Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Because it is absolutely impossible to change that area...with druid and/or shaman magic? I highly doubt stormwind will keep a destroyed district forever. Sorry, but the explaination "nobody used it anyway" could go along with the removal of all rp realms. Dwarven district was only used for the forge, if that was moved to old town they could also have destroyed the dwarven district. Or the Exodar.
    I'm sorry but i cant see this happen.

dont forget that goblins also have their capitol of Bilgewater Harbor!
    The greatest question of all time: If you encountered a big red button with a sign that says DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON....would you press it? i sure as hell would...who could resist a button like that? No one thats who...and if they say they wouldnt...theyre dirty liars and you should slap them with a pickle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rantus View Post
    This is just the small worgen area in Darnassus - the chances are that they will also get a larger area in Stormwind, where the park used to be, as the destroyed version is called Worgen District in the game files.
    Well THAT is something new!
    So you tell me that the incinerated part of stormwind, wich is the park, is actualy called worgen district in game files?
    Well maybe then....i could be wrong! But in a intervue a blizz developer said that the worgen district is moved to darnassus and won't be in stormwind. THey maybe didn't changed the file name by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblerouser88 View Post
    dont forget that goblins also have their capitol of Bilgewater Harbor!
    It's not a capital. It's a quest hub. Not a very big one either, but it's nice looking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Beta is the stage of the game that only minor things should be repaired/put and only minor bugs should occur.
    Alpha is the place for making districts and whole zones..
    Just a reminder, this has hardly been a Beta like you describe it. Whole zones are yet to be implemented and will likely get some changes as well.

Deleted
    This is called LORE mate...! you cant have machinery and guns e.t.c. in worgen district... goblins are about engineering! and besides that EVERYTHING in darnasus is about trees, environment, wild life. Its the concept of the city! and stop crying about hordes having better cities cause i have to remind you again that for the last 6 years hordes are running on the roofs like animals!

Deleted
    So you tell me that the incinerated part of stormwind, wich is the park, is actualy called worgen district in game files?
    Well maybe then....i could be wrong!
    That actually makes sense to me. The Park could get destroyed in the pre-release event and then get rebuilt later in the expansion. I mean, ol' Genn and the gilnean Druid trainer are already in Stormwind anyways.

Well maybe then....i could be wrong!
    Guess where the speculation about the park becoming the worgen district comes from Basically almost 100% from this information. It's no prove, they could've scrapped the idea and only give worgen a tree in darnassus, but the possibility is there. And an awesome chance for them to demonstrate their new phasing too. I mean you will have whole subzones like towns/settlements phasing to show increased fortification over the course of quests and such.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be fair, all Blizzard ever said was:
    "Worgens will get a place to hang out in Darnassus".
    Dawwwwwww

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by symbolic View Post
    This is called LORE mate...! you cant have machinery and guns e.t.c. in worgen district... goblins are about engineering! and besides that EVERYTHING in darnasus is about trees, environment, wild life. Its the concept of the city! and stop crying about hordes having better cities cause i have to remind you again that for the last 6 years hordes are running on the roofs like animals!
    I dont want guns and machinery in worgen district...you are realy dumb if you thing so.
    And horde/alliance cityes were equaly cool in vanilla in my opinion, dude, you just cry.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but i cant see this happen.
    But do you see this happen:
    Quote Originally Posted by rantus View Post
    This is just the small worgen area in Darnassus - the chances are that they will also get a larger area in Stormwind, where the park used to be, as the destroyed version is called Worgen District in the game files.
    EDIT: NM, im to typing with all the work goin on here >.<

Beta is the stage of the game that only minor things should be repaired/put and only minor bugs should occur.
    Alpha is the place for making districts and whole zones..
    Twilight highlands is practically empty,Uldum is very much empty, all but 2 5 man instances, all the raids, Worgen females, the new mounts, not a single epic piece is ingame, a whole BG.

Yeah sure man, Minor changes... uhuh. You honestly don't have a clue what a beta is, ist far from finished.

The real Placeholder Worgen capital still needs to be revealed, might even be that hole in the ground in SW, do you honestly think they are not going to try and repair it? You should have a chat with the people working at ground zero in New York.

Deleted
    Took a pic of the slums for comparision...

And to add to Rakkam's post... don't forget that all zones haven't been revamped yet, including Darnassus and its supposed Worgen tree... no name or NPCs like I said before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakkam View Post
    Twilight highlands is practically empty,Uldum is very much empty, all but 2 5 man instances, all the raids, Worgen females, the new mounts, not a single epic piece is ingame, a whole BG.

Yeah sure man, Minor changes... uhuh. You honestly don't have a clue what a beta is, ist far from finished.

The real Placeholder Worgen capital still needs to be revealed, might even be that hole in the ground in SW, do you honestly think they are not going to try and repair it? You should have a chat with the people working at ground zero in New York.
    Check in wikipedia what Beta stage means, im not guitly that blizzard does their beta diffrent way...
    And what do people working at ground zero in new york have to do with stormwind? Do they are going there for their next project?

---------- Post added 2010-08-12 at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garenzo View Post
    Took a pic of the slums for comparision...
    [IMG]jpg[/IMG]

And to add to Rakkam's post... don't forget that all zones haven't been revamped yet, including Darnassus and its supposed Worgen tree... no name or NPCs like I said before.
    Don't forget that they got something like this all over Azshara....+ 1 CLEAN pool.

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Well, to be fair, all Blizzard ever said was:
    "Worgens will get a place to hang out in Darnassus".
    Marry me, Finally someone other then me who read the quote entirely.

"Darnassus is going to get a small Worgen district because Worgen are the new Druid-like race for the Alliance, so it makes perfect sense that they would have a spot there. We have a whole new art style we’ve created: It’s these buildings that look like they’re built out of trees but they’re Worgen-style, so they’re dark and spooky – they fit the Gilneas style. And those will go into a section of Darnassus." ~ Cory Stockton

Nothing says they won't get a district in both areas, I'm not saying they will but the fact that even wowwiki is assuming they changed the location rather then puting something in both places irritates me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post

"Darnassus is going to get a small Worgen district because Worgen are the new Druid-like race for the Alliance, so it makes perfect sense that they would have a spot there. We have a whole new art style we’ve created: It’s these buildings that look like they’re built out of trees but they’re Worgen-style, so they’re dark and spooky – they fit the Gilneas style. And those will go into a section of Darnassus." ~ Cory Stockton

Nothing says they won't get a district in both areas, I'm not saying they will but the fact that even wowwiki is assuming they changed the location rather then puting something in both places irritates me.
    I cant see where are the 'buildings that look like they re build out of trees but they re Worgen style." This implyes that they will get more buildings than 1...
    All i can see is a spooky tree with some remains of night elf architecture on it... weird.

10+ Year Old Account

^^^

This guy has it right.

A tree is actually great real estate in Darnassus.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Well at least your race isn't getting kicked out of the main city! :P
    Cake!

Wowwiki is only maintained by fans too. Everything should be taken with a grain of salt. It is not an all knowing, always correct almanac.

I actually never really paid much attention to the quoted line, because to me it was obvious because the zone after gilneas is darkshore so some worgen presence in darnassus seemed mandatory to me. And also I don't expect this to be the only worgen presence we will find on azeroth. But now I see that people maybe took this quote the wrong way and that explains why everyone was so much over that tree in darnassus.
    Last edited by Samin; 2010-08-12 at 10:10 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?