Thread: Solo AQ 40?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    sweet, thank you all heading there now =) Will probably do it as ret since I have a half decent ret set then.

one more question though, where is the entrance to AQ40, in relation to the one to AQ 20? xD
    On the right.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    i just killed all the mobs up to the first boss, eventually got the mount to drop. did it on my elemental shaman, might go and do it with my druid

Deleted
    The thrash before the first boss drops all AQ40 mounts, including the red one - just keep resetting the instance.

prot pvp warrior with recent arena gear. Easily soloable first trashpack, they wont even hurt me over the 10k hp mark. Got all AQ mounts within 10 runs

i'm not a paladin and not experienced enough on my alt to be able to comment on how you'd do it but i've solo'd up to twins previously on my DK, expect a lot of corpse running however, there are optional bosses that you really REALLY want to skip, and there are trash packs that are unsoloable due to fall damage or percentage damage. If you do your research you'll learn which ones aren't and which are. But to be honest, the first boss and previous trash are a joke to solo and you'l get plenty of mounts from there.

However, you do know that you can't use the mounts outside of AQ right?

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    100 Mounts achievement. That's what I did it for.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    1 Word: collector. Also, see above comment.

Deleted
    Well personaly im soloing it was prot with ret pve/pvp gear and a little prot gear for block im around 5.7 or something GS ( disabeld the addon quite long ago ).

So for you it shouldnt be a problem just use SoL if the boss is geting your hp down and SOV if you are over 50-60% ( a safe zone where you can still recover if you forgot to use Sol ) and Jol , if the boss is to hard hiting pull 2 adds so you can Hor them and get extar Sol heal's ( thats what i do atleast ).

Also i managed to solo only 3 bosses since i never tryed alot only like 2-3 runs then i got pissed at that place trash ;(. But you should be abel to solo everything exept twins , the ozze guy and C'thun with a little ( maybe a little more than some ppl would like ) practice..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmob View Post
    Not true. My warrior consistently gets MCed. Druids, however, are immune to mc.
    I'm not sure if you're kidding or not, but if you go into the instance with one other person in the raid and then they leave the group, you are in the raid alone, and mind control abilities are disabled. I've killed him three times this way on my paladin. And Druids can most definitely be MC'd on this fight when you're doing it with more than 1 person.

dumb question but how are you guys getting access to aq40 solo? you grouping with guildies?

No.
    No, No, No, No.
    and No.
    You can't solo Twins, end of.
    Thinking you can solo C'thun is like trying to punch the Loch ness monster in the eye then asking Chewbacca if he's gay.
    Last edited by Cowpunch; 2010-08-11 at 06:35 AM. Reason: is is not if.

15+ Year Old Account
    From above, if you go into the instance with one other person in the raid (they don't have to actually zone in, they can be in Dalaran or wherever) and then they leave the group, you are in the raid alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahzel View Post
    dumb question but how are you guys getting access to aq40 solo? you grouping with guildies?
    Got a guildy to invite my alt then i logged to main and he invited main and left, changed to raid group then =)

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    From above, if you go into the instance with one other person in the raid (they don't have to actually zone in, they can be in Dalaran or wherever) and then they leave the group, you are in the raid alone.
    got it, what about resetting the instance? you'll need to be in a raid again right?

the simple way

No waiting on trash respawn just click "reset all instances" it auto reset trash immediately. Just kill the trash up to the first boss and repeat this you'll get it in no time. I use to do this as a prot warrior and we have so much healing...lol

I suppose i could bring a healer friend and tear through it now.

Good luck and happy grinding!

I got my red bug because I was waiting for my raid to stop dinkj g around so I killed that first mob that pats cause I was bored and it dropped >.<

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 07:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sinrepus View Post
    No waiting on trash respawn just click "reset all instances" it auto reset trash immediately. Just kill the trash up to the first boss and repeat this you'll get it in no time. I use to do this as a prot warrior and we have so much healing...lol

I suppose i could bring a healer friend and tear through it now.

Good luck and happy grinding!
    well I doubt doing that 5 times would take an hour so that's kinda fail. Only able to reset 5 times in an hour FYI.

Wow that sucks that you can't use them outside. No wonder I can't find it on the Mounts wowwiki page, I guess they don't count them.

How're you guys soloing the first boss? I tried it as Ret but when he split I got WTFPWND by earth shock, even when I picked them all up. Tried it as Prot but it was essentially a slower death.

Twin emps will be impossible solo
    You can do c'thun untill phase 2
    The bug family will be extremely hard unless you can put out sufficient DPS
    The rest should be moderaty difficult, but not insane. bringing an equally geared DPS woudl make the fights possible

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    I'm not sure if you're kidding or not, but if you go into the instance with one other person in the raid and then they leave the group, you are in the raid alone, and mind control abilities are disabled. I've killed him three times this way on my paladin. And Druids can most definitely be MC'd on this fight when you're doing it with more than 1 person.
    True that mind control will operate differently, or even fail in most cases if you are the only possible target.
    That is unfortunate though for pet classes, since having the pet out will make you a valid target again, killing the pet and usually forcing a reset as a result.