Tips for optimizing DPS on Heroic LK10?

So I did LK 10 Heroic today with my guild's group that has killed him twice. They cycled in 4 new people this week and we're getting him to 30% consistently (so, 2 down phases). Our group is as follows:

Prot Pally on adds in P1, LK afterwards
    Prot Warrior on LK in P1, Spirits in transitions
    Elemental Shaman
    MM Hunter (Myself)
    Demo Lock
    Unholy DK
    Arcane Mage
    Holy Pally
    Resto Shaman
    Disc Priest

I find myself #4 on dps each attempt, not able to break 9K. I sit around 8800, 8900, thereabouts. I'm just above the Elemental Sham who is on Frost Orbs duty. We're barely getting him into Transition 2 before the fifth Val'kyr spawns. Our first two attempts actually had 5 Val'kyr.

So anyways, half the group knows the fight perfectly and has been doing it for months. Half of us are new to it.

Does anyone have any tips as to how I can maximize my DPS for this fight? There's an awful lot of movement involved and I feel like I'm not pulling my weight. (Ignore helm enchant, was %@*@ing around after raid)

EDIT: (Armory) http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...thas&cn=Denror
    Last edited by Truesight; 2010-08-12 at 03:47 PM.

For increasing your dps, I would recommend actually getting some melee buffs. Your comp is essentially four casters and yourself for damage classes.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Well, i would recommend gettin rid of resto shaman. 2 healers is more than enough.
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...thas&cn=Denror

Armory link b/c I skipped it before.

Someone else suggested to me going 7/54/10 and picking up 41yds for dpsing LK during transition phases.

according to the link you provided you aren't hit capped. You are at 7.18% hit including your 2/3 focused aim. This also means that your pet isn't hit capped. Also surv might be a better choice for the replenishment since I am not seeing one in your grp.. but its early and I may be missing something. You seem to be in the grp for utility not your DPS as well and because LK is one of those fights that hunters ARE utility sometimes our DPS can be lower than usual.

Who is on orbs? I don't like to have hunters on orbs but some raids do.
    Last edited by Voodoou; 2010-08-12 at 12:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    Who is on orbs? I don't like to have hunters on orbs but some raids do.
    He said in the main post that the ele sham is on orbs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    # Hit Rating: 170 = 5.18 %
    Focused aim 2/3 = 2.00 %

Total hit = 7.18 %
    Hit Cap = 8.00%

So get hip capped and see your dps raise

Quote Originally Posted by kevindv View Post
    # Hit Rating: 170 = 5.18 %
    Focused aim 2/3 = 2.00 %

Total hit = 7.18 %
    Hit Cap = 8.00%

So get hip capped and see your dps raise
    He's alliance for those who did not click his armory and has two shaman in his group.

Alien Buff = 1.00 %

Total = 8.18%

But imo, what Foibles said, your comp is not all that great for you. Need to get either a Feral Druid, Combat Rogue, Fury Warrior, or Ret Pally. Should be able to reduce the heals from 3 to 2, and then you could have 3 casters and 3 physical dps.

When I first saw whose armory it was, thought maybe you were trolling :P Just get Tanth to tank, he will 1 shot everything... best tank EVAR!

Do you have Might and Kings (there's two paladins but they might be doing it wrong)? Is the Prot warrior keeping Sunders up on LK P2 and beyond? Do you guys have to stop dps at all for shamblings and/or valks? Is anyone using the GotW drums? You have no replenishment. Does the prot paladin keep up JoW on LK? Does your raid know that Ele and Demo don't even stack (the SP buff at least)?

There's a lot of things that would improve your dps, most of them being raid comp issues like people have already explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirahadori View Post
    Do you have Might and Kings (there's two paladins but they might be doing it wrong)? Is the Prot warrior keeping Sunders up on LK P2 and beyond? Do you guys have to stop dps at all for shamblings and/or valks? Is anyone using the GotW drums? You have no replenishment. Does the prot paladin keep up JoW on LK? Does your raid know that Ele and Demo don't even stack (the SP buff at least)?

There's a lot of things that would improve your dps, most of them being raid comp issues like people have already explained.
    Yes to Kings and Might, no to Sunders (good point there), no stopping dps, yes to drums. And yea, no replenishment sucks but our Pally is very good and keeps up Wisdom. And we're aware of the not stacking. The group had a lot of AFKs this week so they brought in 4 instead of the 2 they wanted. The previous setup was . . .

Unholy DK (Obsidia)
    Combat Rogue (Altronix)
    MM Hunter (Darkshark)
    Resto Druid (Andredelis)
    SPriest (Alathria)
    Ele Shaman (Illiae)
    Disc Priest (Livina)
    Affliction/Destro Lock (Rosalind)
    Prot Pally (Aribethe)
    Feral Tank (Tanthalis)

And that comp 1shotted it last week. So we're struggling by also teaching 4 new people the fight.

Total hit = 7.18 %
    Hit Cap = 8.00%
    Two Shaman in group, 1 in each party, I am hit capped. If there's no Shaman, I swap my necklace from Rimetooth Fang to Wodin's Lucky Necklace and am hit capped.

When I first saw whose armory it was, thought maybe you were trolling :P Just get Tanth to tank, he will 1 shot everything... best tank EVAR!
    Unfortunately he was AFK this week and may not be back for Heroic LK10 again. His schedule is such that raiding on our non-usual nights is difficult. But I agree, he's a beast! As is Aribethe.

I had thought about trying out Survival but I don't want to swap all of my ArP gems to Agility just for that one fight and I don't have a second set of gear (been using Saronites to gear out fresh alts =P).

I'll talk to RL about getting Sunders on LK in P2 and such. After the final Raging Spirit goes down (which is after Val'kyr #1), she should be able to do that.

Thanks guys =D

yea sorry I was sleepy when I said he wasn't hit capped and being Horde I forget about the draenai buff. And see I also missed the thing about the orbs =P SLEEPY AND MASSIVE HEADACHE!! Ignore my oversights =P

Haven't looked at your armory, but if you went Survival you wouldn't NEED to change out Arp gems for agility. Top SV spec with BIS is actually fully gemmed arp, because it's just that good at hardcap. My 'meh' SV offspec uses like half arp/half agility for 10 mans if they require replenishment. The dps gained by not having to AotV + substantial raid dps is worth an extremely large amount in the long run, whether or not you change gems for a miniscule possible 100-200 personal dps difference.

Good luck with it, wish I had a guild capable of downing it.

have your resto shaman spec enhancement/elemental if he has any offspec gear, (enhance pref since you already have 1 ele shammy D). and bam your grp get 20% more dps gz.

Quote Originally Posted by Truesight View Post

I find myself #4 on dps each attempt, not able to break 9K. I sit around 8800, 8900, thereabouts. I'm just above the Elemental Sham who is on Frost Orbs duty. We're barely getting him into Transition 2 before the fifth Val'kyr spawns. Our first two attempts actually had 5 Val'kyr.
    If you're having dps issues, you're sure as hell not pulling 8800-8900 dps. You're probably around 6.8-7k and don't want to admit it. The top hunter on WoL has 8900. With your gear, you're certainly no where near him.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...anship_Hunter/

Looking further into your world of logs data, you struggle to break 7k in normal mode 25. You seem to have an issue at mastering your class.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

#1. Parses use EDPS. Recount shows higher DPS than the parses will. Oh but GG by assuming I lied in my post. Top parse for Heroic LK 10 showed 11660 actual dps.

#2. Thanks for attack. It takes a lot of character to verbally assault another player looking for advice.

#3. Considering your completions of only Heroic Gunship and Valithria, your advice is invalid.

I asked for advice, not bitching. Get the fuck out.

EDIT: #4. On LK25 Reg, I'm killing Vile Spirits.
    Last edited by Truesight; 2010-08-15 at 02:41 AM.

#2. Thanks for attack. It takes a lot of character to verbally assault another player looking for advice.

#3. Good job completing Heroic Gunship and Valithria. You must be really proud.
    I get so disapointed when I see stuff like this... for instant; if I play Counter-Strike and someone complains that I or someone else is cheating, they end up turning on their own cheat... dubble standards, bah...

I responded in kind. Wah.

Better?
    Last edited by Truesight; 2010-08-15 at 02:41 AM.

I responded in kind. Wah.

Better?
    point is that you complain about being attacked, they you attack him right back. and your attack is irrelevant because he's progress in ICC has nothing to do with hes knowledge of the class and capabillity to give advice, he probably has some kind of explination for that. I'm not trying to defend him in any way just making a point...

I just raid casually in 25s. If you look further into my kills, you will see I'm 8/12 heroic in 10s, which is where I waste a good bit of time now. I'm more interested in getting the title/drake from 10 than I am apping to a hardcore guild for 25 progression so close to the expansion.

Regardless of my 6.1k gs compared to your 6.3k or whatever gs / progression, I still know the class. And you're still not pulling 8.9k on heroic LK.

Further, using recount for anything other than on the spot reference is not a good idea. An amazing and knowledgeable raider (lol?) such as yourself should know that recount is terribly inaccurate.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics