Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just don't do it. It's not worth it. People won't praise you or envy you; they'll just make fun of you.
    Last edited by Yseran; 2010-08-11 at 03:21 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    did they not remove the 85lvl 525skillz achievments?
    Last edited by mmocb3ede8fb33; 2010-08-11 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted
    a game that when u fail gives u an electric shock ( not too much )
    it will keep you awake :P
    otherwise : food, food, water, friends, gz!

I know someone that is already preparing for server first. He's in beta testing out the optimal quests/zones/paths to follow. He's planning to getting ~12hr of sleep beforehand then probably questing for a couple of solid days without stopping. Pretty insane if you ask me, but this is to let you know the type of people you'll be up against.
    Just another random troll.

Deleted
    You'll never get the server first level 85 achievement with that attitude tbh.

I remember the day that WotLK released, I logged on around 17:00-ish (CEST), took the boat from SW harbor to Borean Tundra, and BAM, a mage reached 80. A few weeks later I met him in the middle of the night in IF and started talking. He had 6 friends helping him. They already mapped out which quests to do and what places to go to on the beta, he had a lock and others to teleport him anywhere, a healer and I'm not sure about the rest of the setup. He did it without any sleep, and he prepared for weeks up untill the release, collecting pots and what not. The fact that he was a member of my realm's best PvE guild probably matters too.

The people that actually get these achievements are hard-fucking-core. So, no offense, but you seriously don't stand a chance.
    Last edited by mmoc9e3819584c; 2010-08-11 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    You have no chance.

There is always a super rich South Korean who is surrounded by hot women and Bruce Lee that will beat you to the prize. Always.
    I lol'd n_n

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astug View Post
    You'll never get the server first level 85 achievement with that attitude tbh.

I remember the day that WotLK released, I logged on around 17:00-ish (CEST), took the boat from SW harbor to Borean Tundra, and BAM, a mage reached 80. A few weeks later I met him in the middle of the night in IF and started talking. He had 6 friends helping him. They already mapped out which quests to do and what places to go to on the beta, he had a lock and others to teleport him anywhere, a healer and I'm not sure about the rest of the setup. He did it without any sleep, and he prepared for weeks up untill the release, collecting pots and what not. The fact that he was a member of my realm's best PvE guild probably matters too.

The people that actually get these achievements are hard-fucking-core. So, no offense, but you seriously don't stand a chance.
    OMG this, sums it all up.

hard-F*cking-core, riding jason statham as a mount and dual wielding jet-li's.

And when Jet Li's are being dual wielded you know shit is gonna get AWOL.

Just saying.

OP...

If you think you'd enjoy the "race" then by all means go for it. You don't have to do all these stupid suggestions about buckets and food.

I am testing my mage in Beta... and I can say that AoE is prettymuch out fo the question... it just isn't potent enough (at current tuning) to be useful (the slowing has been lessened in beta).. HOWEVER.. Frost leveling is stupidly fast... between the mana shields and Ice Barrier, Water Elemental's extra Frost Nova, and the slowing effects and HUGE crits and shatter combos and Deep Freeze... yah it's FAST.

As far as stacking 25 q's prior to launch? By all means... you'll net around 1/2 a million EXP in the time it takes to turn them in...

The starting quests however are going to be HUGELY bottlenecked... this may work to your favor.. or it may not...

Go ballz to the wall... then eat somethign.. take the occasional 2 hour nap... and keep at it... and have fun if THAT is fun for you. (It will be for me... and the guild vent chat was hilarious.. especially after peeps got slap-happy from lack of sleep.

Get on beta, find best place to mob grind each level (hope no one interferes with your kills)...enjoy?? bleh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin_K View Post
    riding jason statham as a mount
    i lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman/Cataclysmus View Post
    1. Get a Toilet Chair

2. Get tons of food

3. Get tons of Energy Drinks

4. ???

5. GZ on ur 85
    6. Goodbye on Life

How about you consider the fact that there will be NO first level 85 achievements what so ever.

You need to quest in group or just farm dungeons until you can skip starting zones, atleast hyjal really follows 1-2 quests in single line and first quest areas will be heavily farmed. Simple quest like killing couple of mobs took me over 30 minutes on beta server because of area was full of people trying to do same quests.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueSlawted View Post
    im going to level a goblin man im excited for cataclysm! 1-85 as goblin/worgen and 80-85 all others excitted?
    Very excited! Finally some new content to level in for an altoholic.. Wuuhuu!

does no one pay attention to the 5 or 6 other people who already killed this topic?

bliz took away realm / server first achievements...

10+ Year Old Account
    I played for 20 straight hours the day LK came out, slept like 5 hours, and played another 20 hours and was like 77. 4 people already had 80s. You gotta get people to just nuke down mobs for you and can't sleep at all. People are incredibly hardcore.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Deleted
    I'm still debating whether to try this or not. Not first lvl 85 mage, just lvl 85 anything. Player, Mage, Blood Elf, don't care.
    I'm in the beta so I'll know the quests and won't need to check the map too often etc. so I'd have a speed advantage there.
    But not that ie. tanks can do dungeons non-stop with the dungeon finder they may have a surpreme leveling speed because of that...

Depends entirely when Cataclysm will come out, whether I'll be able to to pretty much nothing but gaming during that time or whether I'll be too busy.

It really all depends on the realm your playing. The first 80 on my realm hit 80 in 18 hours after the release of wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedros View Post
    I know someone that is already preparing for server first. He's in beta testing out the optimal quests/zones/paths to follow. He's planning to getting ~12hr of sleep beforehand then probably questing for a couple of solid days without stopping. Pretty insane if you ask me, but this is to let you know the type of people you'll be up against.
    Considering the new zones are linear in questing he's wasting his time. There is no real optimal quest paths - you make your way around the zone doing the quests as you get them. Also - no matter how much sleep you get beforehand you will still start to fatigue. You can't sleep for 48 hours and then stay up for two days feeling perfectly fine. Current leveling speed on Beta will allow the average player to reach 85 in less than a week anyway.

And last but not least - these realm firsts aren't returning. Pointless thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Take turns with someone else & get a 100% uptime.
    Merely stating a hypothetical possibility, not actually advising anyone to break the EULA here