Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Get another 4 people who will willingly stay awake for 24+ hours in a row and start doing dungeons.

Read, search, where are the Questgivers for the DungeonQuests who gives you good gear replacements AND a lot of exp upon completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    You can't find the source because they haven't confirmed it.

Source? Because that worked just fine for WotLK.
    ^ This. I did this for WOTLK as well. It works just fine. lol.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Don't know what the obsession with rushing to max level is. It would ruin the experience for me
    ^^that...
    I always found it annoying for people to rush to max level just to sit in a major city for the oooohh look at me factor. 15 mins of fame anyone?

but hey who am I to judge, it's their $15 a month they can spend it how they want.
    God is great, Beer is good, and people are crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu View Post
    Your chance is 0%.

They confirmed they will not be doing Realm First 85 Class, Realm First 85 Race or Realm First Professions in Cataclysm.

(Can't find the source, it was a Blue Post several months ago)
    People keep saying this but doing a google search and even a search on the WoW forums there is no post saying such a thing. SO until someone can provide a link with a blue actually saying this, I would pay no attention to it.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Yseran View Post
    Just don't do it. It's not worth it. People won't praise you or envy you; they'll just make fun of you.
    This is the best advice in the entire thread.

Also strange that people say that they have friends or know people who dinged 18 hours after the wotlk release while the world first lvl 80 was after 27 hours =/

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooty View Post
    This is the best advice in the entire thread.

This.

Just dont do it, stop playing when you get tired/bored.. its not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

As many people have already said, current heirlooms won't work past 80...for xp bonus at least (you'll still be able to equip/wear them). But unless you plan on taking a few days off of work/school/life, you won't be server first, sorry :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu View Post
    Your chance is 0%.

They confirmed they will not be doing Realm First 85 Class, Realm First 85 Race or Realm First Professions in Cataclysm.

This is in part due to Heirlooms being used for Goblins & Worgens pre-80.

(Can't find the source, it was a Blue Post several months ago)
    You can't find the source because it doesn't exist. I've looked and been watching, no blue ever said that.

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waterwings View Post
    This.

Just dont do it, stop playing when you get tired/bored.. its not worth it.
    Some people actually enjoy the race, like me. I don't do it for accolades or to be recognized, I do it because I'm highly competitive and I find the challenge fun. It also provides me with a personal sense of achievement to set a goal, work hard, and achieve that goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got realm first 80 rogue, played on med-low pop. server and slept a total of 8hrs (maybe a bit less) going 70-80, still ended as 6th 80 on the server behind 3 paladins a warrior and a druid. Didn't play in beta, didn't share accnt, didn't mob tag, did buy the game at midnight on release, go home, install and start leveling, stopping only to sleep and go to the bathroom.
    Last edited by Bricolage; 2010-08-11 at 09:08 PM.
    100 Rogue | 100 Priest | 93 Monk | 91 Druid | 91 Shaman | 90 Warrior | 90 Mage | 90 Hunter | 90 DK | 87 Warlock | 86 Pally

Deleted
    Amphetamines, lots and lots of amphetamines =P
    High chance of having a heartattack but a good way to ensure a server first 85 =D

10+ Year Old Account
    There are people who will literally sit on their ass all day just to get this achievement. If you consider yourself that crazy, sure you have a chance.