Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daumier View Post
    Not Velen, since he's already got obligations to his people, but maybe some other Draenei guy. I like the idea of a Draenei being Archbishop.
    And i like the idea of being able to punch any small child i want...but we cant all get what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    i sense troll
    Sorry But I play Alliance. Trolls are Horde race.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    i do enjoy ur posts though ive seen u around alot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    The Dwarves, Humans, and Draenei all worship the light :/
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    The Dwarves, Humans, and Draenei all worship the light :/
    Naaru are almost like " light elementals "

When Draenei, Humans and Dwarves all worship the light, it's all the same thing.

While I don't like the title of Arch Bishop, I would more then welcome the Prophet Velen relocating to Stormwind to teach anyone about the light and the evils of the legion and get people prepared.

They could convert that part of town into a Draenish area.

Velen is dam near uncorruptable.. if he didn't take Sargeras's offer I doubt anything the Twilights can offer him would be on any interest

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    humans dwarves and the humans who will be worgen developed there light on there own and its pretty much the same through out.
    Wait, wat. Dwarves learned of the light through contact with Humans after the forming of the Alliance. They didn't develop their beliefs separately. Neither did the Gilneans, since they are just another nation of Humans.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise.
    What a wonderful world such would be...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Velen is dam near uncorruptable.. if he didn't take Sargeras's offer I doubt anything the Twilights can offer him would be on any interest
    Unless the Naaru are in cahoots with the Old Gods. Like that would ever happen, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    Unless the Naaru are in cahoots with the Old Gods. Like that would ever happen, right?
    Spoiler Alert! Incoming thread deletion.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise.
    What a wonderful world such would be...

Intergalactic Mind Control?

Fairly sure the reach of the old gods persuasion is limited to Azeroth

10+ Year Old Account
    Intergalactic Mind Control?

Fairly sure the reach of the old gods persuasion is limited to Azeroth
    There are Old Gods on other planets, think of them as a race of planetary parisites. Dumb as Hell, I know.

OT: What about that lady in Shatt? Ishanah or something along those lines. She seems like a good pick, if we're still going for a Draenei.
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.

The Naaru have an agenda and I don't think its as divine as people make out. Remember that guy in Northrend that A'dal supposedly delivers into paradise. I suspect he died and went nowhere. In fact, I suspect the Naaru are products of the Titans. They may even be Titan poo. When Titans must poo (and when ya gotta go, ya gotta go), a Naaru is likely born.

As such, they probably serve the Titans and lest we forget, the Algalon had no doubt that if he sent the proper reply code, they'd come and re-originate everyone into oblivion. Poof. Everything is all gone. Consider this. They didn't re-originate after the Old Gods put the Curse of the Flesh on their servants and became so embedded in the world that they could not be destroyed, but had to be imprisoned.

But they'd have re-originated after all these races had come to be. How ...good can they truly be?

There are Old Gods on other planets, think of them as a race of planetary parisites. Dumb as Hell, I know.
    Same thing works with that.. old gods from other planets would have nothing to offer him either.

As far as I know there isn't a old god on or by the Azuremyst or close enough to try to corrupt the Naaru we have on the Exodar.

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 05:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HisDivineOrder View Post
    The Naaru have an agenda and I don't think its as divine as people make out. Remember that guy in Northrend that A'dal supposedly delivers into paradise. I suspect he died and went nowhere. In fact, I suspect the Naaru are products of the Titans. They may even be Titan poo. When Titans must poo (and when ya gotta go, ya gotta go), a Naaru is likely born.

As such, they probably serve the Titans and lest we forget, the Algalon had no doubt that if he sent the proper reply code, they'd come and re-originate everyone into oblivion. Poof. Everything is all gone. Consider this. They didn't re-originate after the Old Gods put the Curse of the Flesh on their servants and became so embedded in the world that they could not be destroyed, but had to be imprisoned.

But they'd have re-originated after all these races had come to be. How ...good can they truly be?
    A'dal prevented him from his other fate. As for the rest of your poo rant it's illogical.

My question is what would " Titan's Poo " Agenda be? find a toilet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh crap, this thread may derail into a religious debate. Quick, we need a distraction!

This oughta work for now.
    ty so much for introducing me to such an epic thing kudos and yes Velen would be the perfect replacement but then that would mess with the Pvp bear mount

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imo the draenei don't really use the light as humans do. I mean the blood elves were able to drain the power in question from a naaru, thus it's the naarus power, not the light. So I would say the "Draenei Light" is much more similar to the power of the Priests of Elune, who derive their power from a deity.

Regardless of that however, I don't think it would fit Stormwind's character to let a draenei become Arch bishop. Don't forget we're talking about a medieval society here. The humans of Stormwind have a healthy racist attitude against blue tentacle monster from the sky, so I don't see one of them leading the human church any time soon.

First of all, why is Velen even considered a "priest?"

Second, as a draenei player I find it rather insulting that Velen, an equal with the likes of Archimonde and Kil'jaeden and a faction leader himself be occupying some backwater religious position under human control. As if the Alliance wasn't human-centric enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    The humans of Stormwind have a healthy racist attitude against blue tentacle monster from the sky, so I don't see one of them leading the human church any time soon.
    Me and Varian seem to be on good terms, heck I even went with him to the Battle of Undercity. Also enough with the " Humans are racist " card.

They are allied with Worgen, Gnomes, Night Elves, Draenei, High Elves, Dwarves, Dragon's. These are all different races...

Can you show me some of this healthy racism you speak of? and please don't go running to the " Garithos was a racist " line either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and Varian seem to be on good terms, heck I even went with him to the Battle of Undercity. Also enough with the " Humans are racist " card.

They are allied with Worgen, Gnomes, Night Elves, Draenei, High Elves, Dwarves, Dragon's. These are all different races...

Can you show me some of this healthy racism you speak of? and please don't go running to the " Garithos was a racist " line either.
    I would agree that Humans aren't dominated by racists anymore, but it is understandable if a Draenei heading their religious organization would upset some of them.

Deleted
    Gogo Velen!!!

I would agree that Humans aren't dominated by racists anymore, but it is understandable if a Draenei heading their religious organization would upset some of them.
    Yeah it would upset the ones the old Bishop brainwashed

Human's have been fighting alongside Draenei for 2 xpacs now, they roam around Stormwind all over, I think the culture shock would be over by now. But I s'pose some people maay still have beef.

Those people can GTFO and join the defias

10+ Year Old Account
    They are. I as a Human player am. Thats my style of playing - RP servers.
    (even though I mostly play Horde - not a fanboy of any)
    OTOH Im even a 'racist' to another Humans in game. Im an egocentric-egoist with no support for 'the light'. But would love to help the riot just for the fun of chaos it brings xD
    Draenei go home! Doesnt matter if it still exist - Just go! (in aether or anywhere)