10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Class Help!

Hey guys. Altohilic here.

Im not one of those Altoholics that have 10 80's infact I only have 3 80's. Hunter, Rogue and Warrior.

Now my question to MMO goers is this.

Whats the most fun ranged class. (Besides hunter). Im currently leveling boomkin and having second thoughts. I got a holy priest that I want to make a shadow priest soon, and he is 67. I have a 35 mage, but everytime I get on him, I have no inspiration to level him.

I really want to level Shaman but it just seems so painful and looks like they are getting the shaft in Cataclysm.

Warlocks are somewhat as painful, I just find it hard to level a warlock. Seem to get them to 15-20 before I delete them.

So im looking for a little bit of help here. Im really liking boomkin, but it just seems like there are a ton load of druids, and for some reason I hate being the majority of anything (which is the reason Ive deleted my DK and Paladin)

Agh this is frustrating.
    Last edited by arrive; 2010-08-11 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Needed some more input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just IMO, even with all the soul crushing nerfs and sub-par representation in tanking and pvp, dk's are still one of the most dynamic and fun classes, if not the most. I speak, of course, of frost dps, because I'll admit everything else is either boring, underpowered, or both. But frost, that is a hella lot of fun. Plus, from a lore standpoint, the death knights have a lot of heroes (or villians) to look up to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalyynthefailadin View Post
    Just IMO, even with all the soul crushing nerfs and sub-par representation in tanking and pvp, dk's are still one of the most dynamic and fun classes, if not the most. I speak, of course, of frost dps, because I'll admit everything else is either boring, underpowered, or both. But frost, that is a hella lot of fun. Plus, from a lore standpoint, the death knights have a lot of heroes (or villians) to look up to.

I was thinking of having Blizzard bring my DK back from the dead. Id race change/name change him and everything. Being the harbinger of death and all that good stuff sounds like fun. But when I play my friends dk, I remember its not all cracked up to be.

Plus they are not ranged :/ I cant decide between Melee or Ranged.

You should really try druid. Yeah, there's a lot of druids around but that's to be expected when a class is so versatile. If you get tired of one play style, there's three more to choose from -- another bonus to keep you from getting bored. Right now, you're saying you can't decide if you want to be melee or ranged...thanks to dual spec, you can be both. Who knows, you might wind up surprising yourself by choosing to be a tank or a healer. No matter what aspect of the druid that you choose, you'll wind up having a lot of fun.

Ranged wise

boomykins is fun and hell who doesn't smile when they see a feather farting laser rooster

Mages HOLY JEBUS OF ALL THAT IS BUTT PAWNAGE fun but til about level 40 I'm gonna admit your basically screwed cause mages be da squishy mon level as frost to stay alive BTW and Mage armor us your friend as you level

elemental shaman again dinky til 40 and you have your water totem

shadow priest mehish basically dot dot blast finger thingy aoe

warlock
    demon much like beast master kill things while you hide behind your pet
    affliction fear then spam dots (this is the spec I leveled as)
    destro (no idea never played)
    remember if you level demon use your void til you get you felguard if affliction then imp since it's a mana battery

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally love being a mage, frost specifically.
    He is my achievement main, and I just love being able to port all over the place and get shit done quick. If something can be frozen, a frost mage can usually solo it. Not to mention aoe grinding.

I've leveled one of everything to 80 once (then deleted warrior, DK, and hunter to make room) and I didn't get into anything until about 45-50... especially paladin and shaman.

NOTE: I'm going to make a Worgen Hunter eventually. I don't hate playing hunters.

I love my paladin. I love tanking on him, as well as dpsing.

If I spent more time healing, I would like him more.

Being so versatile is so fun :]

I actually just specced ele on my shaman and it's pretty cool. Looking forward to
    making him raid viable. Seeing overload procs and lava burst crit every time.. Plus the new earthquake animation looks well cool. This is my first ranged and it's quite fun (level as enhance though lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    I actually just specced ele on my shaman and it's pretty cool. Looking forward to
    making him raid viable. Seeing overload procs and lava burst crit every time.. Plus the new earthquake animation looks well cool. This is my first ranged and it's quite fun (level as enhance though lol)
    My shaman is 68, I realllly do like it. I heard lava burt is sex. And Im already 2-3 shotting mobs.

Deleted
    Since you deleted your DK and paladin (I hope those were not 70+, that's a lot of professions and easy money lost...) ,

1. Mage - bitch to level up due to the downtime, but come Cata you will be laughing. Have you seen the Cata preview and beta? Have you?! I'll be rolling a mage in Cata! My new primary alt.
    2. Warlock - fastest leveller at higher levels (faster than even the paladin which is the fastest overall solo leveller). Awesome class in PvE. These days they are a good to excellent class in PvP for those who like a challenge and have a brain. Already have an 80.
    3. Druid - as night elf (due to Shadowmeld) they are reasonable levellers once you get Mangle as feral. If you are part of a group or levelling guild, you can use the same gear to level as Balance caster and also heal all the way up to 80 (you do not need Resto to heal to 80). Most flexible class since it can play all roles in the game. Free mounts make it significantly cheaper to level. However, in the current state of the specs, druids can be very boring compared to other classes. My main.
    4. Priest - I wouldn't bother unless you think you will like healing. With two healing specs, you will always be in demand in the endgame. Shadow priests are fun too though not as much fun as warlocks. Already have an 80. I'm a healing bitch so this will be my new main in Cata (I'm not healing on my druid without a shapeshift, the incoming changes to druids are pathetic and I'm tired of the same old thing).
    5. Shaman - I agree with you. I would love to roll a shaman. But over the years, I've noticed that they almost always get changed a lot and shafted by Blizzard. Its as if Blizzard can never quite agree what their niche is. Now with Cata, they undermined yet another aspect of shamans: THE buffing class. I will not roll a shaman until I have one of all other magic alts (includes DK which I have).
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-08-12 at 02:12 AM.

Shadow.

Priest.

i recently play a forsaken shadow priest and it was by god the most fun class i had ever played
    and yes i dip into melee classes and realize that im not a melee class of a person.....play every other caster class but hands down there is just something special about being and undead shadow priest

Fun wise; I have no clue why people are telling you mages. My main is a mage and when I tried to level a alliance mage to see the quests a while back, it was incredibly boring. I didn't bother since it would kill the class for me. It all comes down to personal taste really and how long you are willing to stick to the class until you get better toys. I level a druid back in vanilla and for some weird reason I stuck with it until BC. And leveling as a druid back then was a fucking pain.

Most fun/interesting class
    ...is the one you like playing the most.

Shadow.

Priest.
    Somehow this is also true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much can top hunters in terms of fun with the ranged classes.

But after that I'd say...Warlock. Leveling them to start out with can be a little painful, but once you start goin' crazy with the Affliction leveling things get fun. And then at 80 they have three viable raid specs, each with their own unique flavor. Warlocks are awesome.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.