Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Shipping out half way around the world to play with the Night Elves only makes sense if you're a Druid. Otherwise it makes more sense for Worgen zones to exist in areas closer to what they're familiar with, while occasional Night Elf representatives would be around as global NPCs. Especially with the Auberdine port for ships being entirely destroyed as far as we know..
    This is a rather dogmatic statement, and one that I certainly do not agree with. But I have noticed that some people on this forum apparently have great difficulty making sense of even the simple things.

Out of curiosity: have you watched the worgen zone play-through videos yet?

That's because Bloodmyst was new at the time, and most people had likely done the Dark Shore quests to death.
    This is somewhat irrelevant as Bloodmyst is still intended for the draenei. While players of any race can move to other 10-20 zones of their faction to level, the zones still assume that certain races will be leveling in certain zones (e.g., Forsaken in Silverpine, Draenei in Bloodmyst, Blood Elves in Ghostlands, Humans in Westfall/Redridge, etc.). Nothing is stopping Draenei from leveling in Darkshore, but that is not the default assumption of the game. It is however the default assumption that night elves and worgen will level in Darkshore.

Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    The orcs are aliens too. They seem to be capable of responding to Deathwing fucking shit up just fine.
    Probably because the orcs have been here for 30-35 years rather than just 5.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Probably because the orcs have been here for 30-35 years rather than just 5.
    You say that like you wouldn't respond if you moved into a new house and a skyscraper fell on your neighbor's house.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't understand, just because the damn zone was designed with Worgen and Nelfs in mind, doesn't mean they (draenei) can't level there.
    They have their own damn zone, why do they need a second?
    Just because THAT ONE ZONE that they don't even need, wasn't designed with them in mind, doesn't mean diddly squat for them being in the rest of the expansion.
    Last edited by Tayla; 2010-08-11 at 11:02 PM. Reason: clarification

You say that like you wouldn't respond if you moved into a new house and a skyscraper fell on your neighbor's house.
    You say that like the draenei have as many settlements as the orcs do.

And I must have missed Cataclysm coming out. I could have sworn it was still in beta testing and not even all of the zones were completely finished.

I don't see the problem. In a Loch Modan preview it would probably be displayed as the second zone for Gnomes and Dwarves. Someone might go ZOMG HUMAENS CANN GO THER TUU!, and they can, but they don't need to write it like that. If you want to play a Draenei, and quest in darkshore after reaching lvl 11, then go ahead? No one is stopping you.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You say that like the draenei have as many settlements as the orcs do.

And I must have missed Cataclysm coming out. I could have sworn it was still in beta testing and not even all of the zones were completely finished.
    So you agree? The Draenei have jackshit to their name?

And considering 90% of the zones are "open for testing", there isn't going to be a magical cure-all to the problem. Just like Stromgarde will remain in ruins forever, the Draenei won't have a single settlement on Azeroth.

Deleted

And considering 90% of the zones are "open for testing", there isn't going to be a magical cure-all to the problem. Just like Stromgarde will remain in ruins forever, the Draenei won't have a single settlement on Azeroth.
    Swamp of Sorrows.

That's one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Swamp of Sorrows.

That's one.
    A single Vindicator is a settlement now? It's a Broken village. Nothing more. The Stormwind throne room has more draenei than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the latest Q&A.. I'm confused on two fronts:

1. I expected the Worgen to be using a zone for the 11-20 range on the same Continent as their starting zone, but oh well, I see no reason a Worgen wouldn't want to go to Dark Shore either.

2. Draenei? Hello? Anyone remember them? Dark Shore is their first stop after getting away from their original island. I realize they can hit well over 11 on their island, but then again, the Worgen seem fully capable of hitting more than 11 from what I've seen Beta vids of the areas in and around their starting zone. I also realize they can take a boat right after getting to Dark Shore, it's still weird.

It's hardly a big issue, it's not an issue at all really, but.. Draenei? Anyone remember them?
    Draenei go to Bloodmyst after Azuremyst.

I know. It's almost like they just showed up or something. Right?

Deleted
    There is at least one Draenei present in almost every single alliance camp I've seen on beta... There's also a crapton of Broken (and regular Draenei) in the Earthen Ring. Doesn't it sort of make sense that they're scattered here and there considering they aren't anywhere near as many as the other races?

Deleted
    A single Vindicator is a settlement now? It's a Broken village. Nothing more. The Stormwind throne room has more draenei than that.
    Harborage gets an upgrade in Cataclysm.

The only outpost they have in Azeroth as a whole is in north-eastern Ashenvale. Which is probably razed by the Horde, since everything except the far north-west seems to have been decimated by them. So what do they have left? A grand total of jack and shit.
    I haven't seen much on Forest Song per say, but the Alliance still controls a large section of Ashenvale.

Anyways, from what I've seen while there are very few dedicated Draenei towns there are plenty of Draenei NPC's around. Here's a short life of what I could find on short notice:

- A Broken Shaman in the employment of the Earthen Ring functions as Alliance player's "guide" in Vashj'ir.
    - A large contingent of Draenei have taken up residence in the Hinterlands. Apparently for the purpose of a cultural exchange with the Wildhammer and High Elves.
    - The Draenei have set up a portal from the Twilight Highlands to Stormwind.
    - The Draenei Shaman from Valgarde is now in Westfall and helps with the questline there
    - There is at least 1 Draenei Argent Crusade questgiver in the Western Plaguelands
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

From the latest Q&A.. I'm confused on two fronts:

1. I expected the Worgen to be using a zone for the 11-20 range on the same Continent as their starting zone, but oh well, I see no reason a Worgen wouldn't want to go to Dark Shore either.

2. Draenei? Hello? Anyone remember them? Dark Shore is their first stop after getting away from their original island. I realize they can hit well over 11 on their island, but then again, the Worgen seem fully capable of hitting more than 11 from what I've seen Beta vids of the areas in and around their starting zone. I also realize they can take a boat right after getting to Dark Shore, it's still weird.

It's hardly a big issue, it's not an issue at all really, but.. Draenei? Anyone remember them?
    I'm guessing because they want Draenei to use Bloodmyst Isle for 11-20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax
    i completely agree, im tired of all these half assed players jumping ship for what looks nicer in the wg wins, come to nathrezim, we have games where theres only 3 alliance members in wg, 3, its the most epic game of hide and go seek the raid boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeBa View Post
    I'm guessing because they want Draenei to use Bloodmyst Isle for 11-20.
    Correct me if I'm wrong (been like one and a half year since I leveled a Draenei character) but isn't there already a quest in the Draenei area around that level which is a breadcrumb for Darkshore? Always assumed it was their intention to let you be able to choose between the two.

Darkshore for Worgen and Night Elves and TheWafflers rogue camping the low lvl Worgen and Night Elves?
    I have repaired the error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garenzo View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong (been like one and a half year since I leveled a Draenei character) but isn't there already a quest in the Draenei area around that level which is a breadcrumb for Darkshore? Always assumed it was their intention to let you be able to choose between the two.
    At 15, by which point you're already around halfway through Bloodmyst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Space Goats, lul.

Really though they probably play horde and just forgot to mention Draenei, or assumed Bloodmyst would work. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garenzo View Post
    It would be extremely easy to take that quest out, A.
    And B, just because they give you the option, doesn't mean they're going to design darkshore with draenei in mind, all it means is that you have the option.
    Personally, i always thought anyone not using the Draenei area to the fullest extent was silly, it's soooo easy. Especially with BoA gear.