that the hit cap is a HARD cap, meaning every point of hit you go above 263, those are totally wasted points. Haste and Crit are SOFT caps, so you get diminished value than before the cap, but they're still very much useful. Think of the crit and haste numbers more as floors than ceilings. It's totally okay to be way over them, but you don't want to be underneath. Haste is marginally better than crit at your gear levels, but it's not a lot. Still try to focus on getting more haste than crit on a piece of gear, but don't break your neck trying to do it. And DEFINITELY don't get any spirit gear. Yuck.

As far as your gear goes, I'd recommend either picking up some pants without hit (Woven death like revasky mentioned), or grabbing the BQL neck and Halion bracers. That should put you at a much more reasonable hit rating and allowing you to pick up more haste and crit.

Rawr is definitely the way to go. Max-dps is very similar, but it's like a caveman's tool compared to rawr. Use it and profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzyb View Post
    Keep in mind that the hit cap is a HARD cap, meaning every point of hit you go above 263, those are totally wasted points. Haste and Crit are SOFT caps, so you get diminished value than before the cap, but they're still very much useful. Think of the crit and haste numbers more as floors than ceilings. It's totally okay to be way over them, but you don't want to be underneath.
    Thanks for breaking that down for me, the soft and hard cap concept was something I really didn't totally understand. I'll study that guide some more, seems there were some questions in replies in there that I overlooked that have a similar interest into what I was asking.

Appreciate the gear tips and feedback.