Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    There is still a difference between being reluctant to use it due to the cooldown or because of the choice in what to use, and it potentially limiting your later options.
    The removal of the shard cost from demon soul is a huge improvement there nontheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Runc View Post
    I'd like to see shards used for utility, and agree with the folks saying Demon Soul should not use them.

If that means we use shards less during raids, I'm fine with that - so long as they still give us an instant resummon or other utility when we need one, that's cool - a straight up improvement. Best that they don't factor at all in terms of balancing our dps. Why try to force them into PvE? They don't currently have any great role to play in raiding (except in between combat for HS/SS/TV) so it's not like we'll miss them.

And in Cata Demo at least is certainly going to be a long-CD based class, with Meta, Summon Guardian, and Demon Soul all tying in with Herolust and Decimate, Demo is going to be even more about forcing the stars to align for you than it is right now, with the other two specs getting a little taste of that. Blizzard has said they want to widen the difference between average and good players, and I suspect they think making the most of medium to long CDs is part of this (as opposed to the current Destro short CDs plus dots, which is kind of strategy-free and whack-a-moley).

As for choices in PvP, then too much thinking = lol. That's no different to "shall I use my trinket now? It might be more useful in a bit". If a bunch of utility options are available to give an advantage to good players, good players will take them and profit. If a player doesn't recognise the opportunity, or worries about maybes instead of what's happening, then they need some more practice.

It would be good to see some more shard options though. Maybe...
    Shard + Soul Stone = Combat Res?
    Shard + Demonic Circle = Place your circle within a 30 yard range?
    Shard + Death Coil = Knocks you back 10 yards?
    The teleport one could be horribly overpowered, particularly in a pvp environment by placing it on top of a building or other region out of reach of other players.
    Could be open to abuse in pve too, maybe evade bugging bosses.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-08-14 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mei View Post
    I simply do not find it a big deal to have soul harvest be an instant unchanneled spell that regens your shards over 9secs with maybe up to a min cd while in combat. I don't understand the oath that blizzard took before saying they only want us to use 3 shards per fight.. what's the point?? Ghostcraler even said blizzard wants warlock to think about their shards since it should be a core feature so what is the big deal? It's not like an instant soul fire every 30 secs is like omg op! or anything...
    I think the point was that if it's just a 30 sec CD, there is no thinking involved anymore. It's just another mole to whack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The teleport one could be horribly overpowered, particularly in a pvp environment by placing it on top of a building or other region out of reach of other players.
    There already is a teleport one, iirc it's something like a speed boost and immunity to slow effects for 5 seconds after porting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There already is a teleport one, iirc it's something like a speed boost and immunity to slow effects for 5 seconds after porting.
    Yeah, that's for shard + demonic teleport. I was thinking of a possibility for shard + demonic circle. Agree with ComputerNerd that my first suggestion would be too OP and open to abuse. How about making it cast a circle on your pet's current position? With the new "move to..." button on the pet bar this could give some really fun strategic possibilities and be less exploitable (pets cant get onto roof, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Teleport is already overpowered in BGs on live. This just makes us an even more efficient flag cappers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    He didnt mean "teleport" per se, but demonic circle summoning. so when u use SS with summon u can target it within 30 yards, SS + tele would be seperate effect in his understanding

---------- Post added 2010-08-16 at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Teleport is already overpowered in BGs on live. This just makes us an even more efficient flag cappers.
    ROFL, are you even serious? and what about Druids, shaman and paladins as FC? oh or even warriors with intervene?

DC being OP...

I smell sarcasm :P

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    He didnt mean "teleport" per se, but demonic circle summoning. so when u use SS with summon u can target it within 30 yards, SS + tele would be seperate effect in his understanding

---------- Post added 2010-08-16 at 02:07 PM ----------

ROFL, are you even serious? and what about Druids, shaman and paladins as FC? oh or even warriors with intervene?

DC being OP...

I smell sarcasm :P
    No unfortunately not. If you got a good team strategy, you'd own wsg. Lock jumps in, gets flag, ports way up where a druid or shaman waiting whose going to run with the flag...

I'm not comparing. Teleport is overpowered in its own right (in WSG) especially that it allows z-axis teleports which in the hands of smart warlocks will just be awesome in wsg.

I cannot remember the last time I was able to actually grab the flag and port back up.
    If I stop to lay my port then someone else will grab it anyway, with no consideration for tactics.
    It will nearly always be someone with greater survivibility or escape mechanisms.
    No randoms in their own right will ever give the flag to a warlock if they have a choice in it.

The run speed increase, which we have yet to even get is not close to comparable with the run speed a druid or rogue can achieve, and without them needing to prepare it in advance.

Maybe your battlegroup is better than mine, but if anyone actually gives instructions they are most of the time ignored or told to shut up.
    They don't give a damn about winning, only honor farming.